Pro Tips for Receiving a Fair Car Accident Settlement
In order to optimize the settlement that you receive in the wake of a San Diego car accident injury, you will want the assistance of a California personal injury attorney. Here are a few more tips to ensure that you receive a fair offer from the insurance company.
- Report the accident to the police and get a copy of the police report. Be sure never to admit any amount of liability.
- Document the accident scene if possible. If you can take pictures or even record a video of the scene and the surroundings, this is all helpful. Get pictures of the vehicle positions, damage, street signage, and the like. If any eyewitnesses pulled over, get their names and contact information.
- Don’t wait to see a doctor. Being in shock may cause you not to feel pain or injury. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to connect your injury to the accident.
- Don’t go on the record with either a written or verbal statement. The only person you should be speaking about your accident with is your personal injury attorney. This includes social media! Don’t Tweet or in any other way post information about the accident.
- Keep track of the damages. This includes your medical bills, missed days of work, and any other losses that directly or indirectly relate to the accident and injury.
Call Petrov Law Firm Today to Maximize Your Settlement
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego has the experienced attorneys that you want on your side when dealing with an insurance company. Don’t sign anything before you have the chance to discuss your case. Call 619.344.0360 to get started.