Tips for Kids Before They Ride Their First ATV
It is summertime, and that means many will be out riding ATVs. It is a fun hobby, and parents with adventurous children may decide to get their kids into riding at an early age. However, ATVs are not a toy, and so it is essential to understand how to keep your child safe, even when they are having fun on one of these vehicles. Here are some tips before their first ride.
- Make sure your child has the proper gear – That includes compliant headwear and clothing that covers the majority of the skin (including gloves).
- Check local laws before riding an ATV on a paved road. Remember that the purpose of ATVs is for off-road use, so drivers won’t be looking for an ATV on the road.
- Adults should never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and that is even more true for kids.
- Don’t put two people on an ATV designed for one.
- Make sure the ATV is the right model for your child’s age.
- If your child is under 16, you should be there to supervise.
- Teach your child to use a safe speed.
- Start out with an ATV riding course before letting your child ride on their own.
If You Experience an ATV Injury in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced personal injury attorneys to help if you have been injured in an ATV accident. Depending on whose fault the accident was, you may be eligible to recuperate your medical expenses and receive compensation for other losses. Call our San Diego law office today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started.