What Can a Personal Injury Attorney Do for You?
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize your settlement, and that is usually a person’s purpose in seeking out legal counsel after an accident. However, your personal injury attorney can handle a lot of other steps on the path to the settlement. Here are a few of the things you get when you hire a personal injury lawyer for your case.
- Learn your legal rights – Every state is unique when it comes to personal injury cases, so a local attorney can help you to understand your rights.
- Go over the particulars of your case – Do you qualify for compensation? What types of compensation should be considered in the settlement?
- Be a go-between with the insurance company – The insurance company is going to try and get you to say something that will get them out of having to pay anything at all. Having a lawyer be a go-between ensures you never have to speak to an insurance agent who might otherwise trick you into saying something that hurts your case.
- Investigate and advise – Your lawyer will help investigate the case and will advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Go over the settlement – When you receive an offer, an attorney can help you to review it to make sure you do not agree to something detrimental to you. A lowball settlement can be renegotiated based on the facts of the case.
Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer in California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced injury attorneys you can trust in San Diego. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get all the help you need for your case.