The Common Causes of Accidents Involving Semi-Trailer Trucks
Truck accidents are a common occurrence in the San Diego area and across California. In fact, in 2012 alone, truck collisions resulted in more than 200 fatalities and over 5,000 injuries in California alone. Why do truck accidents occur so often? There are a number of reasons that result in injury and property damage. Here are a few:
· Driver Error – If the driver is not trained properly or lacks experience, driver error may be to blame for the accident.
· Driver Negligence – A perfectly capable driver may get into an accident by speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or medications, or by reckless driving behavior.
· Driver Fatigue – If a driver exceeds federal regulations in regards to work hours or is too tired to drive for other reasons, sleepiness can lead to a crash.
· Medical Issues – While there has been a nationwide crackdown on this issue, some drivers are still out there who have health conditions that should disqualify them from commercial driving.
· Cargo Loading Practices – When cargo is not properly loaded or secured, something can fall from the truck causing an accident.
· Overweight Vehicle – When a truck is loaded beyond its recommended load bearing capacity it may become difficult to stop or control.
· Mechanical Problems – Whether caused by improper maintenance or a steep grade in the road, loss of brake control can cause an accident.
Hire San Diego’s Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers
At the Petrov Law Firm, we can help truck accident victims to receive due compensation. Contact us at 619-344-0360 for a consultation to determine any monetary damages you may be entitled to.