Watching for Symptoms in the Wake of a Car Accident
The accident wasn’t that bad, so you declined a trip to the ER in an ambulance. After all, your car was still drivable, and you had to get to work for that important meeting. Sure, your neck was a little sore the next day or two, but that always happens with a fender bender. There’s no real cause for concern, right?
Actually, symptoms of an injury from this type of accident can take weeks or even months to arise. Head to the doctor right away if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Migraines or other headaches – This is the number one symptom of post-concussion syndrome. You may not have hit your head, but you still may have been shaken around enough for a concussion to occur.
- Vertigo – If the room seems to spin, twist, or sway on occasion, this can be another sign of the aftermath of a head or neck injury. Be careful not to fall and sustain further damage.
- Cognitive symptoms – If you have memory problems, difficulty focusing, or become easily confused in the months after your accident, these may be the symptoms of brain fog.
- Mood swings – From becoming more easily irritable to experiencing anxiety or depression, these are also symptoms that may relate to your accident.
- Insomnia – This is another common symptom of a concussion or neck injury.
Car Accident Injuries in Southern California
If you have had to seek medical attention in the wake of a car accident, the bills can pile up fast. Contact Petrov Law Firm today to get help filing for a settlement from the insurance company of the guilty driver. Call 619.344.0360 to get started.