The Best Tips for ATV Safety
An all-terrain vehicle can be a great way to have some fun on the weekend, especially since you should always be on it alone anyway (if it is a single-rider ATV). That makes it great from of recreation when social distancing. However, a shocking number of accidents lead to injuries every year on ATVs. Here are the best prevention tips so you can enjoy your weekend without an incident.
- Use designated trails rather than taking off into the forest
- Ride at a safe speed
- Use an ATV that is right for your size – this is especially important for families when riding with youths
- Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and be careful with prescription medications that may make you drowsy or reduce your reaction speed
- Never take someone with you on an ATV built for one – they make two-seaters for a reason
- Don’t let kids ride without proper supervision
- Take a safe ATV riding course
- Follow the guidelines from the ATV manufacturer
- Always wear a helmet and other appropriate safety gear when riding – this may include a face shield, eye protection, sturdy shoes or boots, gloves, and long sleeves
If You Have Been Injured Riding an ATV…
Petrov Law Firm is the San Diego law office here to help when your personal injury case involves riding an ATV in California. Our lawyers are experienced, especially when it comes to dealing with insurance companies to maximize settlements. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started.