What to Do When You’ve Been Injured on Hotel Property
One common location for slip and fall injuries is at a hotel. Whether you slip on a wet floor in the lobby or get caught up on bunched carpeting in a hallway, you may be able to seek compensation for medical expenses and other losses. Here are a few things that you need to remember.
- You have to prove you belonged there – If you sneak onto hotel property and slip by the pool, that’s your fault. But if you have proof that you were staying at the hotel, then the duty of care to keep you safe is on them.
- File a report – The hotel manager can help you submit an incident or accident report (the title may be different depending on the hotel chain, but the idea is the same). Make sure you get a copy of the report.
- Don’t wait to see a doctor – If you are hurt, don’t put off medical care. Get the help you need first and worry about seeking compensation later. Sometimes you may not realize just how injured you are because of the shock, so don’t think you can just walk it off.
- See if there are any witnesses – If so, get contact information from them so you can get in touch later if the case requires it.
- Take pictures – Just about everyone has a smartphone nowadays, so use yours to take some pictures of the scene and what caused the slip and fall.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in or near San Diego, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to get the compensation that you deserve. Call 619.344.0360 to get started today.