A pre-existing condition can have an impact on a personal injury lawsuit. However, you can minimize the impact by doing a couple of simple things. Here are the two ways to ensure your pre-existing condition helps your case rather than hurting it:
- Don’t try to hide it – The fact that you have a pre-existing condition is going to come out. Trying to hide it is always going to hurt you. It makes it look like you have something to hide. That’s going to make it tougher to get a settlement, and it certainly can prejudice a jury against you should the case go to trial.
- Have your doctor compare your medical records – For example, if you suffer a neck injury in a car accident, but you already have a history of neck pain, there should be x-rays from both before and after the accident for a medical professional to compare. This can show that, regardless of whether you already had neck problems, the car accident made the issues worse. In this way, a pre-existing condition may be able to help make your case rather than being a hindrance.
Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista
If you have suffered an injury in southern California, regardless of whether you have a pre-existing health condition, contact the professional personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm. From our convenient office locations in San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista, we can help you to maximize your settlement. Call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More
If you want to get your personal injury case started right, you need to know how different injury causes impact a possible case. Here are a few common personal injury causes and a little information to get you started.
- Car accident – Determining fault is important in a car accident case. Since California is a vault state, the percent of fault assigned to each party determines the amount of your losses you are able to recover.
- Dog bites – If you are injured by a dog who is owned by someone else, you may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills and other losses. You have to show that the owner was negligent in some way, either in how the dog acted in public or when you were legally in a private location.
- Slip and fall injury – For this type of claim, there has to be some proof that the property owner is at fault either due to causing the circumstances that led to the fall or being negligent in correcting an existing problem.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you are in need of a personal injury attorney in southern California, give the pros at Petrov Law Firm a call. We can help you to calculate a reasonable settlement properly and work on your behalf to get an insurance company to pay what you deserve. We specialize in car accidents, dog bites, slip and fall injuries, and wrongful death cases. Give us a call at 619-344-0360 to get your case started today.Read More
When someone suffers an injury and seeks the help of a personal injury attorney, knowing what facts to share with your lawyer can be confusing. Here are the three most important things that we need to know in order to help you determine if you have a legitimate case.
- How did the injury occur? – Whether you suffered an injury in a car accident or were attacked by someone’s dog, you may be due compensation. While the cause of the injury doesn’t automatically guarantee a settlement, it points us in the right direction for what other information is needed.
- When did the injury occur? – The statute of limitations is different depending on the type of injury and even the owner of the property. Therefore, it is important to seek legal assistance as soon as you can following an injury. However, it never hurts to ask, even if the injury occurred some time ago.
- Who is at fault? – If you run a red light and hit someone or get bit by your own dog, you are not going to receive compensation from someone else. You need to determine who was at fault in your injury.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you need a personal injury attorney in the San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista areas, then Petrov Law Firm is the one to call. Our lawyers can help you to determine if you have a case and estimate the compensation you deserve to receive. Call us today at 619-344-0360.Read More
Millions of dog bites occur every year across America. While there are many other more present dangers, you still want to remind your family of how to act around dogs to avert disaster. Here are a few important tips.
- Avoid dogs that are chained up – The owner has the dog chained for a reason. It is probably a watchdog and is very dangerous. In fact, 25% of dog attacks that turn fatal occur when a chained dog is provoked.
- Watch out for dangerous breeds – Pit bulls are the most well-known biters. However other breeds can also be very protective, especially German shepherds.
- Always neuter or spay family pets – It is far more common for animals that have not been neutered or spayed to bite.
- Compensation may be available – If a family member receives an injury from someone else’s dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills. Insurance companies paid out more than $500,000,000 in 2017 for dog bite claims. You just need help in order to receive the maximum settlement that you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyers in Southern California
If you or a member of your family has been injured by some else’s dog, give the dog bite lawyers at Petrov Law Firm a call at 619.344.0360. We can help keep the insurance company honest and make sure that they are offering everything that you deserve. From medical bills and missed wages to pain and suffering, we can help you calculate the right settlement.Read More
If you have suffered an injury due to a slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries and missed work. However, you need to be able to prove that there is some measure of negligence involved. Here are three proofs to share with your personal injury attorney.
- Someone should reasonably have known about the situation that caused the fall – There are some circumstances that are just accidents. If someone spills a drink right in front of you and you slip on the ice, the owner isn’t responsible. But if the dangerous condition was preexisting and someone at the facility should have known about it, this leads to liability.
- Someone knew about the condition and didn’t fix it – Whether it is a spill, a dangerous break in the sidewalk, or some other situation, if someone knew it existed and failed to fix it, there is negligence involved.
- Someone at the facility caused the circumstances that led to the fall – If the owner or an employee caused the dangerous conditions, this also leads to fault on the part of the company or owner.
If You Have Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident in Southern California
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident in the San Diego area, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. To present the facts of the case to us, call 619-344-0360, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.Read More
If you have suffered a personal injury in southern California, then you may be in need of a personal injury attorney in San Diego. What are some of the more common causes of personal injuries due to someone else’s negligence? Here are three that we frequently see from our clients:
- Vehicular accident – Car accidents cause most of the injuries that result in a settlement. A car accident can result in major injuries, medical bills piling up, and even missed work.
- Dog bites – Dog bites are especially common among children. Of course, there may be some circumstances under which the owner is not at fault for the attack. However, it is worth it to consult a lawyer because dog bites can cause extensive injuries and big medical bills.
- Slip and fall accidents – Not every slip and fall accident is the fault of the property owner, but many are. The key is to be able to prove that the owner had time to clear the obstruction but failed to do so. This can allow you to seek compensation, including medical expenses and other losses.
Personal Injury Attorneys San Diego Residents Can Trust
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you need a trustworthy personal injury attorney to help you maximize your settlement. When insurance companies are involved, they are always looking to offer the lowest possible payout. The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm will fight to help you get what you deserve. Just call 619-344-0360 to learn more about how we can help.Read More
Trip and fall injuries are very common and can easily occur if an unexpected obstacle appears in front of you suddenly and you don’t realize you will have to step higher than normal to clear it. What are some of the more common injuries a person will suffer in this sort of accident?
- Knees – Skinned or scrapped knees can easily occur during a trip. In a more serious fall, you may do structural damage to the knee that could require surgery.
- Hand and wrist fractures – Since the natural inclination is to throw your hands out to stop a fall, this is one of the most common injuries when someone trips. Unfortunately, the bones in the hands and arms may not be strong enough to support your full weight during a fall, and this can result in broken bones that need to be set.
- Facial injuries – If you are unable to catch yourself during a fall, facial injuries can be extensive. This can include damage to the mouth and teeth, nose, or even skull if you land hard enough to sustain a concussion.
What to Do After a Trip and Fall Injury
While waiting for medical attention, it may be a good idea to photograph what caused you to trip, and you can fill out any necessary paperwork at the place the injury occurred. Whether it is uneven pavement, old carpeting, or an item that has been left in a place it doesn’t belong, you may be due compensation for your medical bills and even missed work. Contact Petrov Law Firm today by calling 619-344-0360 to find the personal injury lawyers that San Diego residents can rely on.Read More
If you have fallen in a store or in a public place and suffered an injury, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses or missed work. However, there are a few things that you need to know. Here are two key factors to keep in mind if you are seeking a slip and fall settlement in California.
- The statute of limitations is two years – This means you should be seeking an attorney pretty much immediately after you receive any necessary medical care. As it gets closer to the two-year mark, insurance companies won’t want to pay out as much because they figure they might be able to delay things until you end up getting nothing.
- Don’t sign anything until you have a lawyer – An insurance company may offer a payout to get you to sign something that waives your right to any future compensation. You only get one chance to get a settlement, so it has to cover all of your current and expected future medical expenses as well as any lost wages or future lost wages. Yes, a lawyer gets a cut, be he or she can also get you a much larger settlement.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced lawyers to help you. Operating out of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista, we provide convenient locations to our clients and can help to maximize your settlement. Call 619-344-0360 today to learn more.Read More
This is an important question to answer because you need to know if you are going to be responsible for your medical bills and any work you may miss or if you are eligible to receive some compensation to help you out financially while recovering from your injury. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Your safety is your own responsibility – That having been said, the store owner does have to provide reasonable care. The difference in opinion may be over what is considered reasonable.
- You need proof – Take photographic evidence at the scene, even if you aren’t sure anything will come from your injuries. If the store has injury report paperwork to fill out, do so. Get checked out by a doctor so you have a medical record of your injuries.
- Time usually has to pass to prove negligence – If the person walking in front of you drops a soda and you slip on it, that isn’t the store’s fault. If someone spilled a soda an hour ago and no one has bothered to clean it up, that makes a better case for you.
Get Legal Advice for Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
Before you sign any sort of settlement, be sure to contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. The insurance company is going to want to pay as little as possible. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side is the only way to ensure that you get the full compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation today.Read More
If you have been in a car accident, you may be tempted to assume your injuries are not that bad and there is no reason to go to the doctor. However, there are a few things you should watch out for in the weeks and months following an accident that could indicate an injury occurred.
- Vertigo – Vertigo is a false sensation of movement. Most people say it feels like the room is spinning. This can be an indicator that you are suffering from post-concussion syndrome.
- Headaches or migraines – Another indicator of post-concussion syndrome, this symptom usually means that you suffered either head or neck trauma.
- Brain fog – Confusion, inability to focus, and short-term memory loss are all indicators of head or neck trauma.
- Insomnia – Difficulty sleeping can indicate post-concussion syndrome, although it may also be linked to post-traumatic stress, especially if you are also having nightmares about the accident.
- Irritability and mood swings – If may be your coworkers or family members who alert you to this symptom. Take it seriously because it can be yet another indicator that an injury has occurred.
Whether it is a few days, weeks, or even months after your car accident, be sure to head to your doctor if these symptoms arise.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego, CA
If you have suffered an injury in a car accident, even if the symptoms didn’t display right away, you deserve compensation from the party at fault. To deal with car insurance companies that want to pay out as little as possible, you need the help of the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Contact us today at 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More