A slip and fall accident can cause injuries to the legs, arms, or even the face and head. How can you get the settlement you need in order to pay the tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, not to mention making up for any missed work? Here are three tips to help you maximize your payout.
- See a doctor – Without medically documented injuries, you are unlikely to receive anything in a settlement. You have to be able to prove that there are damages in connection with the injury.
- Gather proof – There are many things that can serve as proof in your personal injury case. Take pictures at the scene of the accident if possible. If they are time-stamped with the location embedded, that’s even better. Get a copy of the accident or injury report you filled out at the scene. Gather any medical bills or other expenses you have receipts for that relate to the injury.
- Call Petrov Law Firm – You want to an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner when dealing with an insurance company, which is just about always the case when a slip and fall injury occurs.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, you can find the help you need at Petrov Law Firm. Call 619.344.0360 to get in touch with our experienced team and get started on your personal injury case today. We’re here to help when you need it most!Read More
There are three important things that you have to do if you have been injured by a slip and fall accident. Taking these crucial steps will help you to get the settlement you need to cover your losses due to the injury.
- Step 1: Get the medical help you need – Your health should be your top priority after an injury. While step two is important, if you are seriously injured, getting care has to come before gathering evidence.
- Step 2: Document the incident – Hopefully, you or someone who was with you at the scene of the accident was able to take some pictures as evidence. Also, the place where you were injured should have had you fill out some sort of accident report. You should have received a copy of that.
- Step 3: Hire an experienced personal injury attorney right away – The fact is that companies will use the statute of limitations to their advantage to try and force you into taking a settlement that is way less than what you deserve. Going to a professional right away can give you the leverage you need when trying to get a fair settlement to cover your medical expenses and other direct and indirect losses.
Hire the Personal Injury Attorneys Southern California Can Rely On
Petrov Law Firm has the experience you want in your corner when working toward a personal injury settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started today!Read More
A slip and fall injury can take place at any time when there is a hazard or negligence involved. What are the most common injuries a person will sustain in this type of accident, and how do the injuries occur?
- Hand and arm injuries – From scrapped palms to a fractured wrist, the hands and arms are locations for some of the most common slip and fall injuries. It is only natural to put your hands out to catch yourself if you suddenly fall, and this can prevent even more serious injuries. Unfortunately, setting a bone isn’t cheaper just because it is in the hand or arm.
- Injured knees – A slight trip may just result in falling down on one or both knees. However, this can still do a lot of damage. While the exterior results may be no more than a skinned knee, on the inside, there may be damage to bones, cartilage, or even connective tissue like ligaments and tendons.
- Facial injuries – The worst injuries often occur when a fall happens out of the blue, and the person can’t get their hands out in front of them in time. Face injuries may include a broken nose, lost or chipped teeth, broken bones, and other damage.
Southern California’s Slip and Fall Injury Experts
Petrov Law Firm is here to help if you have been injured in this way. Get in touch with our experienced personal injury attorneys today by calling 619.344.0360 to start working on a settlement right away.Read More
You may be leaving the house less often than usual, but that doesn’t make you immune to a slip and fall injury. Employees are busy. Stores are taking extra precautions with cleaning. We encourage that. However, it’s not an excuse for negligent practices.
For example, if a floor is freshly mopped and left soapy and wet without a warning sign, it could easily lead to an injury. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that is due to negligence on the store owner or employees, here are a couple of important tips.
- You need a lawyer – Insurance companies will sometimes offer a settlement when they know their client is in the wrong. Hopefully, you realize that 99 times out of 100, the offer is dreadfully low and just an attempt to keep you from seeking legal counsel. Don’t sign anything before speaking with an experienced attorney.
- There is a statute of limitations – Coronavirus may lead to putting things off. That’s a bad idea when it comes to a personal injury suit. As the statute of limitations gets closer, the insurance company will have more leverage. You want to begin the procedure as soon as possible to encourage a larger settlement.
San Diego’s Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers
If you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to help with your slip and fall case, Petrov Law Firm is here for you. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an attorney and get the help you need.Read More
Depending on the state that you live in, there can be varying laws that determine the statute of limitations for a personal injury case. For example, here in California, the statute of limitations on personal injury depends on the damages you want to pursue, how they were caused, and by who. Here are a few examples:
- When you experience an injury – You have two years to make a personal injury claim to receive compensation for things like medical bills. So be sure to start your case as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve.
- When your property is damaged – If your claim involves property damage but no injury to yourself, then you get a third year. Remember, though, that you are likely to get better results if you start on your claim sooner rather than later.
- When the at-fault party is a government agency – Now time is really of the essence. You only have six months to bring a claim against a government agency. So be sure to hire a personal injury attorney to get started right away if a government agency is at fault for your losses.
Personal Injury Attorney in Southern California
If you have experienced a personal injury in California, the sooner you get the assistance of an attorney, the better. You can call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to get your case started now. Our experienced lawyers are here to help you get the compensation that you deserve.Read More
From car accidents to slip and fall injuries, there are many things that result in a personal injury claim. We are going to look at four types of compensation that you may be entitled to if you have been injured due to the fault or negligence of another person.
- Medical costs – Be sure to track all of your medical expenses. These should be covered by the responsible party.
- Property damage – The classic scenario would be a car accident. In this case, your car is the property that is damaged in the accident, and the repairs should be covered by the at-fault party.
- Lost wages – If you miss work due to the injury or you are no longer able to work, you may receive compensation both for present and future wages that have been lost.
- Pain and suffering – Any additional pain and suffering that you experience as a result of the injury is handled together in this category. It includes things like emotional damages that you have experienced as a result of the accident or injury. In general, the largest part of the settlement covers this category because these are factors that it is difficult to put a price tag on.
Southern California Personal Injury Attorneys
When working on a personal injury settlement, you are usually communicating with a stingy insurance company. Don’t sign anything without the help of a personal injury attorney. Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More
If you have fallen in a store or in a public place and suffered an injury, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses or missed work. However, there are a few things that you need to know. Here are two key factors to keep in mind if you are seeking a slip and fall settlement in California.
- The statute of limitations is two years – This means you should be seeking an attorney pretty much immediately after you receive any necessary medical care. As it gets closer to the two-year mark, insurance companies won’t want to pay out as much because they figure they might be able to delay things until you end up getting nothing.
- Don’t sign anything until you have a lawyer – An insurance company may offer a payout to get you to sign something that waives your right to any future compensation. You only get one chance to get a settlement, so it has to cover all of your current and expected future medical expenses as well as any lost wages or future lost wages. Yes, a lawyer gets a cut, be he or she can also get you a much larger settlement.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced lawyers to help you. Operating out of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista, we provide convenient locations to our clients and can help to maximize your settlement. Call 619-344-0360 today to learn more.Read More
This is an important question to answer because you need to know if you are going to be responsible for your medical bills and any work you may miss or if you are eligible to receive some compensation to help you out financially while recovering from your injury. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Your safety is your own responsibility – That having been said, the store owner does have to provide reasonable care. The difference in opinion may be over what is considered reasonable.
- You need proof – Take photographic evidence at the scene, even if you aren’t sure anything will come from your injuries. If the store has injury report paperwork to fill out, do so. Get checked out by a doctor so you have a medical record of your injuries.
- Time usually has to pass to prove negligence – If the person walking in front of you drops a soda and you slip on it, that isn’t the store’s fault. If someone spilled a soda an hour ago and no one has bothered to clean it up, that makes a better case for you.
Get Legal Advice for Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
Before you sign any sort of settlement, be sure to contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. The insurance company is going to want to pay as little as possible. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side is the only way to ensure that you get the full compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation today.Read More
Not all causes of personal injury are actionable, but there may be times when you can seek compensation for your losses. Here are 5 of the more common reasons for personal injury suits in California.
- Slip and fall accidents – In order for you to be able to make a claim, you have to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner. This means that the owner was negligent in caring for the circumstances that led to your slip and fall.
- Motor vehicle accidents – California is a fault state, so the amount of compensation will depend on whether or not you share some blame for the accident.
- Defective products – If you are injured while using a product properly, you may be able to receive compensation for damages, especially if the manufacturer should have known about the defect.
- Workplace injuries – Whether you perform manual labor or work in an office, accidents can happen. Unsafe work conditions can lead to a personal injury suit.
- Assault – Any time another human injures you on purpose, the results can be jail time for the assailant as well as compensation for the injury caused to you.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Rely On
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned above or in any other way where another person or business was responsible, contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, the first thing on your mind is probably receiving the proper medical attention. That is the right priority. Is there anything else you should think about while you are waiting for medical services to arrive? Here are a couple of reminders.
- If you can, take pictures of the conditions that led to the injury. Was the floor wet? Was the wet floor sign placed in a way that obscured its view from the direction you were walking? Was there some old carpet that had become bunched up? Was there some broken walkway in need of repairs?
- Report the injury and how it occurred to the owner of the location (or a manager on duty). Also, you should report how the injury occurred to the medical professional who treats your injuries so that there is a record of how it happened. Finally, be sure to report the facts to a California personal injury attorney so you can attempt to get compensation for your medical bills and any other losses you may suffer as a result of the injury.
The Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is your source for representation in personal injury cases in southern California. We have the experienced attorneys you need when you are recovering from an injury, are burdened with medical bills, and may have missed work due to the injury. Call 619-344-0360 today in order to schedule a consultation.Read More