If you have experienced an injury due to a trip and fall in southern California, you need to know how to maximize the settlement you will receive from the insurance company. You can’t rely on them to make you a fair offer on their own. After all, the insurance company needs to protect their client and themselves. Here are a few vital tips.
- Get examined by a physician – You are going to need to see a doctor to confirm that you have injuries. You don’t have a case if you don’t have any actual damages. While doctor visits may be expensive, they should all be covered in the final settlement. Plus, you need to get looked at. You don’t want a minor injury to become something that stays with you forever just because you didn’t get it taken care of right away.
- Gather your proof – You should have taken pictures or videos of the scene of the accident. Hopefully, you were also able to get contact info for any eyewitnesses. If you filled out an accident report, make sure you get a copy.
- Hire an experienced attorney – You want a local attorney who is experienced in personal injury cases. This will ensure the optional settlement.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys for you. Let us help you get what you truly deserve from the insurance company. Call 619.344.0360 today to learn more and to get the assistance you need!Read More
A trip and fall accident involves stumbling over something or perhaps not raising the foot high enough to get over the hazard. What types of injuries are common in this sort of accident and what are some of the most common causes in Southern California?
Trip and Fall Injuries
When a person trips and falls, certain parts of the body are more prone to injury. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Face – If caught completely unaware, you may not have the chance to stop yourself from going face first into the ground.
- Fractures in the hand, wrist, or arm – Your first instinct when tripping is probably to throw your arms in front of you stop yourself from hitting your head. This is how most people sustain hand and arm injuries.
- Knee injuries – In a less severe accident, you may not go all the way to the ground. However, landing on one or both knees can still do a lot of damage.
Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents
Here are a few of the common ways that trip and fall injuries occur:
- An item left where it doesn’t belong
- A high door jamb
- An unmarked step up or down
- Uneven concrete or pavement
- Bunched up carpet
What to Do if You Suffer an Injury Due to a Trip and Fall in Southern California
Trip and fall accidents can happen to anyone. If you have suffered an injury and need compensation for medical costs and other losses, please contact the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm by calling 619-344-0360.Read More