If you have walked away from a motor vehicle accident without any major injuries, you are very lucky. However, you should still see a doctor just to get checked out. This is true even after an accident that didn’t seem so bad. The fact is that you can end up with whiplash from a minor fender bender, and that neck soreness may be your only symptom for now, but things can change in the days, weeks, or even months after an accident.
You should be especially alert to changing symptoms if you hit your head or if your neck got whipped around fast enough to have caused a concussion. Go back to the doctor immediately if you begin to experience any of these symptoms:
- Chronic daily headaches or migraines
- Vertigo, dizziness, or lightheadedness
- Mood changes such as sudden irritability
- Concentration or memory issues
- Difficulty sleeping
- Blurry vision
- Ringing in the ears
- New sensitivity to light or sound
Fortunately, California allows you to file a case up to two years after most personal injuries, so you don’t have to worry your medical bills will pile up without compensation. You should, however, start your case as soon as you can by hiring a personal injury attorney in the state.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
Contact Petrov Law Firm today to get your case started if you have been injured in southern California. Just call 619.344.0360, and one of our experienced lawyers will help you to maximize the settlement you receive from the car insurance company.Read More
In the state of California, you never want to be the one at fault in a motor vehicle accident because this is a tort state. However, you have an even better reason to drive as safely as possible. You want to protect your family and others both in your vehicle and in others on the road. Here are a few safe driving tips.
- Follow the laws of the road – These laws are in place to protect drivers and passengers. One of the most vital laws to obey is the speed limit. The worst accidents and injuries occur when one or more drivers are moving at high speeds.
- Don’t drive angry – Road rage is responsible for many unsafe driving behaviors. Even if another driver cuts you off, drives too close, or flies by at high speeds, you need to think about what is best for the people in your car. That means remaining calm and continuing following the traffic laws to the best of your ability.
- Remove distractions – There are so many things that can distract a driver. The fewer distractions you allow for yourself, the more you can stay focused on the road. While your phone is the worst distraction, but there are many other things to avoid doing while driving.
When You Have Been Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident
Petrov Law Firm is here to help car accident injury victims in southern California. Contact our San Diego office today at 619.344.0360 and get in touch with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.Read More
If you have experienced a car accident in the state of California, you need to understand the rules that apply. This is true whether you are a resident or were on vacation. Here are three essentials when it comes to receiving proper compensation after a car accident in California.
- California is a tort state – This means that the insurance of the at-fault driver is on the hook for the settlement. If you are from out of state, this may be new to you since many US states are no-fault states (meaning that each driver’s insurance covers their own liability regardless of who was at fault).
- Any lawsuits filed must be in the state of California – Again, this means that all California state laws apply. You need to know what the statute of limitations is for your type of accident so that you don’t wait too long to make a claim.
- You need a California attorney – This is true in any state. You need an attorney who can practice in the state where your case is. And that makes sense because laws are different from state to state, so a local attorney is going to know best anyway.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
For experienced attorneys in southern California, car accident victims choose Petrov Law Firm. Our lawyers can help you to get what you really deserve from the insurance company. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started right away!Read More
Car accidents are one of the most common reasons to begin a personal injury case. After all, injuries can lead to medical debt, missed work, or even long-term health issues. Here are a few myths you should know are untrue so that the settlement you receive adequately compensates you for your losses.
- Myth 1: You only can receive compensation for medical bills – Compensatory damages should include any tangible and intangible losses. For example, you may have had to use some sick days or vacation days while recovering from the accident, or you may have had to change your job due to the extent of the injuries. Lost benefits and future wages also count.
- Myth 2: The insurance company will make sure I am fairly compensated – The insurance company’s business is based on paying out as little as possible. If you just wait for a settlement and take what they give you, there is no way you received what you truly deserve.
- Myth 3: It is too expensive to hire a lawyer – Actually, the reverse is true. Without a lawyer, the insurance company may take advantage of you. The fee for an attorney is nothing compared to getting the settlement you actually deserve.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced personal injury attorneys to help maximize your settlement. Don’t let the insurance company decide what you deserve for your injuries. Let our team of experts help you get what you truly deserve. Call 619.344.0360 to get started.Read More
About 4,000 teenagers are killed on US roadways every year due to distracted driving. This makes the number one cause of death for teens completely preventable. It’s not enough to create more laws about distracted driving. There are laws in place nationwide, and it keeps happening. This is about changing the culture of teenage drivers in the United States.
California realizes this and has signaled out young teenage drivers with heavier laws and penalties for phone use. However, it is not enough of a deterrent just to pass laws against distracted driving. Teen passengers need to advocate for themselves.
- Tell the driver if you believe they are taking risks while driving
- Don’t get in the car with a driver who uses their phone or allows other distractions
This is essential because half of the deaths due to distracted adolescent drivers are their passengers. Don’t become the next victim!
Injuries Are Also Common Among Distracted Teen Drivers
There are about 400,000 injuries caused each year by distract adolescent drivers. If you or a loved one has experienced such an injury, you need the help of a personal injury attorney. California is a tort state. The at-fault driver’s insurance should cover all of your medical expenses and other damages. You need an experienced California attorney to help maximize your settlement.
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can provide you with the assistance you need at this difficult time. Call 619.344.0360 today and get what you really deserve from the insurance company.Read More
You should always see a doctor in the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident, even if you don’t feel seriously hurt at the time. There are also symptoms to watch out for in the weeks or months after the accident that could indicate your doctor missed something in the initial examination. Here are possible symptoms that could arise and what they may mean.
- Headache – This is one of the most common and persistent problems that can follow an injury. Headaches often indicate whiplash or a concussion.
- Pain in the Neck, Shoulders, or Back – Pain in the neck, shoulders, or back likely indicates a spinal injury. A misalignment could have occurred in the neck or somewhere else along the spine. Whiplash is common after car accidents.
- Numbness and tingling – If you feel numbness and tingling in your extremities, this could indicate nerve damage or a pinched nerve. There may be damage to the spine, misalignments, or even a herniated disk.
- Emotional Trauma – If you discover new or worsening anxiety, depression, irritability, or insomnia following an accident, it may indicate post-concussion syndrome, a brain or neck injury, or PTSD.
Head back to the doctor as soon as possible to ensure the symptoms are linked to the accident.
Get Help Paying Your Medical Bills
The medical bills can rack up, especially if you experience long-term symptoms. Contact Petrov Law Firm to recoup your losses by maximizing the settlement you receive from the insurance company. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started right away.Read More
One of the worst things that can happen while traveling is a car accident. It can ruin your entire vacation, even more so if you experience injuries as a result of the accident. If you are on vacation, which court has jurisdiction over the accident? You need to know how to recoup your medical expenses and other losses.
As a general rule, you will need to settle the case in the state where the accident occurred. You will also be subject to the laws of that state regarding things like compensation. If you have been injured in a car accident while vacationing in California, the first thing to know is that this is a tort state. What does that mean?
It means that the driver who is at fault covers the damages (or it is split if both drivers share fault). So this means that if the other driver was at fault, you are in luck because their insurance should cover everything. However, you will want the help of a local personal injury attorney who can handle the settlement for you and make sure you are not taken advantage of by the insurance company.
California Car Accident Attorneys
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that you want in your corner if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in California. Call 619.344.0360 today to get your case started and to learn how our experienced lawyers can help to maximize your settlement.Read More
There have always been potential distractions for drivers. From conversations with passengers to flipping through radio stations to dashboard dining, anything that pulls your eyes off the road puts you and other drivers at risk. However, the smartphone has emerged as the single deadliest distraction on the road. Here are a few ways to keep yourself from being distracted while driving.
- Turn your phone off while driving – This is the best way to avoid distractions while driving, especially for those under 18 in California who are not even legally allow ed to use a phone hands-free while on the road. Unfortunately, it is often not possible because many of us use the phone for directions.
- Place your phone in do not disturb mode – This is another good option. You can use your phone for things like GPS but won’t receive an alert when a text or call is coming in. This way, you won’t be tempted to look at your phone or respond. Some mobile operating systems will allow you to automatically go into DND mode while driving and will reply with an autoresponder.
- Connect your phone to your car via Bluetooth for hands-free use – While still distracting, some states allow you to use your phone while driving in this way, and it is certainly better than taking your hands off the wheel.
Car Accident Injuries in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm is here to help if you have been injured by a distracted driver. Give us a call at 619.344.0360 and let us help you to maximize the settlement you receive from the auto insurance company.Read More
According to a report by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, nearly all motor vehicle accidents are avoidable. Human error and poor decision-making contribute to more than nine out of every ten auto accidents. What are some of the most glaring mistakes that drivers make?
- Driving under the influence – Whether under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs, or legal drugs, the results are the same. Intoxicated drivers can’t make good decisions and can end up in serious accidents leading to injuries and even fatalities. Never get behind the wheel if a substance is dulling your reactions.
- Speeding – The speed limit may sometimes seem like a nuisance when you are late or don’t see any other drivers around, but speeding plays a role in nearly every major traffic accident. The laws are in place for a reason.
- Distracted driving – Since the invention of the cell phone, distracted driving has become a bigger issue than ever before. However, reading a text is not the only thing that could cause you to get into an accident. Eating, applying makeup, and even taking your eyes off the road to change the radio station can all result in a dangerous crash.
California Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured by a driver who was involved in reckless behavior, you are certainly entitled to compensation. California is a tort state, so the at-fault driver’s insurance should cover your medical bills and other losses. Petrov Law Firm can help you to get the settlement that you deserve, rather than the pitiful offer most insurance companies try to get away with. Call 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More
After you have been injured in an automotive accident, it is crucial to follow some essential steps to reach a fair settlement. This will help you to pay your medical bills and to recover financially from other losses you may have endured as a result of the injury. Here are a few tips to help you maximize your settlement.
- Track your expenses – You need to prove that the accident caused a monetary loss. So be sure to keep track of your medical bills related to the accident as well as property damage, lost wages, and the like.
- Never let the insurance company take a statement – Your personal injury attorney should be the only person speaking about your accident with the insurance company. Verbal or written statements can be used against you, and that includes anything you post about the accident on social media.
- Get a medical examination – You should see the doctor as soon as possible after your accident, even if there is no immediate danger. The sooner you see the doctor, the easier it will be to link your injuries to the accident.
- Document what you can – Take pictures or videos of the accident. Be sure to get a copy of the police report.
Get Help from an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
Going up against an insurance company alone is a sure way to get less than you deserve. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help you to get a fair settlement. Call 619.344.0360 today to get your case started.Read More