A slip and fall accident can cause injuries to the legs, arms, or even the face and head. How can you get the settlement you need in order to pay the tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, not to mention making up for any missed work? Here are three tips to help you maximize your payout.
- See a doctor – Without medically documented injuries, you are unlikely to receive anything in a settlement. You have to be able to prove that there are damages in connection with the injury.
- Gather proof – There are many things that can serve as proof in your personal injury case. Take pictures at the scene of the accident if possible. If they are time-stamped with the location embedded, that’s even better. Get a copy of the accident or injury report you filled out at the scene. Gather any medical bills or other expenses you have receipts for that relate to the injury.
- Call Petrov Law Firm – You want to an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner when dealing with an insurance company, which is just about always the case when a slip and fall injury occurs.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, you can find the help you need at Petrov Law Firm. Call 619.344.0360 to get in touch with our experienced team and get started on your personal injury case today. We’re here to help when you need it most!Read More
When a pedestrian is involved in an accident and is injured because of a driver, the injuries may be very serious. Today, we will debunk a few myths regarding pedestrian injuries so that you don’t end up accepting a settlement that is too low.
- Myth 1: The vehicle has to make contact to get compensation. This one isn’t true at all. If you get hurt diving out of the way of a driver, you are not penalized for your quick reflexes. The driver is still on the hook for forcing you to dive and hurt yourself, and the insurance company should know this. Don’t let them cheat you.
- Myth 2: Only high-speed collisions cause serious injury. The driver is in a car, and you are not. The driver may not experience serious injuries at speeds of 5 mph, but you could have broken bones, a concussion, or other injuries. Be sure to get checked by a doctor, even if you can get up and walk away from the incident. Not all injuries are visible immediately.
- Myth 3: You can’t afford an attorney. It’s more like you can’t afford not to have one! A personal injury lawyer is the only one on your side when an accident like this occurs. The insurance company is going to want to pay out as little as possible, or nothing at all if they can get away with it.
Get the Help You Need as an Injured Pedestrian in Southern California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to maximize your settlement. Let us help you get what you deserve from a greedy insurance company. Call 619.344.0360 and start your case now.Read More
Imagine this scenario. You hurt your back at work years ago and have sought treatment from doctors and chiropractors. Now, you get into a car accident, and your back is worse than ever. What will this mean for your settlement? Is it going to be less because you had a preexisting condition?
That shouldn’t be the case, especially if the injury occurs in California. Here is a trick that insurance companies or lawyers try to pull along with the regulations that California has put in place to block it.
The “Eggshell Plaintiff” Approach
Eggshells are fragile and break easily. If you have a preexisting condition, the defense may claim you are an eggshell plaintiff. In other words, they argue your preexisting condition could be the real reason you got hurt or that you are just more prone to injury than others. Here’s an example.
Let’s say that you injured your neck skiing a few years ago. Now, you get whiplash in a car accident. The insurance company offers a lowball settlement claiming that you were already injured or that maybe you injure easily and that’s why your neck has been hurt multiple times.
California doesn’t allow this type of reasoning and has demonstrated this in previous rulings. Thus, a personal injury attorney can go to bat for you and remind the insurance company they can’t make claims based on preexisting conditions or the idea that certain people are just more susceptible to injury.
The San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys for You
Petrov Law Firm has the experience to help you maximize settlements or win your case in court if need be. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started right away.Read More
A personal injury case involves damages due to negligence or intent of an individual, property owner, dog owner, or the like. You may experience a car accident, a slip and fall, a bite, or some other type of injury that leads to material loss. Here are some crucial pieces of information that your personal injury attorney will need in order to maximize your settlement.
- How it happened – If the injury was your own fault, it is unlikely you are due any compensation. However, if an individual, business, or public entity was responsible, then you should be able to receive compensation.
- Proof of the damages – Did you fill out an accident report, take pictures of the scene, or are there any eyewitnesses to the event? The more evidence you have, the more likely it is that an appropriate settlement can be reached.
- Direct and indirect losses – You can’t sue if you didn’t lose anything. Losses include medical bills, missed days of work, lack of ability to work, emotional turmoil, and the like. Be sure to track all of your medical expenses, regardless of whether something was covered by insurance or not.
Finding the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here to help you with your California personal injury case. Contact us right away to get your settlement as soon as possible. Just call 619.344.0360 today and schedule a consultation to see if you are eligible to receive compensation.Read More
Injuries happen every day. If you have been injured in southern California, what are the first three things to consider?
- Get the medical assistance you require – In the wake of an injury, it is crucial to seek medical attention immediately. The doctors may notice damage that otherwise would not come to the surface until later on, but early treatment could be crucial to avoiding long-term damage. So even when the injuries do not seem life-threatening, you should still call your doctor right away for an exam.
- Determine who was at fault – How did the injury occur? Whether it was a car accident, a dog bite, or a slip and fall, there is usually a negligent party who needs to be held responsible for any losses that you experience as a result of the injury. Hopefully, you can get some photographic evidence at the scene, but if you were seriously injured, this might not have been possible. In this case, you will want to look for eyewitnesses or other forms of evidence of what happened.
- Get an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side – In most cases, an insurance company pays for a personal injury claim. So it is you against a big greedy corporation to get what you deserve. Therefore, you should get the help of a personal injury attorney so that you have someone fighting for you.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that can help you maximize your settlement. Get the compensation that you deserve from the insurance company. Call 619.344.0360 today to get started!Read More
When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses due to the injury. Because the laws regarding personal injuries are so specific, the best way to maximize your settlement is to find an attorney with experience in the precise type of personal injury case you are pursuing.
Here are some examples of personal injury cases so you can hire the right attorney to meet your personal circumstances.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – This doesn’t always mean that you were a driver or a passenger. You may be a pedestrian or a cyclist injured by a driver. Plus, a motor vehicle accident is not the same thing as just saying “car accident.” You could also be involved with a tractor-trailer or a motorcycle. There are many ways that motor vehicle accidents can lead to injuries.
- Animal attacks – Dog bites, in particular, are common in California. Each state has its own laws regarding animal attacks when a pet is involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether the accident occurred in a private home, at a business, or at a public entity (for example, a government building), you need an experienced attorney to help you build a case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in any of these ways in southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced attorneys that you want on your side. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started immediately.Read More
There is more to safe cycling than just paying attention to drivers. Here are some of the things that a cyclist needs to pay attention to in order to protect yourself and others. There are also California state laws, so be sure you don’t end up with a citation.
- Always wear your helmet – For adults, this is strictly for safety, but for those under the age of 18, it’s the law (even if you’re just a passenger).
- Don’t use your cell phone while riding – There are no laws against this like there are when driving a car. However, you can just as easily get into an accident if you are distracted while riding your bike.
- Don’t wear headsets or earbuds – You need to be able to hear what is going on around you. For example, a driver may honk to warn you if you start to drift out of the bike lane. If you want to listen to music, that’s okay. But you can only have one earpiece in legally.
- Watch out for pedestrians – Make sure you always yield the right of way to pedestrians, especially in a crosswalk when it is the law. You also have to be on the lookout for blind pedestrians who may be using a white cane or being led by a canine.
- Don’t block pedestrian walkways when you park
Cyclist and Pedestrian Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
At Petrov Law Firm, we have experience representing pedestrians and cyclists when it comes to accidents and injuries. Call 619.344.0360, so we can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from the insurance company.Read More
Car accidents often result in injuries as well as property damage. How can you be sure that you are getting a fair settlement from the auto insurance company? First of all, don’t fall for these three myths:
- Myth 1: The Insurance Company Will Offer You a Fair Settlement – Insurance companies are businesses, not philanthropists. They will offer you the bare minimum to get you to walk away, so they don’t have to pay what you really deserve. The first offer is never fair. It’s just business.
- Myth 2: I Don’t Need an Attorney – First of all, myth number one helped debunk the idea that the insurance company is on your side. If you also decide to forgo having a lawyer, then you are truly on your own and are unlikely to get a fair settlement.
- Myth 3: Any Attorney Can Help Me Get a Good Settlement – Traffic laws are always changing, so you need an attorney who is experienced with traffic law. You also want an attorney who is used to going up against insurance companies. Finally, you want a lawyer who knows the laws in your particular state since these regulations can vary greatly.
Southern California Car Accident Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a car accident in southern California, then you want the experience of Petrov Law Firm in your corner. Our personal injury attorneys can help you to maximize your settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started.Read More
After an accident that results in property damage or personal injury, an insurance adjuster will need to evaluate your claim. Even if the adjuster is from your insurance company or if they seem very friendly, don’t make the mistake of thinking this person is on your side. Their career depends on paying out as little as possible. Here are three things an insurance adjuster may do to try and reduce the compensation you receive.
- Delay your case – The longer you go without compensation, the more desperate you may become. When the adjuster comes back with a low-ball settlement, you may take it, thinking that you simply can’t wait any longer.
- Ask for ridiculous information – Sometimes, an adjuster may request things that are not even necessary just to make it as difficult as possible for you. If you give up, then the payout is zero, and that makes the insurance company very happy.
- Requesting a recorded statement – Don’t do this. Once you’re on record, the adjuster can twist your words any way they see fit to cheat you out of what you deserve. If your adjuster is acting sneaky, don’t talk with them at all. Leave all the communications up to your lawyer.
Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust in San Diego
Hiring a personal injury attorney lets the insurance company know that you mean business about getting a legitimate settlement. Petrov Law Firm in San Diego is here to help with your injury settlement in southern California. Call 619.344.0360 to get started today.03Read More
If you trip and fall on the sidewalk, in a store, or anywhere else, there is always the potential for injury. The fact is that most people will put their arms out to protect themselves from a fall. Therefore, the first type of injury you should be on the lookout for is in your hands and arms.
While a broken bone will probably be immediately noticeable, sometimes a hairline fracture can occur. You may feel an ache in the injured bone following the accident. Don’t ignore the pain. It is worth it to get the injury checked out to make sure that there isn’t any severe damage. Remember that the property owner (likely by means of their insurance) should be expected to cover the medical expenses if the accident was due to negligence on the part of the owner, business, or an employee.
At other times, you may not fall hard enough to need to put your hands out. You may simply land on your knees. While scratches are going to be immediately noticeable, you may not identify underlying damage to the knee until later. Again, it is better to get checked out immediately so that unseen damage doesn’t have time to fester and grow worse.
Personal Injury Attorneys in California
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that you want in your corner if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident. Put our experience to work for you so you can maximize your settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to get started right away.Read More