When you are riding your bicycle around San Diego, safety must be of paramount importance. Cyclists rarely fare well when involved in an accident with a moving vehicle. That makes visibility critical for your well-being. What will make you the most visible to drivers?
Lights: The Most Important Safety Feature on Your Bicycle
The state of California actually has a few laws regarding lighting on your bike to make it more visible. Therefore, your bicycle should already have the following:
- A headlight for use when riding after dark
- A red rear reflector
However, you can increase your visibility and make riding even safer by adding additional lighting features beyond those required by law. For example:
- Use your headlight day and night to increase visibility during the day
- Get taillights instead of just a reflector to increase the likelihood of a driver seeing you from behind
- Acquire signal lights for drivers who don’t pay attention to hand signals or who have forgotten what they mean since taking their driving test
Bicycle Accident Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured in an accident while biking in southern California, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. Since California is a fault state, the driver’s insurance company may try to place some of the blame on you to reduce the settlement. Before you sign any sort of agreement, be sure to call 619.344.0360, so you can get an experienced lawyer on your side.Read More
If you are looking for a safe way to provide financially for your family, there may be a few jobs that you want to avoid due to the high-risk. If you’ve already been injured in one of these or other jobs, then you may need assistance to get the compensation you deserve. Let’s look at California’s most dangerous jobs, and then we will tell you where to turn if you do suffer an injury.
- Assembling wooden products – Woodworking results in the use of a lot of high-powered tools. You need proper training, safety guidelines, and equipment that is well-maintained if you are going to avoid injury.
- Animal handlers – From raising animals to taking care of sick animals, one of the most dangerous jobs in the state is working with animals. Especially when sick or injured, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable.
- Courier – From private messengers to delivery services, it can be easy to suffer an injury when you are always around new locations, dogs you don’t know, and have to deal with adversarial situations.
- Working with the elderly – Home care workers and nursing home staff are actually at the highest risk for injury among California’s workforce.
If You Have Been Injured in a Work-Related Accident
If you have been injured on the job, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. We can help you to understand how compensation works and whether your case qualifies. Call 619.344.0360 to get started now.Read More
Injuries caused by bicycle accidents result in over $200 million in medical bills and lost work across the country. Whether you are riding your bike around San Diego for pleasure or as your primary means of transportation, here are a few tips to help you avoid the dangers of sharing the road with drivers.
- Wear reflective clothing – While this is crucial during night riding, you can benefit from the extra visibility even during the daytime. Helping drivers see you will minimize the risks.
- Use signals when turning – Hand signals are a must for cyclists. However, if you can get signal lights for your bike, this will improve your visibility even more and be good for drivers who never learned what the hand signals mean.
- Don’t assume drivers see you – Even if you’ve made eye contact with a driver, it is still a good idea to yield the right of way to someone in a car. The best way to avoid injury is to ride defensively rather than aggressively.
Cyclist Accident Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in a bike accident, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. Insurance companies often look for any excuse to avoid or minimize a payout. We can help you to get the settlement you deserve so that your medical bills and lost wages are covered. Give us a call today at 619-344-0360 to get your case started and receive the full compensation you are due.Read More
Whether you ride your bicycle around San Diego or the surrounding neighborhoods, for work, exercise, or fun, you need to use proper caution. Car accidents involving cyclists often result in serious injury to the person riding the bike. Here are a few tips to help keep you safe.
- Always wear a helmet – A helmet can’t guarantee that you will survive an accident with a motor vehicle, but it certainly improves your chances.
- Watch out for cars turning right – This is what puts you at the greatest risk, especially if the driver doesn’t check the bike lane before turning. At stoplights, wait to make sure drivers are not turning rather than trying to get a jumpstart on the light. It is legal to exit the bike lane and move into traffic when approaching a place where a driver may make a righthand turn. This will make you more visible. Once you are through the intersection, return to the bike lane as soon as you safely can.
- Have something reflective on your person and your bike – This will help make you more visible, especially at night but also during the day. For even more visibility, invest in head and taillights for your bike.
Bicycle Accident Injury Attorneys in Southern California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help if you have been injured by a motor vehicle driver. A settlement can help you recover damages from medical bills, missed work, and additional pain and suffering caused by the accident. To learn more, call 619-344-0360 today.Read More
What is the number one factor when it comes to staying safe while riding your bike around San Diego and the surrounding neighborhoods? Visibility! If a driver doesn’t see you, things can get dangerous very quickly. Here is the safety tip that may save your life.
Lights – The Most Important Bicycle Safety Feature
There’s no law in California that says you have to have lights on your bike day and night. You do have to have a headlight for the front of your bike at night. A rear reflector is also required (and must be red). But since prevention is the best medicine, you may want to invest in more lights for your bike than just the minimum requirements.
If you can install headlights and tail lights on your bike, and have them running both day and night, you significantly increase the likelihood of a driver seeing you. Installing turn signals for drivers who are unfamiliar with hand signals is also a good idea.
Bicycle Accident Injuries in Southern California
If you have been injured while riding your bike in the San Diego area, let the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm help you to get a fair settlement. Insurance companies may seek to reduce the payout by placing some of the blame on the cyclist. We can help you get the full compensation that you deserve.
Before you sign any sort of settlement, it is important to get help from a professional attorney. To learn more, call 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
One of the biggest dangers to runners are drivers who are distracted. We’re going to give you a few tips for sharing the road with people who may not be on the lookout for runners.
- Be alert – Don’t assume that a driver sees you. You can jog in place while you wait for a light to change or for a visibly distracted driver to make a turn in front of you.
- Find a safe route – You may be able to plan your route so that you can stay on the sidewalk and make minimal road crossings. Or you may choose to run on roads that are not as busy.
- Always try to make eye contact – If you do have to cross the street in front of a driver, always try to make eye contact so that you are confident the driver sees you, even if they are at a stop sign or light.
- Watch the weather – Wet or slick roads can make it tougher for drivers to stop, even if they see you. They can also lead to a slip and fall. If you were to fall in the middle of the road when crossing in front of a vehicle when you had plenty of time, the gap can be closed quickly.
Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego and the Surrounding Neighborhoods
If you have been injured while running, whether it is by a driver, a dog, a trip on a damaged sidewalk or any other cause, Petrov Law Firm can help. To see if you can recover losses in a personal injury suit, contact us today at 619-344-0360. We may be able to help you get compensation for medical bills, lost wages, or other expenses.Read More
Whether you walk to the office or are just out for some exercise, walking is a great way to get around San Diego and much of southern California. However, there are also dangers due to distracted drivers who may not notice you, especially at night. Here are a few tips for pedestrian safety.
- Don’t walk under the influence. Drinking and walking can be just as dangerous as drinking and driving (at least for you). Call an Uber or a cab if you’ve had too many rather than trying to walk it off.
- Don’t use your phone while walking. If you need directions, use the voice feature rather than staring at the screen. You need to pay attention to your surroundings when walking to avoid potential dangers.
- Always use the crosswalk. Not only is J-walking illegal, but it is also dangerous because drivers won’t be expecting you to step out into the road.
- Wear bright colors during the day and something reflective at night. While you never want to assume that a driver sees you, you still want to do everything you can to increase visibility.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Even if you have the light, it is always a good idea to look before you cross. Too many distracted drivers run red lights and do other things you wouldn’t expect, so you can’t presume on having the right of way.
Personal Injury Attorneys for California Pedestrians
Have you suffered an injury as a pedestrian? Petrov Law Firm has the experienced and compassionate personal injury attorneys to help you maximize a settlement in California. Give us a call today at 619- 344-0360 to get started on your case.Read More
In one recent year, bicycle accidents cost the US economy $222 million dollars in lost work and medical bills. Do you regularly ride a bike for recreation or for your work commute? If so, follow these simple tips to reduce the risk of accident and injury.
- Assume drivers don’t see you – Sadly, most drivers are too distracted to notice a cyclist. Whether it is a smartphone or just their own thoughts that are getting in the way, you need to ride defensively and assume drivers haven’t noticed you.
- Signal when turning – This is a bit of a two-edged sword. You need to use hand signals to let drivers know when you are making a turn, but you also have to ride like drivers won’t understand your hand signals. So use the signals, but don’t rely on them. Even better – get actual signal lights for your bike.
- Wear something reflective – This is especially important if you ride at night. Reflective clothes make drivers more likely to see you. Head and tail lights for your bike help even more.
Hopefully, these tips can help keep you safe. However, if you become the victim of a bike accident injury, we’re here to help.
Bike Accident Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm has the caring personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have been the victim of an accident. Contact us today by calling 619-344-0360 to learn how we can help you to receive compensation for your medical bills and lost wages.Read More
If you have been injured and are seeking compensation, there are a few things that your personal injury attorney will need to know in order to assist you. Here are the most important things to keep in mind.
- How were you injured? – There are a number of ways that you could have suffered your injury. Everything from a car accident or a dog attack to a slip and fall or medical malpractice may call for compensation, but the rules regarding each type of case vary.
- How long ago were you injured? – Unfortunately, some victims wait months or even years before seeking legal Since the statute of limitations is different for various causes of injury, you don’t want to seek a settlement after it is too late.
- Who is the responsible party? – Obviously, you can’t seek compensation if you hurt yourself, but in many cases, there is another party that is to blame for the injury. Whether it is a driver on a cell phone or a company that sold a product they knew was defective, you don’t want to go into a settlement alone or you are sure to receive a minimal offer.
The Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust
For trustworthy personal injury attorneys, contact Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. Our experience in helping clients receive settlements in personal injury cases can help you to maximize the compensation you receive. Before you sign anything from the offending party, call 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
Fault in California car accidents is how the courts determine which driver’s insurance covers medical bills and other expenses. Here are some of the mistakes drivers make that can lead to serious car accidents that are completely their fault.
- Driving under the influence – Whether it is alcohol, drugs, or even some forms of prescription medication, it is always illegal to be under the influence while driving. This is particularly important to remember for drivers who were happy to see marijuana legalized in the state. Remember: it is still illegal to use marijuana while driving, to have marijuana open and accessible in the vehicle, or to be under the influence of this drug while driving.
- Speeding – This the leading cause of car accidents, including fatal accidents. Always obey the posted speed limit, especially in road construction areas.
- Distracted driving – While smartphones are the number one distraction in our technological era, there are many other ways to be distracted while driving. Everything from lighting up a cigarette to putting the finishing touches on makeup can be what takes a driver’s eyes off the road long enough for an accident to occur.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a car accident, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. Insurance companies always want to settle for the lowest amount possible to protect their profits, so you want an experienced lawyer in your corner to help maximize your settlement. Before you agree to anything, call 619-344-0360 to learn how we can help.Read More