First of all, if you have found this article because you have tragically lost a loved one in death due to someone else’s negligence, you have our sincerest condolences. This is a terrible time for your family, and we want you to find the compassionate help that you need. With that in mind, we will keep this brief.
Here are the crucial steps in a wrongful death suit and how to get yours started.
- Identify the responsible party – Depending on how the death was caused, the responsible party could be a criminal, a driver, a manufacturing company, an employer, or even a medical professional.
- Determine if you can legally start a case – In California, to bring a wrongful death case, you must be either the spouse (including domestic partners) or child of the deceased. If no one matches that description, then another family member may be able to pursue legal action.
- Hire a wrongful death attorney – Don’t hire just any lawyer. You need someone who is experienced in wrongful death cases to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
Once you hire a competent wrongful death attorney, you can rest assured that the investigation, demand for compensation, lawsuit, or any other necessary steps will be handled within the deadlines given by the state.
Compassionate Wrongful Death Suit Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here when your family needs us the most. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started today, and let our experienced attorneys go to work for you to ensure you receive the maximum settlement.Read More
A wrongful death is a terrible tragedy that can cause untold grief to a family. One minute, a member of your family seems like they will be with you for years to come, and the next, they are gone without any good reason. We are so sorry if your family is dealing with this sort of horrific tragedy.
Unfortunately, you are far from alone. Disasters like this occur every day in southern California. Here are just four of the many types of wrongful death cases that we see all too often, right here in our area.
- Motor vehicle accidents – This can include car accidents, trucks, motorcycles, and even pedestrians or cyclists. Additionally, there are off-road vehicles like ATVs that may lead to a wrongful death.
- Defective products – If safety instructions are not included, or there is a defect in the product itself, the manufacturer may be at fault for a death caused by their product.
- Workplace accidents – Workers need to be properly trained and provided the necessary safety equipment for their job. If these minimum standards are not met, the company is at fault for any deaths that occur on the job.
- Medical malpractice – Patients deserve a particular standard of care. If the minimum standard is not met, compensation is necessary.
The Assistance You Need During Times of Tragedy
Money cannot bring your loved one back or fill the void of their sudden loss. However, you should still get what you deserve to help your family weather the loss, especially if you lost a primary breadwinner. The compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started now.03Read More
One of the places that personal injuries are likely to occur is in the workplace. If you did not receive the proper training or safety equipment from your company, they might need to compensate you for losses, including your medical bills and missed work. What are some of the jobs that lead to the most injury claims in California?
- Animal handling – Whether you work for a vet or walk the dogs of other people, you need to use extra caution because these are some of the highest risk jobs in the state.
- Private courier – From watchdogs to people receiving documents they are not happy about, being a private courier can come with its challenges.
- Wooden item assembly – Using power tools without the proper instruction or safety equipment can be extremely dangerous. Assembling wooden items comes with much greater risks than getting a splinter.
- Caregiving for the elderly – Whether it is in a nursing home or a private residence, caring for older ones can lead to many dangerous situations. In fact, caregivers are at a higher risk for on the job injury than any other part of the workforce in California.
Workplace Accidents and Compensation in California
If you have experienced an injury at one of these or any other type of job in southern California, then contact the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side and when trying to reach a settlement regarding employment injuries. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced lawyer today.Read More
One of the most sensitive situations we work with at Petrov Law Firm is wrongful death cases. If you have lost a loved one in a tragic accident, we want to offer our condolences to you. We also want to let you know that if the death resulted from one of the following accident types, we may be able to help surviving family members receive financial compensation for your loss.
- Car accidents – If the other driver is to blame, you may be able to file for a wrongful death suit.
- Industrial accidents – Whether the death was caused by unsafe working conditions or a lack of proper training, you may be able to receive compensation.
- Product defects – If there was a known defect with a product that was sold or if the instructions for the product failed to explain safe usage, this may lead to a wrongful death case.
- Medical malpractice – From incorrect dispensation of medication to missing an obvious diagnosis, there are plenty of ways that your loss can be directly linked to malpractice on the part of a healthcare professional.
Compassionate Assistance for Grieving Families in Southern California
Of course, there could also be other situations where a company or individual is at fault in a fatality due to negligence or other reasons. Therefore, the best thing to do is to speak to a professional attorney who is experienced with wrongful death cases. To go over your situation with one of the compassionate lawyers at Petrov Law Firm, call 619.344.0360 today.Read More
If you have lost a loved one due to the actions or negligence of another person or company, you have our sincerest condolences. There is nothing more tragic than a life being cut short due to something that should have been avoidable. Here are the most common causes of wrongful death suits:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Whether the offending driver was driving recklessly, distracted, sleepy, or under the influence, many car accident fatalities qualify as a wrongful
- Medical malpractice – Whether medication is dispensed incorrectly, a procedure is performed improperly, or an obvious diagnosis is missed or provided incorrectly, the doctor or medical facility may be at fault.
- Defective products – If a company knew about the defect and failed to provide a recall in time, or the defect was due to negligence in some way, this can qualify as a wrongful death case. It can also be something like a failure on the manufacturer’s part to inform the user of safe practices for the use of the product.
- Work accidents – Whether the accident was avoidable due to poor safety protocols or the company failed to train their employees properly, these foreseeable incidents qualify as a wrongful
Legal Assistance for Grieving Family Members
When you are grieving a loss, you need compassionate assistance from an experienced wrongful death attorney. Petrov Law Firm is southern California’s source for the care you need when tragedy strikes. Call 619.344.0360 to learn how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.Read More
There is nothing more tragic than losing a loved one prematurely due to someone else’s negligence. We’re going to list 6 broad categories of circumstances that constitute wrongful death. If your family has faced one of these situations, you need to find a compassionate lawyer to help you through this difficult time.
- Medical malpractice – Doctors and their staff need to perform the right medical procedures and provide the proper doses of medication to avoid culpability in a patient’s death.
- Auto accidents – Whether the other driver was under the influence of something, driving recklessly, or just plain negligent in driving practices or in maintaining the vehicle, it may qualify as wrongful
- Transportation accidents – Cars are not the only place where a wrongful death can occur. The same holds true when a person travels via plane, train, or bus.
- Product defects – Whether there is something wrong with the product itself or the instructions on how to use it safely, this may qualify as wrongful
- Failure to properly train employees – If an employee is killed on the job because he or she received insufficient safety training regarding a foreseeable danger, the incident may have been preventable.
- Unsafe roadways – Road hazards happen, but what if the hazard is fixable and has been in place for weeks or even months with no warning to drivers. This may qualify as a wrongful death case as well.
Legal Assistance When You Need It Most
If your family is dealing with a tragedy due to one of the circumstances noted above, contact Petrov Law Firm. We provide the compassionate legal assistance that families in Southern California need when calamity strikes. Call 619-344-0360 to speak to someone about your circumstances today.Read More
The CDC used 2013 figures to illustrate just how much fatal car accidents cost California residents every year. We’re not talking about the emotional toll that these deaths take on families. These numbers strictly represent the financial toll. The figures may prove shocking to you.
- $38 Million – This represents the medical costs left behind by patients who died in car accidents in the state of California in 2013 alone.
- $4.44 Billion – This staggering number is the amount of work loss costs incurred by these accidental deaths. Take, for example, the husband, father, and businessman who doesn’t make it home from work one evening. His family has lost perhaps decades of his income.
Of course, there is no way to calculate the impact of such tragedies in mere numbers. That’s why wrongful death plaintiffs often receive more than just medical compensation and compensation for loss of future income. Pain and suffering, as well as emotional losses, also need to be considered, and that can lead to settlements that provide well for a family during the long time of emotional healing that needs to take place following such a catastrophe.
Compassionate Lawyers for Your Wrongful Death Case in California
Petrov Law Firm has the compassionate lawyers that you want on your side during a wrongful death suit. Please remember though that time is of the essence when you have a case like this. As a result, we encourage you not to delay in calling our San Diego office at 619-344-0360.Read More
Recent research reveals that sitting at a desk is not as safe as most people think. However, there are still plenty of jobs that pose more immediate threats. Here are five of the most dangerous jobs. Did yours make the list?
- Police Officer – An officer of the law is putting his or her life on the line to protect others. That is certainly a commendable career option. Unfortunately, it also means dangers that don’t necessarily end when an officer’s shift is over. You always need to be cognizant of your surroundings to ensure that the job isn’t trying to follow you home.
- Lumberjack – Logging is one of the most dangerous jobs around. One wrong move can end a life quickly in a field that involves high-powered equipment and an extremely heavy product. Long hours add fatigue to the list of dangers.
- Construction Worker – Not only is safety equipment vital for workers in this industry, but you run the full risk of injuries due to the elements from frostbite in the dead of winter to the risk of heatstroke in summer.
- Mechanic – The list of dangers in this workplace environment can’t be understated. From noxious chemicals to dangerous tools, a mechanic’s shop is no place for an untrained individual. Even professionals can quickly come to harm if you let your guard down.
- Metalworker – Welders and other metalworkers are dealing with intense heat, bright lights, sharp metallic edges, and more. From an equipment malfunction to a mistake in safety protocol, this profession can go from zero to deadly in an instant.
Personal Injury Attorneys San Diego Workers Can Trust
If you have been injured working in a dangerous job, the fault may be due to negligence or lack of safety training by an employer. To learn if you are eligible for compensation, contact the personal injury professionals at Petrov Law Firm. California residents can call 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
The state of California has heavy penalties in place for DUI offenders. These laws are in place to discourage drivers from getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. A drunk driver can destroy lives in an instant. Despite these penalties, many injuries are still sustained each year due to driving while intoxicated. Here is a list of some of the penalties in place in the state of California.
The minimum penalty for a first-time offender (assuming no one is hurt or killed) includes:
- $1,800 in fines and assessments
- 2 days in jail or 3 months with a restricted license (only driving back and forth to work or treatment is allowed)
- 3 to 9 months of mandatory treatment (depending on BAC) which costs about $500
- Loss of license for 30 days (the restricted license begins after this period)
These penalties quickly escalate for second and third-time offenders. However, if someone is hurt or dies as a result of the DUI, penalties may include a felony that will result in prison time. Depending on whether the person was a previous offender, the minimum sentence will be somewhere between one and five years.
If You or a Loved One Has Become the Victim of a Drunk Driver
If you have been hurt or have tragically lost a loved one due to someone driving under the influence, you deserve to be compensated for all of your losses. This can include lost future wages, medical costs, pain and suffering, and more. The compassionate lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help you to handle these sensitive matters when you may not mentally be in a position to seek a reasonable settlement yourself. Let us help you start to put the pieces back together. In many wrongful death cases, we only get paid if we win for you. Just call 619-344-0360 for help in the state of California.Read More
Regardless of the motor vehicle manufacturer you purchase your car from, you are bound to run into a recall sooner or later. What is a recall? Why should you respond promptly when you receive one? We will discuss the answers to these questions and more.
What Is a Recall?
If a manufacturer discovers that a part of one of their vehicles is defective, a recall will be immediately issued. This is a notification for owners of a particular year, make, and model to head over to the dealer for the part to be changed out for one that is not defective. The work is performed at no charge since it was the manufacturer’s fault.
Why Respond to a Recall Notice Right Away?
Once the company notifies you of a recall, their liability should something happen is reduced or eliminated. In other words, you can no longer say that it was the manufacturer’s fault because you have knowledge of the issue and an offer to fix it for free. If you are injured or injure someone else because of the defect, it may actually be your fault rather than the manufacturer’s at that point. This makes it vital to follow through on recall notifications immediately.
If Your Vehicle Has Malfunctioned
If you are injured by a vehicle that has malfunctioned, even if there was a product recall, you may still be eligible for some compensation. The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help you to see if you have a legitimate case and can also back you up while pursuing the best possible settlement. Call 619-344-0360 today to get started.Read More