What to Do About Medical Bills When You Suffer an Injury
Receiving proper medical care is of the utmost importance when you have been in some kind of accident. However, at some point, you need to start thinking about how you will pay the medical bills that come in, especially if you were cared for at a facility that isn’t in your insurance network. What should you know?
- If someone else was at fault for your accident or injury, you are entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills.
- You don’t have to see an in-network doctor to receive compensation for your medical bills. In fact, you don’t even have to use your medical insurance.
- You do have to either agree to a settlement or win a suit to receive any compensation.
- Medical bills are not the only losses that occur in an accident. You may also be able to receive compensation for lost wages and pain and suffering caused by the injury.
- Don’t sign anything until you speak with a lawyer. Insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible. They figure you will take less to avoid waiting for the money. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to maximize your settlement.
Southern California’s Reliable Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in the San Diego area, the trustworthy lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have the experience you want in your corner when dealing with an insurance company after an injury. Contact us today at 619-344-0360 to learn more.