Why Don’t Dogs Like Me?
Are you the type of person who would love to pet every dog you pass on the sidewalk, but you can’t because they always seem to get aggressive with you on sight? Here are a few things that may be at the root of the problem if most dogs are immediately on guard in your presence.
- Your voice – Dogs care more about the tone of your voice than the actual words you are using. They interpret high-pitched voices as happy but may have a negative reaction to a deeper voice, which comes across as angry.
- Your actions – Dogs feel threatened when you hold their gaze for too long or when you lean in over them.
- Your interaction with the owner – Dogs seem to be able to recognize if you have a pleasant interaction with their owner or if you are perceived as rude. The dog is always going to side with their owner, so start by greeting them with a big smile.
- Your scent – If you smell like a dog they don’t know (perhaps because you have a dog at home or were just petting another dog), that can put a canine on edge.
- The dog’s history – If a dog has been abused, anyone who reminds them of the abuser will cause instant anxiety. If the abuser was a male, the dog might be wary around any unknown man.
If You Have Been Injured By a Dog Bite
Sometimes a dog will become so agitated that it attacks despite being unprovoked. If this has happened to you, the owner’s insurance should cover your medical expenses or other losses. Contact Petrov Law Firm today to get the assistance that you need by calling 619.344.0360.