In times of emergency, it is vital for doctors and staff to be able to practice freely without concerns over lawsuits. As a result, The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has extended liability protection in the medical field during the COVID-19 outbreak. For example, everyone from doctors and pharmaceutical makers to suppliers and distributors will face a reduced risk of liability during the pandemic.
As of now, California has not passed any additional legislation to protect the medical field. However, in New York, where the outbreak is currently the worst in the nation, the governor has also extended immunity for healthcare professionals and their assistants. But even in this case, injury or death that results from “gross negligence of the medical professional” is not covered.
Therefore, there are still situations where a medical malpractice suit may occur due to COVID-19. However, it is important not to be frivolous with claims at this time because it is vital for the attention of medical professionals to be focused solely on helping with this public health crisis.
But what if you or a loved one is a victim of medical malpractice in the meantime?
We Will Be Here When the Time Is Right
Petrov Law Firm is here to provide compassionate assistance for families who are victimized by personal injury or wrongful death cases. We can help you to maximize your settlement and receive what you deserve for your losses. To learn more, give us a call today at 619.344.0360.Read More
You have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s fault or negligence. Now you see medical bills adding up. This can ruin you financially. What can you do about it? Here are some tips to help you seek the compensation that you deserve for your losses.
- Keep track of all medical bills related to the incident. If someone else was at fault, you might be able to receive compensation through their insurance.
- Don’t sign anything without a lawyer. You may be taking a settlement that won’t even cover your basic expenses. A personal injury attorney can help you understand what you actually deserve.
- Medical bills are not your only loss, so don’t settle for the exact amount of your healthcare costs alone. You may have missed time from work, experienced material loss, or endured additional pain and suffering that you should be compensated for.
- Remember that you can see any doctor you want. You don’t have to stick to in-network doctors to receive compensation. Get the best care you can.
- Be prepared to go to court. While the best option is to seek a settlement, some insurance companies can be unreasonable. In such situations, you may need to go to court to get the compensation you truly deserve. Fortunately, most insurance companies are reasonable once they see you have taken the step of hiring an attorney.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego
To get your case started today, call 619.344.0360 and speak with a personal injury lawyer at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to know the next step to take to receive the reimbursement you need and deserve.Read More
One of the places that personal injuries are likely to occur is in the workplace. If you did not receive the proper training or safety equipment from your company, they might need to compensate you for losses, including your medical bills and missed work. What are some of the jobs that lead to the most injury claims in California?
- Animal handling – Whether you work for a vet or walk the dogs of other people, you need to use extra caution because these are some of the highest risk jobs in the state.
- Private courier – From watchdogs to people receiving documents they are not happy about, being a private courier can come with its challenges.
- Wooden item assembly – Using power tools without the proper instruction or safety equipment can be extremely dangerous. Assembling wooden items comes with much greater risks than getting a splinter.
- Caregiving for the elderly – Whether it is in a nursing home or a private residence, caring for older ones can lead to many dangerous situations. In fact, caregivers are at a higher risk for on the job injury than any other part of the workforce in California.
Workplace Accidents and Compensation in California
If you have experienced an injury at one of these or any other type of job in southern California, then contact the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side and when trying to reach a settlement regarding employment injuries. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced lawyer today.Read More
The CDC has estimated that about 6,000 fatal accidents occur each year due to drowsy drivers. This is a huge increase from a 2013 report that stated 800 deaths and 44,000 injuries occurred in that one year alone. Up to 3% of all motor vehicle accidents may involve a driver who is too tired to be behind the wheel. Consider the following reasons to pull over and take a nap if you are sleepy.
- Lack of sleep affects attention span – While drowsy driving makes up a small percentage of accidents, distracted driving leads to far more. If you are tired, you are more likely to let yourself get distracted in an effort to remain alert.
- Diminished cognitive ability – You just can’t make good decisions when you are beginning to fall asleep. Therefore, you may pull in front of a car that is driving to fast or is too close, or in other ways make a disastrous driving decision.
- Reduced reaction time – Being sleepy slows your reaction time, just like driving intoxicated would. If you don’t hit your breaks, swerve, or speed up in time, you may end up having an accident that an awake and alert driver could have avoided.
San Diego’s Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in a car accident, especially if the other driver was drowsy, distracted, or otherwise at fault, Petrov Law Firm can help. Our experienced attorneys are ready to fight to help you get the settlement you deserve. Call 619.344.0360 to get started.Read More
Depending on the type of personal injury settlement you are seeking, you may need to gather different information. Here’s a short guide to three of the most common types of personal injury cases in California.
- Slip and fall – Through negligence or fault, you need to show that the owner of the property caused your injury. If you have pictures of the site where the injury occurred, this can be beneficial. Be sure to get a copy of any injury report you filled out at the scene.
- Dog attack – Insurance companies pay out millions every year to people who get bit by someone else’s dog. Be sure to keep track of your medical bills or any missed work in connection with the injury.
- Motor vehicle accident – In California, the amount of compensation a person receives is congruent to the degree of fault. If the other driver is 100% at fault, you should be compensated for any and all losses you sustained. However, even if you are 20% at fault, you should still receive 80% from the other driver’s insurance company.
Southern California’s Premier Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured in any of the aforementioned ways, then Petrov Law Firm has an attorney who specializes in providing the help you need. To learn more, contact our offices today at 619.344.0360. We have convenient locations in San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista to schedule your appointments in person. Don’t battle an insurance company on your own – help is just a phone call away.Read More
If you are preparing for a personal injury suit, you may wonder how your pre-existing health problems may affect your case. For example, what if you were in a car accident and hurt your neck, but you’ve already been seeing a chiropractor for neck pain? Will that reduce the size of your settlement? It doesn’t have to! Here are a couple of helpful tips:
- Don’t hide your condition – If it is discovered (and it will be), that will definitely affect your case. You just have to reveal your pre-existing condition in the right way so that it helps your case instead of hindering it.
- Do compare your medical records – Your doctor can show that your condition has grown worse or that something new has developed since your injury. This will show that your current medical bills, missed work, and other losses are related to the accident and not your health condition.
- Do hire a personal injury attorney – An insurance company is going to try to use your condition as an excuse for a lowball settlement. Don’t sign anything without consulting an experienced attorney. Insurance companies rely on the fact that you will be tempted to take a quick handout and go away.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Law Experts
The more factors that can complicate your case, the more important a personal injury attorney becomes. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619.344.0360 to set up a consultation. We can help you to prepare so that you receive the best settlement possible.Read More
A personal injury attorney can help you to reach a better settlement with a corporation or insurance company. However, you have to share the right information with your lawyer to help the case move along quickly and favorably for you. Here are some important questions to answer:
- How were you injured? – From dog attacks to motor vehicle accidents, people suffer injuries in all sorts of ways that entitle them to compensation. The cause of the injury is necessary in order to understand what information will be required to make your case.
- When did it happen? – There are also matters of statute of limitations to consider. Depending on how the injury occurred or even where it happened, you may have a different length of time to make your case. The smart thing to do is always to consult a lawyer right away.
- Was negligence involved? – Whether it was a car accident or a slip and fall, determining fault or negligence is a key to receiving compensation. If it was your mistake, you can’t expect someone else to payout (although in some cases, your insurance will cover your own injuries).
San Diego’s Premier Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in southern California, contact the professionals at Petrov Law Firm to get the assistance you require. Just call 619.344.0360 to schedule a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you to learn if you have a valid cause for compensation and help you gather the needed evidence for your case.Read More
Every year there are millions of Americans who get bit by dogs. Many of the bites that occur involve children. A few reminders on how to deal with strange dogs or even how to properly care for dogs at home may help protect your family.
- Get your family pets spayed or neutered – Most dog attacks are committed by animals that have not been spayed or neutered, so be sure to take care of this for your family pets.
- Avoid contact with dangerous breeds that are known for attacks – Most people recognize the dangers that are associated with pit bulls. German shepherds are another dog to watch out for when it is someone else’s dog. They are known to protect their own families.
- Don’t go near a chained dog – The dog is on a chain for a reason. Teach your children that they should not even approach a dog that is on a chain. One-quarter of fatal dog attacks involved animals that are chained up.
If you or a loved one has been bitten by someone else’s dog, be sure to get the contact information for the owner and the vet. Once any medical danger has passed, it is time to call a personal injury attorney to see if any compensation may be available.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills or other damages. In fact, in 2018 alone, insurance companies paid out approximately $675 million dollars in claims for dog bites. To get your case started, call 619.344.0360 today.Read More
If you experience a slip and fall injury in the San Diego, how should you proceed? Here are three important steps to take.
#1 Get the Proper Medical Attention
If the situation is an emergency, you may need to call an ambulance. If not, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure the injuries are not worse than you initially thought. Also, if you later begin to experience symptoms like headaches, migraines, vertigo, insomnia, and other indicators of a head injury or whiplash, you should go to the doctor right away.
#2 Document What Happened
You need proof that the injury was the fault of the owner or company. This can be done by taking pictures or video of the scene where the accident happened. You also want to be sure to fill out an injury report if the store or other business has one. Make sure that you get a copy.
#3 Hire a Professional Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from an insurance company. If you have experienced your slip and fall in southern California, then call the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side.
To learn more, call 619.344.0360 today and schedule an appointment at one of our three convenient locations in the San Diego area. We look forward to helping you receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
When you suffer an injury due to someone else’s intent or negligence, you want a good personal injury lawyer on your side. How can you find someone with the right experience for you? Consider some of the following common personal injuries that we specialize in at Petrov Law Firm.
- Motor vehicle accidents – When you are in a car accident in California, the courts will want to determine fault in order to know whose insurance should be footing the bill. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to maximize an out of court settlement or help you win damages in the courtroom.
- Slip and fall injuries – When you slip and fall, you need to provide the right evidence that it was the fault of the owner or that there was sufficient time for the issue that caused the fall to have been corrected. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to gather the evidence you need.
- Dog attacks – Dog bites are shockingly common in California. If you have been attacked by someone else’s dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills. Since there are various factors in play, you will want an experienced dog attack attorney to review the case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, contact the personal injury professional at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side when you are dealing with difficult insurance companies to try and achieve the best possible settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to schedule an appointment now.Read More