How a Lawyer Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, your first priority should be getting the medical care you need. Your next step should be hiring a personal injury attorney. Why? Here are a few things that a lawyer can do to help maximize your settlement.
- File necessary documents before the statute of limitations ends – Once the statute of limitations is up, you are unlikely to get anything, so this is an essential step.
- Assist you in gathering necessary proof – You will need to provide proof of the damages. This may mean collecting relevant medical records, acquiring a copy of the police report, compiling photos or videos of the scene of the accident, and more.
- Acting as a go-between with the insurance company – The insurance company is going to want you to admit to some degree of blame, especially if you live in a tort state like California. This would significantly reduce the compensation you are due. It is better to let your lawyer be the only one who speaks with the insurance company.
- Interview witnesses – If there are witnesses to the accident, your lawyer may decide to interview them to see if their testimony is relevant.
- Provide you with peace of mind – Your attorney will help you understand your rights and provide you with confidence that you will receive the best possible settlement.
Hire the Right Personal Injury Attorney in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego has attorneys who are experienced with motorcycle accident cases. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to ensure your case gets the attention that it deserves.