When someone is injured by a slip and fall, the owner of the property may be responsible for any damages that occur. Sometimes the damages can be extensive, leading to medical bills, missed workdays, or even long-term disability. Here are some of the factors that the final settlement should be based upon.
- The extent of the injuries – The more serious you are hurt in the fall, the greater the final settlement will be. If you don’t experience any loss, there is no case. Sometimes, people just fall and nothing is hurt but their pride. Lawsuits are for injuries.
- The total amount of the medical bills – The at-fault party should cover all of the medical expenses for your injury. This includes any expenses that are incurred because you had to go to an out-of-network physician.
- Any lost wages – Wages can be lost in two ways due to an injury. If you miss workdays, that’s a loss. This is true even if they were paid sick days because you had to use those days, which have value. Additionally, you may have lost future wages if you are unable to return to work or have to change your type of work due to the injuries.
- Personal impact – The settlement should include compensation for intangible losses such as ongoing pain or disability.
The Help You Need After an Injury in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury lawyers who can help you to deal with the insurance company after an injury. Call 619.344.0360 today and let us help you maximize your settlement.Read More
If you fall and get hurt in a store, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries. However, before you skip to the settlement, there are a few essential things to do. Here is a 5-step plan if you are ever injured in a retail store.
- Seek medical attention – If you have been injured by a slip and fall, call an ambulance. This is especially true if you have hit your head or think your neck or back may have experienced damage.
- Report the injury to the business – You will likely have to fill out an injury report. You can do this right away if your injuries are not life-threatening. Make sure you get a copy.
- Take photo or video evidence – Most of us carry a smartphone nowadays, so you should be able to document the scene of the injury and what caused the fall.
- Get follow-up medical care – Even if you don’t end up in the ER because your injuries are not life-threatening, you could still experience long-term health issues. Be sure to get the care you need in the coming days, weeks, or even months after the accident.
- Hire a personal injury attorney who practices in the state where your injury occurred.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm can help if you have experienced a slip and fall injury in southern California. Call us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started. We can help to maximize your settlement from the insurance company.Read More
A slip and fall injury can result in massive medical bills regardless of whether you are able to block your fall with your arms and legs or your head ends up striking the ground. When you have been injured due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity, you should receive compensation for your losses. Here are a few tips to help you get what you deserve.
- Go to the doctor – Without a diagnosis, you are unlikely to receive any compensation. Remember that the settlement should cover your medical bills, so don’t let the cost of medical care stop you from getting the help you need.
- Gather evidence – Photos of the scene and a copy of the accident report will help to build your case. Remember that you should track your medical bills, missed workdays, and other evidence that you experienced losses due to the injury.
- Contact a personal injury attorney – You are going to be dealing with an insurance company that wants to pay out as little as possible. They will try to get you to admit fault or may engage in other tactics to reduce or eliminate your settlement. A lawyer is necessary to maximize your compensation.
Get the Help You Need After a Slip and Fall Injury in California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced personal injury attorneys to help you with your case in southern California. Contact us today by calling our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 and let us help you get the settlement you deserve.Read More
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve compensation (no matter what an insurance company may try to tell you). Here are some myths surrounding personal injury cases so that you don’t miss out on the settlement you deserve.
- Myth 1: I Don’t Have a Case – Even minor injuries can lead to major medical bills or missed days of work. Plus, there can be emotional trauma or stress due to the injury. If there are monetary damages, you have a case.
- Myth 2: The Insurance Company Will Offer a Fair Settlement – The insurance company will offer you as little as they possibly can and will pressure you to take it.
- Myth 3: It Will Take Too Long to Get the Money – Most personal injury cases close within a year from the time the filing is complete. While that may seem like forever today, think of how long it will take you to recover from your losses if you do not receive a settlement or if you accept a lowball offer that doesn’t cover all of the damages.
- Myth 4: People Who File Lawsuits Are Greedy – It’s not greedy to receive fair compensation when you suffer losses due to someone else’s negligence. Yes, some people file frivolous lawsuits, but if you work with a reputable personal injury attorney, they will tell you honestly if you should pursue compensation or if your lawsuit is not legitimate.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured in southern California, contact Petrov Law Firm. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you to determine if you have a case. Call 619.344.0360 today to ensure you get the settlement you deserve.Read More
Whether you are in a car accident or you slip and fall, a head injury can cause post-concussion syndrome (PCS). The insidious thing about PCS is that you may not feel that bad after the accident. In fact, you may not even get diagnosed with a concussion if you don’t seek medical attention right away. How can you identify post-concussion syndrome in the days or even weeks following an injury? Here are some of the most common symptoms.
- Headaches – usually tension headaches that could also be related to a neck injury
- Vertigo or dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
- Memory or concentration problems
- Tinnitus – ringing in your ears
- Sensory sensitivities – especially to bright lights or loud sounds
- Blurry vision
The good news is that the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases in California is two years. So even if you discover long-term effects from your accident in the months that follow, you still have time to begin your case and receive compensation.
Of course, you will need to be examined by a doctor to determine if your injuries and symptoms are related to the accident. You can’t just diagnose yourself from a symptoms list. Be sure to track things like medical expenses and missed days of work.
Get the Help You Need for a Personal Injury Case in Southern California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help if you have been injured in an accident in the state of California. Contact our San Diego offices today by calling 619.344.0360, and we will help you to receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
There are many ways in which the negligence of a person or entity can result in injury to someone. If you have experienced such a personal injury, you are far from alone. What types of injuries may result in a personal injury settlement? Here are a few of the most common situations that arise in southern California.
- Motor vehicle accidents – These can include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, accidents with trucks, and cyclist or pedestrian injuries. The car insurance of the at-fault party should handle the claim, although sometimes there is shared fault involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether it happens in a store or on the sidewalk, someone may be responsible for the situation that led to the slip or trip. If the injury was caused by a public entity (i.e., you were injured on government property), time is of the essence because you only have six months for the time of the injury to make your claim.
- Dog bites – Unless you were trespassing on private property or committing some other type of crime, a dog bite is just about always the fault of the owner. Fortunately, homeowners, renters, and other forms of insurance often cover this type of injury.
Of course, injuries can occur in many other ways. There are work injuries, product defects, medical malpractice, assault, and other common issues that lead to personal harm.
Get Help Making Your Personal Injury Claim in San Diego
There are varying personal injury laws from state to state. If you have been injured in southern California, Petrov Law Firm can help. Call 619.344.0360 today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the state of California, the responsible party should be providing due compensation. What are four factors that will impact the amount of compensation you receive? Here is what you need to know.
- Injuries – The extent of your injuries will play a major role in the amount of the final settlement. You can’t expect the receive the same compensation for a scraped knee as you would receive if you were left with a permanent disability.
- Medical Bills – All of your medical expenses should be covered, even if you had to go out of network to receive care and your health insurance won’t cover it.
- Lost Wages –If you missed days of work or if you are unable to continue at your job because of your injuries, all of your current and future lost wages should be considered.
- Personal Impact – A serious injury can have a bearing on your quality of life from here forward. You should also be compensated for the pain and suffering that will be ongoing. From chronic pain to loss of the ability to enjoy a hobby, there are many ways in which your life could be altered due to a slip and fall accident.
Getting the Help You Need in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to receive a fair settlement for your slip and fall case. Don’t deal with an insurance company on your own. Call 619.344.0360 today and get what you truly deserve.Read More
A slip and fall injury often results in a settlement covering medical costs and other losses. However, whether you receive a settlement (and how much) may depend on avoiding the two most common mistakes. Here they are so that you can handle your case the right way and get the compensation you deserve.
- Mistake 1: Letting the statute of limitations expire – In California, you get two years to make a personal injury claim. That gets cut down to six months if it happens on government property. Be sure to start your suit in time so that you don’t miss out on a potential claim.
- Mistake 2: Not hiring an experienced personal injury attorney – You don’t want to go up against an insurance company alone. They thrive on paying out as little as possible to get people to walk away from what they really deserve. You also want an attorney who specifically has experience in slip and fall cases. You can’t just walk into any legal office and get the assistance you need to maximize a settlement.
Get the Help You Need for Your California Slip and Fall Injury Claim
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have experienced an injury due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360. Once we discuss the particulars of the case, we can help you to receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
A slip and fall accident can cause injuries to the legs, arms, or even the face and head. How can you get the settlement you need in order to pay the tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, not to mention making up for any missed work? Here are three tips to help you maximize your payout.
- See a doctor – Without medically documented injuries, you are unlikely to receive anything in a settlement. You have to be able to prove that there are damages in connection with the injury.
- Gather proof – There are many things that can serve as proof in your personal injury case. Take pictures at the scene of the accident if possible. If they are time-stamped with the location embedded, that’s even better. Get a copy of the accident or injury report you filled out at the scene. Gather any medical bills or other expenses you have receipts for that relate to the injury.
- Call Petrov Law Firm – You want to an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner when dealing with an insurance company, which is just about always the case when a slip and fall injury occurs.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, you can find the help you need at Petrov Law Firm. Call 619.344.0360 to get in touch with our experienced team and get started on your personal injury case today. We’re here to help when you need it most!Read More
There are three important things that you have to do if you have been injured by a slip and fall accident. Taking these crucial steps will help you to get the settlement you need to cover your losses due to the injury.
- Step 1: Get the medical help you need – Your health should be your top priority after an injury. While step two is important, if you are seriously injured, getting care has to come before gathering evidence.
- Step 2: Document the incident – Hopefully, you or someone who was with you at the scene of the accident was able to take some pictures as evidence. Also, the place where you were injured should have had you fill out some sort of accident report. You should have received a copy of that.
- Step 3: Hire an experienced personal injury attorney right away – The fact is that companies will use the statute of limitations to their advantage to try and force you into taking a settlement that is way less than what you deserve. Going to a professional right away can give you the leverage you need when trying to get a fair settlement to cover your medical expenses and other direct and indirect losses.
Hire the Personal Injury Attorneys Southern California Can Rely On
Petrov Law Firm has the experience you want in your corner when working toward a personal injury settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started today!Read More