A slip and fall injury can result in massive medical bills regardless of whether you are able to block your fall with your arms and legs or your head ends up striking the ground. When you have been injured due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity, you should receive compensation for your losses. Here are a few tips to help you get what you deserve.
- Go to the doctor – Without a diagnosis, you are unlikely to receive any compensation. Remember that the settlement should cover your medical bills, so don’t let the cost of medical care stop you from getting the help you need.
- Gather evidence – Photos of the scene and a copy of the accident report will help to build your case. Remember that you should track your medical bills, missed workdays, and other evidence that you experienced losses due to the injury.
- Contact a personal injury attorney – You are going to be dealing with an insurance company that wants to pay out as little as possible. They will try to get you to admit fault or may engage in other tactics to reduce or eliminate your settlement. A lawyer is necessary to maximize your compensation.
Get the Help You Need After a Slip and Fall Injury in California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced personal injury attorneys to help you with your case in southern California. Contact us today by calling our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 and let us help you get the settlement you deserve.Read More
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve compensation (no matter what an insurance company may try to tell you). Here are some myths surrounding personal injury cases so that you don’t miss out on the settlement you deserve.
- Myth 1: I Don’t Have a Case – Even minor injuries can lead to major medical bills or missed days of work. Plus, there can be emotional trauma or stress due to the injury. If there are monetary damages, you have a case.
- Myth 2: The Insurance Company Will Offer a Fair Settlement – The insurance company will offer you as little as they possibly can and will pressure you to take it.
- Myth 3: It Will Take Too Long to Get the Money – Most personal injury cases close within a year from the time the filing is complete. While that may seem like forever today, think of how long it will take you to recover from your losses if you do not receive a settlement or if you accept a lowball offer that doesn’t cover all of the damages.
- Myth 4: People Who File Lawsuits Are Greedy – It’s not greedy to receive fair compensation when you suffer losses due to someone else’s negligence. Yes, some people file frivolous lawsuits, but if you work with a reputable personal injury attorney, they will tell you honestly if you should pursue compensation or if your lawsuit is not legitimate.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured in southern California, contact Petrov Law Firm. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you to determine if you have a case. Call 619.344.0360 today to ensure you get the settlement you deserve.Read More
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize your settlement, and that is usually a person’s purpose in seeking out legal counsel after an accident. However, your personal injury attorney can handle a lot of other steps on the path to the settlement. Here are a few of the things you get when you hire a personal injury lawyer for your case.
- Learn your legal rights – Every state is unique when it comes to personal injury cases, so a local attorney can help you to understand your rights.
- Go over the particulars of your case – Do you qualify for compensation? What types of compensation should be considered in the settlement?
- Be a go-between with the insurance company – The insurance company is going to try and get you to say something that will get them out of having to pay anything at all. Having a lawyer be a go-between ensures you never have to speak to an insurance agent who might otherwise trick you into saying something that hurts your case.
- Investigate and advise – Your lawyer will help investigate the case and will advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Go over the settlement – When you receive an offer, an attorney can help you to review it to make sure you do not agree to something detrimental to you. A lowball settlement can be renegotiated based on the facts of the case.
Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer in California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced injury attorneys you can trust in San Diego. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get all the help you need for your case.Read More
There are many ways in which the negligence of a person or entity can result in injury to someone. If you have experienced such a personal injury, you are far from alone. What types of injuries may result in a personal injury settlement? Here are a few of the most common situations that arise in southern California.
- Motor vehicle accidents – These can include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, accidents with trucks, and cyclist or pedestrian injuries. The car insurance of the at-fault party should handle the claim, although sometimes there is shared fault involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether it happens in a store or on the sidewalk, someone may be responsible for the situation that led to the slip or trip. If the injury was caused by a public entity (i.e., you were injured on government property), time is of the essence because you only have six months for the time of the injury to make your claim.
- Dog bites – Unless you were trespassing on private property or committing some other type of crime, a dog bite is just about always the fault of the owner. Fortunately, homeowners, renters, and other forms of insurance often cover this type of injury.
Of course, injuries can occur in many other ways. There are work injuries, product defects, medical malpractice, assault, and other common issues that lead to personal harm.
Get Help Making Your Personal Injury Claim in San Diego
There are varying personal injury laws from state to state. If you have been injured in southern California, Petrov Law Firm can help. Call 619.344.0360 today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.Read More
There are many myths surrounding driving and owning a car, and believing those falsehoods could be potentially dangerous. Here are a few things that you need to be able to recognize as being untrue.
- Myth 1: If pot is legal in your state, you can smoke and drive – Driving under the influence is driving under the influence. Prescription drugs and alcohol are legal as well, but you still have to be sober when you drive. Pot and driving do not mix – ever.
- Myth 2: Male drivers are safer than female drivers – Insurance companies settle this falsehood very quickly. They wouldn’t offer cheaper premiums to women if they were the more dangerous drivers.
- Myth 3: You should warm up your car in winter – This actually has no benefit for modern vehicles. In fact, cars are designed to warm up rapidly while being driven. So your car may run cold longer if you just sit in the driveway.
- Myth 4: My driving record only impacts my car insurance – Actually, there is another insurance provider who is going to care about your driving record – your life insurance. Bad drivers are more likely to be involved in a fatal accident, so your life insurance may go up as well if you have a poor driving record.
If You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm can help you seek a reasonable settlement from an insurance company. Before you sign anything, call 619.344.0360. We’re on your side and want to help you get what you truly deserve.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the state of California, the responsible party should be providing due compensation. What are four factors that will impact the amount of compensation you receive? Here is what you need to know.
- Injuries – The extent of your injuries will play a major role in the amount of the final settlement. You can’t expect the receive the same compensation for a scraped knee as you would receive if you were left with a permanent disability.
- Medical Bills – All of your medical expenses should be covered, even if you had to go out of network to receive care and your health insurance won’t cover it.
- Lost Wages –If you missed days of work or if you are unable to continue at your job because of your injuries, all of your current and future lost wages should be considered.
- Personal Impact – A serious injury can have a bearing on your quality of life from here forward. You should also be compensated for the pain and suffering that will be ongoing. From chronic pain to loss of the ability to enjoy a hobby, there are many ways in which your life could be altered due to a slip and fall accident.
Getting the Help You Need in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to receive a fair settlement for your slip and fall case. Don’t deal with an insurance company on your own. Call 619.344.0360 today and get what you truly deserve.Read More
When a pedestrian is knocked down by a moving vehicle, the results can be quite serious. What are some of the contributing factors to this type of accident? Here are five of the most common reasons that a pedestrian is involved in an accident with a motor vehicle.
- Reduced visibility – Dawn, dusk, night, rain, or any other conditions that reduce visibility can make it more difficult for a driver to see a pedestrian.
- Driving distracted – Between phones and the many other distractions that are available to drivers, you are probably not surprised to see this on the list.
- Poor infrastructure – A lack of crosswalks, pedestrian lights, and other safety features may lead to more accidents and injuries. In general, poorly laid out roadways can lead to more danger for walkers.
- Drug and alcohol abuse – Drivers who are under the influence are far more likely to strike a pedestrian with their vehicle. A DUI is a common occurrence when a pedestrian accident occurs.
- Quieter vehicles – Hybrid and electric vehicles make far less noise. As a result, a pedestrian who is not constantly aware of their surroundings may step in front of a car without noticing it.
If You Have Been Injured in a Pedestrian Accident in California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego have the experience you want in your corner when trying to reach a settlement in a pedestrian accident case. Don’t expect an insurance company to give you a fair shake, no matter how nice they may seem on the phone. Call 619.344.0360 today to get the assistance you need.Read More
If you have been injured while in a store, you need to take the right steps in order to receive the proper medical care and to be fairly compensated.
- Call for immediate help if needed. If you don’t think a 911 call is warranted, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure there was no underlying damage that occurred.
- Collect evidence from the scene. This means taking pictures or videos of the site. You also want to get contact information for any eyewitnesses.
- Speak with an employee. You will likely have to fill out an accident report outlining what occurred. Be sure to ask for a copy.
- Track your medical expenses. You can also track lost workdays or other expenses that are related to the injury.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. When you experience an injury that occurs on a store’s property, you are likely going to be dealing with an insurance company. The insurance company’s goal is to pay out as little as possible, so don’t sign anything or accept a settlement without seeking counsel for yourself.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If your injury occurred in southern California, Petrov Law Firm is here to help. Call our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you get what you deserve from an insurance company. Don’t let the corporate suits push you around! Petrov Law Firm is here to help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.Read More
When you are injured in a privately owned home or business, the insurance of the owner is likely to cover the bill for your medical expenses and other losses. However, what happens when you are on public property and an injury occurs?
If it is due to the negligence of a public entity such as a government facility or department, you may still be able to receive compensation, but there are some differences in how you have to proceed.
- File your claim immediately – With most personal injury cases in the state of California, you get two years to file a claim. However, the statute of limitations when a public entity is involved is just six months, so there is no time to delay.
- If you were injured on a sidewalk, the adjacent property owner might be liable – This is because most counties or cities in California have laws that place the responsibility of keeping sidewalks well maintain on the owner of the adjacent property.
- Any facility that a public agency owns will fall into this category – Thus, whether you are at a public school (not a privately owned university) or even a community center, the property is considered public.
Get the Help You Need After an Injury on Public Property in CA
Petrov Law Firm is here to help if you have been injured on public property. Just call 619.344.0360 to have an experienced personal injury attorney take a look at your case. But remember: There is no time to delay when dealing with a public entity – you don’t want the statute of limitations to run out.Read More
A slip and fall injury often results in a settlement covering medical costs and other losses. However, whether you receive a settlement (and how much) may depend on avoiding the two most common mistakes. Here they are so that you can handle your case the right way and get the compensation you deserve.
- Mistake 1: Letting the statute of limitations expire – In California, you get two years to make a personal injury claim. That gets cut down to six months if it happens on government property. Be sure to start your suit in time so that you don’t miss out on a potential claim.
- Mistake 2: Not hiring an experienced personal injury attorney – You don’t want to go up against an insurance company alone. They thrive on paying out as little as possible to get people to walk away from what they really deserve. You also want an attorney who specifically has experience in slip and fall cases. You can’t just walk into any legal office and get the assistance you need to maximize a settlement.
Get the Help You Need for Your California Slip and Fall Injury Claim
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have experienced an injury due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360. Once we discuss the particulars of the case, we can help you to receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More