When a loved one is lost tragically in death, your family needs compassionate support. Hiring a lawyer may not be the first source of support you think of, but it needs to be on the list. This is because many tragic deaths take place due to negligence or the fault of another person or business. In these cases, it is important to receive compensation to help your family financially as you grieve.
Here are some circumstances that may lead to a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Workplace Accidents – When a death occurs in a workplace, it is important to know what safety mechanisms were in place and if the worker had the proper training. Sometimes a business asks someone to do something they are not qualified for or without the proper safety gear. This would make the business negligent.
- Motor vehicle accidents – This is the most common cause of wrongful deaths. Whether the person who caused the accident was driving under the influence or was distracted, there are many reasons for a person to be at fault. The car insurance should cover the settlement in cases like this.
- Medical malpractice – When a medical professional misses an obvious diagnosis or mistakenly supplies a patient with a treatment that proves deadly, there could be ground for a medical malpractice case.
When Your Family Is in Need in Southern California
The compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help your family during such a time of tragedy. Give us a call at 619.344.0360 to learn what our team can do to help your family.Read More
We know that there is no truly sufficient number that can make up for the loss of a loved one. That is why the compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm want to help you maximize your settlement in the aftermath of a traumatic loss. The money can help you to recover from the financial losses that frequently accompany the sudden death of a loved one. Here are some things you should be compensated for:
- Directly-related expenses – The cost of the funeral, burial, and any medical bills connected to your loss should all be included in the settlement.
- Loss of financial support – This is especially necessary if the family member you have lost was the primary breadwinner. You need to receive compensation for all future earnings that are now lost.
- Compensation for loss of emotional support – You can’t put a price tag on everything your family has lost, but you should still be compensated. This is especially true if any family members suffered the trauma of being an eyewitness to the tragic death.
- Punitive damages – While these damages are paid to you, they are designed to keep anyone else from having to suffer the same loss. Punitive damages punish the offending individual or company, so they are motivated to change their practices that led to the wrongful death.
And there may be additional damages for intangible losses or property damage associated with your case.
The Compassionate Attorneys to Help Your Family in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm wants to help your family during this difficult time. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced and compassionate attorney who can get your case started in California.Read More
If you have lost a loved one tragically, we are so sorry for your loss. Death is a terrible part of life, and it is compounded when someone has been ripped away from us too soon. Even more tragic is when the loss is someone else’s fault. This is when a wrongful death suit can help you to recuperate financial losses associated with the death.
What are some of the more common ways a wrongful death occurs?
- Car accidents – While the word accident is in the name, car accidents are often someone’s fault. If a driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding, driving recklessly or distracted, or was breaking any traffic laws, you should receive compensation for your loss. This includes medical bills, burial costs, lost income for the family, and even loss of emotional support.
- Medical malpractice – A person may die prematurely due to a wrong prescription, a mistake in surgery, failure to diagnose a condition properly, or a mistake with a medical chart. In these cases, an individual or practice may be at fault.
- Falls and other injuries – From slip and fall accidents to workplace injuries to insufficient security in a public place, there are many ways that a death that occurs could be due to the negligence of an individual, company, or public entity.
Get Help for Your Family in This Time of Need
The compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here for your family. We have the experience you need to maximize a wrongful death settlement and get the financial help your family needs to cope with this tragedy. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started.Read More
If a loved one has died due to the fault or negligence of another person, we are so sorry for your loss. If you have found your way to this article, you realize that the negligent party should compensate your family for losses. Before accepting any settlement, be sure that compensation is included for the following:
- Direct expenses – Burial, funeral, and any medical expenses incurred should be covered by the defendant.
- Loss of support – If the person provided financial support for a household, the family might be losing out on years of future earnings (besides other financial losses).
- Emotional losses – There is the loss of love and companionship as well as the emotional distress that could result if you were a witness to the tragic loss of your loved one.
- Intangible damages – Some damages it is difficult to put a price tag on. For example, your family has lost the moral support of the decedent as well as any future guidance they would have provided. There is also the loss of marital relations for the surviving spouse. Additionally, if the decedent experienced pain and suffering prior to death, this should be compensated for as well.
- Property damages – Besides the wrongful death, any property that was damaged in the accident should also be considered.
Compassionate Attorneys for your Wrongful Death Case in Southern California
If you have lost a loved one in a tragic manner, the experienced attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Call 619.344.0360 to get the assistance you need.Read More
First of all, if you have found this article because you have tragically lost a loved one in death due to someone else’s negligence, you have our sincerest condolences. This is a terrible time for your family, and we want you to find the compassionate help that you need. With that in mind, we will keep this brief.
Here are the crucial steps in a wrongful death suit and how to get yours started.
- Identify the responsible party – Depending on how the death was caused, the responsible party could be a criminal, a driver, a manufacturing company, an employer, or even a medical professional.
- Determine if you can legally start a case – In California, to bring a wrongful death case, you must be either the spouse (including domestic partners) or child of the deceased. If no one matches that description, then another family member may be able to pursue legal action.
- Hire a wrongful death attorney – Don’t hire just any lawyer. You need someone who is experienced in wrongful death cases to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
Once you hire a competent wrongful death attorney, you can rest assured that the investigation, demand for compensation, lawsuit, or any other necessary steps will be handled within the deadlines given by the state.
Compassionate Wrongful Death Suit Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here when your family needs us the most. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started today, and let our experienced attorneys go to work for you to ensure you receive the maximum settlement.Read More
A wrongful death is a terrible tragedy that can cause untold grief to a family. One minute, a member of your family seems like they will be with you for years to come, and the next, they are gone without any good reason. We are so sorry if your family is dealing with this sort of horrific tragedy.
Unfortunately, you are far from alone. Disasters like this occur every day in southern California. Here are just four of the many types of wrongful death cases that we see all too often, right here in our area.
- Motor vehicle accidents – This can include car accidents, trucks, motorcycles, and even pedestrians or cyclists. Additionally, there are off-road vehicles like ATVs that may lead to a wrongful death.
- Defective products – If safety instructions are not included, or there is a defect in the product itself, the manufacturer may be at fault for a death caused by their product.
- Workplace accidents – Workers need to be properly trained and provided the necessary safety equipment for their job. If these minimum standards are not met, the company is at fault for any deaths that occur on the job.
- Medical malpractice – Patients deserve a particular standard of care. If the minimum standard is not met, compensation is necessary.
The Assistance You Need During Times of Tragedy
Money cannot bring your loved one back or fill the void of their sudden loss. However, you should still get what you deserve to help your family weather the loss, especially if you lost a primary breadwinner. The compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started now.03Read More
If you have lost a loved one due to the actions or negligence of another person or company, you have our sincerest condolences. There is nothing more tragic than a life being cut short due to something that should have been avoidable. Here are the most common causes of wrongful death suits:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Whether the offending driver was driving recklessly, distracted, sleepy, or under the influence, many car accident fatalities qualify as a wrongful
- Medical malpractice – Whether medication is dispensed incorrectly, a procedure is performed improperly, or an obvious diagnosis is missed or provided incorrectly, the doctor or medical facility may be at fault.
- Defective products – If a company knew about the defect and failed to provide a recall in time, or the defect was due to negligence in some way, this can qualify as a wrongful death case. It can also be something like a failure on the manufacturer’s part to inform the user of safe practices for the use of the product.
- Work accidents – Whether the accident was avoidable due to poor safety protocols or the company failed to train their employees properly, these foreseeable incidents qualify as a wrongful
Legal Assistance for Grieving Family Members
When you are grieving a loss, you need compassionate assistance from an experienced wrongful death attorney. Petrov Law Firm is southern California’s source for the care you need when tragedy strikes. Call 619.344.0360 to learn how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.Read More
The CDC used 2013 figures to illustrate just how much fatal car accidents cost California residents every year. We’re not talking about the emotional toll that these deaths take on families. These numbers strictly represent the financial toll. The figures may prove shocking to you.
- $38 Million – This represents the medical costs left behind by patients who died in car accidents in the state of California in 2013 alone.
- $4.44 Billion – This staggering number is the amount of work loss costs incurred by these accidental deaths. Take, for example, the husband, father, and businessman who doesn’t make it home from work one evening. His family has lost perhaps decades of his income.
Of course, there is no way to calculate the impact of such tragedies in mere numbers. That’s why wrongful death plaintiffs often receive more than just medical compensation and compensation for loss of future income. Pain and suffering, as well as emotional losses, also need to be considered, and that can lead to settlements that provide well for a family during the long time of emotional healing that needs to take place following such a catastrophe.
Compassionate Lawyers for Your Wrongful Death Case in California
Petrov Law Firm has the compassionate lawyers that you want on your side during a wrongful death suit. Please remember though that time is of the essence when you have a case like this. As a result, we encourage you not to delay in calling our San Diego office at 619-344-0360.Read More