A slip and fall injury can result in massive medical bills regardless of whether you are able to block your fall with your arms and legs or your head ends up striking the ground. When you have been injured due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity, you should receive compensation for your losses. Here are a few tips to help you get what you deserve.
- Go to the doctor – Without a diagnosis, you are unlikely to receive any compensation. Remember that the settlement should cover your medical bills, so don’t let the cost of medical care stop you from getting the help you need.
- Gather evidence – Photos of the scene and a copy of the accident report will help to build your case. Remember that you should track your medical bills, missed workdays, and other evidence that you experienced losses due to the injury.
- Contact a personal injury attorney – You are going to be dealing with an insurance company that wants to pay out as little as possible. They will try to get you to admit fault or may engage in other tactics to reduce or eliminate your settlement. A lawyer is necessary to maximize your compensation.
Get the Help You Need After a Slip and Fall Injury in California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced personal injury attorneys to help you with your case in southern California. Contact us today by calling our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 and let us help you get the settlement you deserve.Read More
If you have been struck and injured by a car while riding your bike, you may be eligible for compensation from the driver’s insurance. Since California is a tort state, the amount of compensation you are due is related to who was at fault. With that in mind, don’t fall for these myths regarding bicycle accidents.
- Myth: Bicycle accidents are usually the cyclist’s fault – This is not necessarily true. Each accident has its own facts, and many car accidents involving bicycles are related to driver distraction rather than an indiscretion on the part of the cyclist.
- Myth: If you are partially to blame, you get nothing – In California, fault can be apportioned to each driver or cyclist in the accident. A percentage is assigned to determine who should be held accountable. So even if you bear some of the fault for the accident, you should still receive compensation for a percentage of your losses.
- Myth: Bicycles belong on the sidewalk – Not only is this not true, but it is also dangerous to ride on the sidewalk. You would be at fault if you were to injure a pedestrian. When there is no bicycle lane, you should be riding on the street and following normal traffic laws.
San Diego’s Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys to assist you after a bicycle accident injury. Get in touch today by giving us a call at 619.344.0360, and find out how we can help you to maximize your settlement.Read More
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve compensation (no matter what an insurance company may try to tell you). Here are some myths surrounding personal injury cases so that you don’t miss out on the settlement you deserve.
- Myth 1: I Don’t Have a Case – Even minor injuries can lead to major medical bills or missed days of work. Plus, there can be emotional trauma or stress due to the injury. If there are monetary damages, you have a case.
- Myth 2: The Insurance Company Will Offer a Fair Settlement – The insurance company will offer you as little as they possibly can and will pressure you to take it.
- Myth 3: It Will Take Too Long to Get the Money – Most personal injury cases close within a year from the time the filing is complete. While that may seem like forever today, think of how long it will take you to recover from your losses if you do not receive a settlement or if you accept a lowball offer that doesn’t cover all of the damages.
- Myth 4: People Who File Lawsuits Are Greedy – It’s not greedy to receive fair compensation when you suffer losses due to someone else’s negligence. Yes, some people file frivolous lawsuits, but if you work with a reputable personal injury attorney, they will tell you honestly if you should pursue compensation or if your lawsuit is not legitimate.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured in southern California, contact Petrov Law Firm. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you to determine if you have a case. Call 619.344.0360 today to ensure you get the settlement you deserve.Read More
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize your settlement, and that is usually a person’s purpose in seeking out legal counsel after an accident. However, your personal injury attorney can handle a lot of other steps on the path to the settlement. Here are a few of the things you get when you hire a personal injury lawyer for your case.
- Learn your legal rights – Every state is unique when it comes to personal injury cases, so a local attorney can help you to understand your rights.
- Go over the particulars of your case – Do you qualify for compensation? What types of compensation should be considered in the settlement?
- Be a go-between with the insurance company – The insurance company is going to try and get you to say something that will get them out of having to pay anything at all. Having a lawyer be a go-between ensures you never have to speak to an insurance agent who might otherwise trick you into saying something that hurts your case.
- Investigate and advise – Your lawyer will help investigate the case and will advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Go over the settlement – When you receive an offer, an attorney can help you to review it to make sure you do not agree to something detrimental to you. A lowball settlement can be renegotiated based on the facts of the case.
Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer in California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced injury attorneys you can trust in San Diego. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get all the help you need for your case.Read More
There are many ways in which the negligence of a person or entity can result in injury to someone. If you have experienced such a personal injury, you are far from alone. What types of injuries may result in a personal injury settlement? Here are a few of the most common situations that arise in southern California.
- Motor vehicle accidents – These can include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, accidents with trucks, and cyclist or pedestrian injuries. The car insurance of the at-fault party should handle the claim, although sometimes there is shared fault involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether it happens in a store or on the sidewalk, someone may be responsible for the situation that led to the slip or trip. If the injury was caused by a public entity (i.e., you were injured on government property), time is of the essence because you only have six months for the time of the injury to make your claim.
- Dog bites – Unless you were trespassing on private property or committing some other type of crime, a dog bite is just about always the fault of the owner. Fortunately, homeowners, renters, and other forms of insurance often cover this type of injury.
Of course, injuries can occur in many other ways. There are work injuries, product defects, medical malpractice, assault, and other common issues that lead to personal harm.
Get Help Making Your Personal Injury Claim in San Diego
There are varying personal injury laws from state to state. If you have been injured in southern California, Petrov Law Firm can help. Call 619.344.0360 today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.Read More
Every year, motorcyclists lose their lives on California roads, and many more are injured. To protect yourself, please follow these vital safety recommendations.
- Never get on your bike under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Focus on visibility – Many motorcycle accidents involve vehicle drivers who claim to have not seen the cyclist. Use your lights, wear something reflective, and use extreme caution when lane splitting.
- Know your limits – Even the most experienced motorcyclist can be involved in an accident. The odds increase exponentially when a rider is doing something beyond their ability level. Follow the laws of the road (especially the speed limit), and never attempt to perform tricks at high speeds or in traffic.
- Wear the right gear – If you are involved in an accident, a helmet can save your life. Make sure you are wearing long sleeves and pants. Use fabrics that can protect you from the road if you are knocked from the bike at high speeds.
- Don’t trust drivers – Always assume that they are too distracted to see you. The fact of the matter is that when a motorcycle gets into an accident with a car or another vehicle – regardless of who was at fault – the person on the motorcycle is going to be on the losing end of the crash.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident Injury
The most important thing is to get the medical assistance you require. Next, call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you to maximize the settlement you receive so that you can pay those expensive medical bills and receive other compensation that you are due.Read More
The fact of the matter is that insurance adjusters are always going to be nice to your face or on the phone. It’s part of their job, and many of them are decent people. However, another part of their job is to pay out as little as possible so that the insurance company is profitable.
Therefore, you can’t trust an insurance company to make you a fair offer. Here are a few tricks an insurance company may use to reduce how much they pay out.
- Delays – If the insurance company stalls, you may see the medical bills and other expenses increase and become desperate. Then you will be tempted to accept a lower settlement. Remember that delaying tactics and low first offers are all part of the game insurance companies play to hold onto their money.
- Requests – If the insurance company is asking you to do things that seem like their job, you’re probably right. The idea is to make things so difficult on the person trying to make a claim that a percentage of people will just give up. Every payout that doesn’t happen is a big win for the insurance company.
- Pressure – Telling you this is the only offer you are going to get, it’s a good offer, they are taking care of you, and you’ll end up with nothing if you don’t sign this right now are high-pressure tactics to make you take less than you deserve.
Don’t Sign Anything Until You Speak with a Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in California, Petrov Law Firm can be an ally in seeking compensation from an insurance company. Get in touch with an experienced personal injury lawyer now by calling 619.344.0360.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the state of California, the responsible party should be providing due compensation. What are four factors that will impact the amount of compensation you receive? Here is what you need to know.
- Injuries – The extent of your injuries will play a major role in the amount of the final settlement. You can’t expect the receive the same compensation for a scraped knee as you would receive if you were left with a permanent disability.
- Medical Bills – All of your medical expenses should be covered, even if you had to go out of network to receive care and your health insurance won’t cover it.
- Lost Wages –If you missed days of work or if you are unable to continue at your job because of your injuries, all of your current and future lost wages should be considered.
- Personal Impact – A serious injury can have a bearing on your quality of life from here forward. You should also be compensated for the pain and suffering that will be ongoing. From chronic pain to loss of the ability to enjoy a hobby, there are many ways in which your life could be altered due to a slip and fall accident.
Getting the Help You Need in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to receive a fair settlement for your slip and fall case. Don’t deal with an insurance company on your own. Call 619.344.0360 today and get what you truly deserve.Read More
When a pedestrian is knocked down by a moving vehicle, the results can be quite serious. What are some of the contributing factors to this type of accident? Here are five of the most common reasons that a pedestrian is involved in an accident with a motor vehicle.
- Reduced visibility – Dawn, dusk, night, rain, or any other conditions that reduce visibility can make it more difficult for a driver to see a pedestrian.
- Driving distracted – Between phones and the many other distractions that are available to drivers, you are probably not surprised to see this on the list.
- Poor infrastructure – A lack of crosswalks, pedestrian lights, and other safety features may lead to more accidents and injuries. In general, poorly laid out roadways can lead to more danger for walkers.
- Drug and alcohol abuse – Drivers who are under the influence are far more likely to strike a pedestrian with their vehicle. A DUI is a common occurrence when a pedestrian accident occurs.
- Quieter vehicles – Hybrid and electric vehicles make far less noise. As a result, a pedestrian who is not constantly aware of their surroundings may step in front of a car without noticing it.
If You Have Been Injured in a Pedestrian Accident in California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego have the experience you want in your corner when trying to reach a settlement in a pedestrian accident case. Don’t expect an insurance company to give you a fair shake, no matter how nice they may seem on the phone. Call 619.344.0360 today to get the assistance you need.Read More
If you have been injured while in a store, you need to take the right steps in order to receive the proper medical care and to be fairly compensated.
- Call for immediate help if needed. If you don’t think a 911 call is warranted, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure there was no underlying damage that occurred.
- Collect evidence from the scene. This means taking pictures or videos of the site. You also want to get contact information for any eyewitnesses.
- Speak with an employee. You will likely have to fill out an accident report outlining what occurred. Be sure to ask for a copy.
- Track your medical expenses. You can also track lost workdays or other expenses that are related to the injury.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. When you experience an injury that occurs on a store’s property, you are likely going to be dealing with an insurance company. The insurance company’s goal is to pay out as little as possible, so don’t sign anything or accept a settlement without seeking counsel for yourself.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If your injury occurred in southern California, Petrov Law Firm is here to help. Call our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you get what you deserve from an insurance company. Don’t let the corporate suits push you around! Petrov Law Firm is here to help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.Read More