There are three important things that you have to do if you have been injured by a slip and fall accident. Taking these crucial steps will help you to get the settlement you need to cover your losses due to the injury.
- Step 1: Get the medical help you need – Your health should be your top priority after an injury. While step two is important, if you are seriously injured, getting care has to come before gathering evidence.
- Step 2: Document the incident – Hopefully, you or someone who was with you at the scene of the accident was able to take some pictures as evidence. Also, the place where you were injured should have had you fill out some sort of accident report. You should have received a copy of that.
- Step 3: Hire an experienced personal injury attorney right away – The fact is that companies will use the statute of limitations to their advantage to try and force you into taking a settlement that is way less than what you deserve. Going to a professional right away can give you the leverage you need when trying to get a fair settlement to cover your medical expenses and other direct and indirect losses.
Hire the Personal Injury Attorneys Southern California Can Rely On
Petrov Law Firm has the experience you want in your corner when working toward a personal injury settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started today!Read More
When you experience an injury and it is someone else’s fault, you want help getting the compensation that you deserve. After all, compensation is usually going to come from an insurance company with an attorney whose one job is to make sure they pay out as little as possible. What are some of the more common personal injury cases in California, and why should you hire an experienced attorney?
- Slip and fall injuries – Getting your case going well before the statute of limitations is up is the first important step when it comes to a slip and fall accident. Now is the time to start gathering evidence so as to negotiate a settlement.
- Dog bites – Insurance companies payout money on a daily basis for dog bites that occur all across the country. If someone else’s dog has attacked you without provocation, you should at least receive compensation for any medical bills that you incur as a result of the attack.
- Car accidents – As more cars get back on the road, you can expect to see the number of accidents and injuries on the rise again. The COVID-19 pandemic didn’t stop people from driving recklessly, distracted, or just too fast. California is a fault state, so if it is the other driver’s fault, their insurance should be paying out.
Personal Injury Attorneys with Experience in San Diego
If you have sustained a personal injury in these or other ways, you need the help of experienced attorneys to maximize your settlement. Petrov Law Firm is here to help residents of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista. Call 619.344.0360 to get started right away.Read More
Riding your bike can be a great way to get exercise or even to beat traffic on your way to work. However, if you are riding your bike around southern California, there are a couple of things that you will want to do to improve your chances at avoiding an injury, especially when so many drivers are distracted and fail to pay attention to other drivers, let alone cyclists. Besides wearing a helmet and other protective gear, here are two more things to consider.
- Be especially careful of cars making right-hand turns – When a driver is turning right, they usually have the right of way. However, it also means crossing a bike lane in many cases. Some drivers fail to check for cyclists before turning. This can be particularly true when waiting at a red light. If you both start to go when the light changes, that would be especially dangerous.
- Proper lighting makes you visible – California law requires certain lights or reflectors on all bikes in the state. However, you can increase your visibility to drivers and improve your safety by going beyond what the law requires. Front and rear lights in the daytime and at night, along with signal lights, can help you alert drivers to your presence.
Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in an accident with a motor vehicle while riding your bike, call 619.344.0360 to get in touch with the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We help California residents get the settlements they deserve.Read More
A slip and fall injury can take place at any time when there is a hazard or negligence involved. What are the most common injuries a person will sustain in this type of accident, and how do the injuries occur?
- Hand and arm injuries – From scrapped palms to a fractured wrist, the hands and arms are locations for some of the most common slip and fall injuries. It is only natural to put your hands out to catch yourself if you suddenly fall, and this can prevent even more serious injuries. Unfortunately, setting a bone isn’t cheaper just because it is in the hand or arm.
- Injured knees – A slight trip may just result in falling down on one or both knees. However, this can still do a lot of damage. While the exterior results may be no more than a skinned knee, on the inside, there may be damage to bones, cartilage, or even connective tissue like ligaments and tendons.
- Facial injuries – The worst injuries often occur when a fall happens out of the blue, and the person can’t get their hands out in front of them in time. Face injuries may include a broken nose, lost or chipped teeth, broken bones, and other damage.
Southern California’s Slip and Fall Injury Experts
Petrov Law Firm is here to help if you have been injured in this way. Get in touch with our experienced personal injury attorneys today by calling 619.344.0360 to start working on a settlement right away.Read More
You may be leaving the house less often than usual, but that doesn’t make you immune to a slip and fall injury. Employees are busy. Stores are taking extra precautions with cleaning. We encourage that. However, it’s not an excuse for negligent practices.
For example, if a floor is freshly mopped and left soapy and wet without a warning sign, it could easily lead to an injury. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that is due to negligence on the store owner or employees, here are a couple of important tips.
- You need a lawyer – Insurance companies will sometimes offer a settlement when they know their client is in the wrong. Hopefully, you realize that 99 times out of 100, the offer is dreadfully low and just an attempt to keep you from seeking legal counsel. Don’t sign anything before speaking with an experienced attorney.
- There is a statute of limitations – Coronavirus may lead to putting things off. That’s a bad idea when it comes to a personal injury suit. As the statute of limitations gets closer, the insurance company will have more leverage. You want to begin the procedure as soon as possible to encourage a larger settlement.
San Diego’s Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers
If you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to help with your slip and fall case, Petrov Law Firm is here for you. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an attorney and get the help you need.Read More
Depending on the state that you live in, there can be varying laws that determine the statute of limitations for a personal injury case. For example, here in California, the statute of limitations on personal injury depends on the damages you want to pursue, how they were caused, and by who. Here are a few examples:
- When you experience an injury – You have two years to make a personal injury claim to receive compensation for things like medical bills. So be sure to start your case as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve.
- When your property is damaged – If your claim involves property damage but no injury to yourself, then you get a third year. Remember, though, that you are likely to get better results if you start on your claim sooner rather than later.
- When the at-fault party is a government agency – Now time is really of the essence. You only have six months to bring a claim against a government agency. So be sure to hire a personal injury attorney to get started right away if a government agency is at fault for your losses.
Personal Injury Attorney in Southern California
If you have experienced a personal injury in California, the sooner you get the assistance of an attorney, the better. You can call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to get your case started now. Our experienced lawyers are here to help you get the compensation that you deserve.Read More
From car accidents to slip and fall injuries, there are many things that result in a personal injury claim. We are going to look at four types of compensation that you may be entitled to if you have been injured due to the fault or negligence of another person.
- Medical costs – Be sure to track all of your medical expenses. These should be covered by the responsible party.
- Property damage – The classic scenario would be a car accident. In this case, your car is the property that is damaged in the accident, and the repairs should be covered by the at-fault party.
- Lost wages – If you miss work due to the injury or you are no longer able to work, you may receive compensation both for present and future wages that have been lost.
- Pain and suffering – Any additional pain and suffering that you experience as a result of the injury is handled together in this category. It includes things like emotional damages that you have experienced as a result of the accident or injury. In general, the largest part of the settlement covers this category because these are factors that it is difficult to put a price tag on.
Southern California Personal Injury Attorneys
When working on a personal injury settlement, you are usually communicating with a stingy insurance company. Don’t sign anything without the help of a personal injury attorney. Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More
In times of emergency, it is vital for doctors and staff to be able to practice freely without concerns over lawsuits. As a result, The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has extended liability protection in the medical field during the COVID-19 outbreak. For example, everyone from doctors and pharmaceutical makers to suppliers and distributors will face a reduced risk of liability during the pandemic.
As of now, California has not passed any additional legislation to protect the medical field. However, in New York, where the outbreak is currently the worst in the nation, the governor has also extended immunity for healthcare professionals and their assistants. But even in this case, injury or death that results from “gross negligence of the medical professional” is not covered.
Therefore, there are still situations where a medical malpractice suit may occur due to COVID-19. However, it is important not to be frivolous with claims at this time because it is vital for the attention of medical professionals to be focused solely on helping with this public health crisis.
But what if you or a loved one is a victim of medical malpractice in the meantime?
We Will Be Here When the Time Is Right
Petrov Law Firm is here to provide compassionate assistance for families who are victimized by personal injury or wrongful death cases. We can help you to maximize your settlement and receive what you deserve for your losses. To learn more, give us a call today at 619.344.0360.Read More
California drivers need to watch out for distractions. Not only can they lead to dangerous accidents, but even if you manage to avoid an accident while driving distracted, you could still get a ticket if you are breaking the law. For example, California has a number of regulations regarding smartphone use while driving. Here are some tips to help you avoid smartphone distractions while you are behind the wheel.
- Turn it off/silence your phone – If you don’t know messages or calls are coming in, you won’t be tempted to look at your phone until you reach your destination.
- Have your passenger navigate – If you need to use GPS, make sure you have the volume up so you don’t have to look at the phone. If you have a passenger, let them be the navigator.
- Use hands-free or Bluetooth – If you are 18 and over, you can still make calls in a hands-free manner. If your car has Bluetooth, this feature can allow you to reduce distraction and obey the law. If you are under 18, you can’t use a smartphone for any reason while driving, even hands-free, so don’t even bother connecting your phone to the car’s Bluetooth. Refer to the first suggestion on our list.
Car Accident Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been in an automobile accident, especially if the other driver was distracted, you may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills and other losses. Contact Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to get in touch with an experienced personal injury attorney today.Read More
You have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s fault or negligence. Now you see medical bills adding up. This can ruin you financially. What can you do about it? Here are some tips to help you seek the compensation that you deserve for your losses.
- Keep track of all medical bills related to the incident. If someone else was at fault, you might be able to receive compensation through their insurance.
- Don’t sign anything without a lawyer. You may be taking a settlement that won’t even cover your basic expenses. A personal injury attorney can help you understand what you actually deserve.
- Medical bills are not your only loss, so don’t settle for the exact amount of your healthcare costs alone. You may have missed time from work, experienced material loss, or endured additional pain and suffering that you should be compensated for.
- Remember that you can see any doctor you want. You don’t have to stick to in-network doctors to receive compensation. Get the best care you can.
- Be prepared to go to court. While the best option is to seek a settlement, some insurance companies can be unreasonable. In such situations, you may need to go to court to get the compensation you truly deserve. Fortunately, most insurance companies are reasonable once they see you have taken the step of hiring an attorney.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego
To get your case started today, call 619.344.0360 and speak with a personal injury lawyer at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to know the next step to take to receive the reimbursement you need and deserve.Read More