Common Injuries that Occur During the Holiday Season
The holiday season is usually a time of great joy when families get together, share a meal, exchange gifts, and spend quality time together. Unfortunately, the holiday season also brings a certain amount of danger. Here are a few things to watch out for.
- Car accidents – Especially since many drivers are enjoying alcoholic beverages around the holidays, this can lead to an increase in car accidents. The Petrov Law Firm wants to encourage everyone to be safe and use a designated driver this holiday season.
- Cuts – While it is nice to give and get gifts, opening them can pose a danger. Be sure that young children don’t have access to scissors, knives, boxcutters, or other sharp items. And adults should also be extremely careful if using one of these items to open a gift.
- Burns – First of all, a stove is probably in use in the home where everyone is gathering for a meal. That means keeping an eye on children and making sure they know not to touch the oven. The holidays are also a time when many light candles. Keep candles out of the reach of small children.
- Electric shock – Families with children know to keep outlets protected. But if you are traveling this holiday season, especially if you will be visiting a family member with no small children, be sure that the house will be child-friendly to ensure no accidents ensue with unprotected outlets.
- Defective toys – A gift can quickly turn into a hazard if it is not manufactured properly.
Protect Your Family This Holiday Season
If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident, suffers harm from a defective device, or is subject to personal injury in some other way, contact the Petrov Law Firm to speak with a personal injury lawyer.