We know that there is no truly sufficient number that can make up for the loss of a loved one. That is why the compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm want to help you maximize your settlement in the aftermath of a traumatic loss. The money can help you to recover from the financial losses that frequently accompany the sudden death of a loved one. Here are some things you should be compensated for:
- Directly-related expenses – The cost of the funeral, burial, and any medical bills connected to your loss should all be included in the settlement.
- Loss of financial support – This is especially necessary if the family member you have lost was the primary breadwinner. You need to receive compensation for all future earnings that are now lost.
- Compensation for loss of emotional support – You can’t put a price tag on everything your family has lost, but you should still be compensated. This is especially true if any family members suffered the trauma of being an eyewitness to the tragic death.
- Punitive damages – While these damages are paid to you, they are designed to keep anyone else from having to suffer the same loss. Punitive damages punish the offending individual or company, so they are motivated to change their practices that led to the wrongful death.
And there may be additional damages for intangible losses or property damage associated with your case.
The Compassionate Attorneys to Help Your Family in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm wants to help your family during this difficult time. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced and compassionate attorney who can get your case started in California.Read More
If you have lost a loved one tragically, we are so sorry for your loss. Death is a terrible part of life, and it is compounded when someone has been ripped away from us too soon. Even more tragic is when the loss is someone else’s fault. This is when a wrongful death suit can help you to recuperate financial losses associated with the death.
What are some of the more common ways a wrongful death occurs?
- Car accidents – While the word accident is in the name, car accidents are often someone’s fault. If a driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding, driving recklessly or distracted, or was breaking any traffic laws, you should receive compensation for your loss. This includes medical bills, burial costs, lost income for the family, and even loss of emotional support.
- Medical malpractice – A person may die prematurely due to a wrong prescription, a mistake in surgery, failure to diagnose a condition properly, or a mistake with a medical chart. In these cases, an individual or practice may be at fault.
- Falls and other injuries – From slip and fall accidents to workplace injuries to insufficient security in a public place, there are many ways that a death that occurs could be due to the negligence of an individual, company, or public entity.
Get Help for Your Family in This Time of Need
The compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here for your family. We have the experience you need to maximize a wrongful death settlement and get the financial help your family needs to cope with this tragedy. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started.Read More
If a loved one has died due to the fault or negligence of another person, we are so sorry for your loss. If you have found your way to this article, you realize that the negligent party should compensate your family for losses. Before accepting any settlement, be sure that compensation is included for the following:
- Direct expenses – Burial, funeral, and any medical expenses incurred should be covered by the defendant.
- Loss of support – If the person provided financial support for a household, the family might be losing out on years of future earnings (besides other financial losses).
- Emotional losses – There is the loss of love and companionship as well as the emotional distress that could result if you were a witness to the tragic loss of your loved one.
- Intangible damages – Some damages it is difficult to put a price tag on. For example, your family has lost the moral support of the decedent as well as any future guidance they would have provided. There is also the loss of marital relations for the surviving spouse. Additionally, if the decedent experienced pain and suffering prior to death, this should be compensated for as well.
- Property damages – Besides the wrongful death, any property that was damaged in the accident should also be considered.
Compassionate Attorneys for your Wrongful Death Case in Southern California
If you have lost a loved one in a tragic manner, the experienced attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Call 619.344.0360 to get the assistance you need.Read More
When you experience injuries or loss due to the intent or negligence of another party, you deserve to be compensated. However, in order to receive the compensation, you have to file suit within the proper amount of time. If the statute of limitations passes, you won’t be able to seek compensation for damages.
In California, the statute of limitations can vary from case to case, depending on the damages that occur. Here are a few examples of the different timeframe you may have based on the particulars of your case.
- Personal injury – For a general personal injury case, you have two years to file a suit. This would include motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall injuries, dog bites, and the like.
- Property damage – If you are okay, but your property was damaged, you have three years to begin the case. For example, if you were in a motor vehicle accident but were unharmed and are not seeking compensation for medical bills, you can take an extra year to file suit.
- Wrongful death – In the case of wrongful death, the statute of limitations is usually two years. However, you should ask a lawyer about your specific case.
- Medical malpractice – Medical malpractice suits usually only get one year to be filed. Keep in mind that there are special rules in place regarding the current pandemic.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Attorneys in California
Of course, there are other types of cases that may have a shorter or longer statute of limitations. The defendant will impact the timeframe as well. For example, claims against a public entity (for example, a government facility) have a shorter time in which to start the case. Contact the attorneys at Petrov Law Firm by calling 619.344.0360 to learn more about your case.Read More
First of all, if you have found this article because you have tragically lost a loved one in death due to someone else’s negligence, you have our sincerest condolences. This is a terrible time for your family, and we want you to find the compassionate help that you need. With that in mind, we will keep this brief.
Here are the crucial steps in a wrongful death suit and how to get yours started.
- Identify the responsible party – Depending on how the death was caused, the responsible party could be a criminal, a driver, a manufacturing company, an employer, or even a medical professional.
- Determine if you can legally start a case – In California, to bring a wrongful death case, you must be either the spouse (including domestic partners) or child of the deceased. If no one matches that description, then another family member may be able to pursue legal action.
- Hire a wrongful death attorney – Don’t hire just any lawyer. You need someone who is experienced in wrongful death cases to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
Once you hire a competent wrongful death attorney, you can rest assured that the investigation, demand for compensation, lawsuit, or any other necessary steps will be handled within the deadlines given by the state.
Compassionate Wrongful Death Suit Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here when your family needs us the most. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started today, and let our experienced attorneys go to work for you to ensure you receive the maximum settlement.Read More
A wrongful death is a terrible tragedy that can cause untold grief to a family. One minute, a member of your family seems like they will be with you for years to come, and the next, they are gone without any good reason. We are so sorry if your family is dealing with this sort of horrific tragedy.
Unfortunately, you are far from alone. Disasters like this occur every day in southern California. Here are just four of the many types of wrongful death cases that we see all too often, right here in our area.
- Motor vehicle accidents – This can include car accidents, trucks, motorcycles, and even pedestrians or cyclists. Additionally, there are off-road vehicles like ATVs that may lead to a wrongful death.
- Defective products – If safety instructions are not included, or there is a defect in the product itself, the manufacturer may be at fault for a death caused by their product.
- Workplace accidents – Workers need to be properly trained and provided the necessary safety equipment for their job. If these minimum standards are not met, the company is at fault for any deaths that occur on the job.
- Medical malpractice – Patients deserve a particular standard of care. If the minimum standard is not met, compensation is necessary.
The Assistance You Need During Times of Tragedy
Money cannot bring your loved one back or fill the void of their sudden loss. However, you should still get what you deserve to help your family weather the loss, especially if you lost a primary breadwinner. The compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started now.03Read More
One of the places that personal injuries are likely to occur is in the workplace. If you did not receive the proper training or safety equipment from your company, they might need to compensate you for losses, including your medical bills and missed work. What are some of the jobs that lead to the most injury claims in California?
- Animal handling – Whether you work for a vet or walk the dogs of other people, you need to use extra caution because these are some of the highest risk jobs in the state.
- Private courier – From watchdogs to people receiving documents they are not happy about, being a private courier can come with its challenges.
- Wooden item assembly – Using power tools without the proper instruction or safety equipment can be extremely dangerous. Assembling wooden items comes with much greater risks than getting a splinter.
- Caregiving for the elderly – Whether it is in a nursing home or a private residence, caring for older ones can lead to many dangerous situations. In fact, caregivers are at a higher risk for on the job injury than any other part of the workforce in California.
Workplace Accidents and Compensation in California
If you have experienced an injury at one of these or any other type of job in southern California, then contact the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side and when trying to reach a settlement regarding employment injuries. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced lawyer today.Read More
One of the most sensitive situations we work with at Petrov Law Firm is wrongful death cases. If you have lost a loved one in a tragic accident, we want to offer our condolences to you. We also want to let you know that if the death resulted from one of the following accident types, we may be able to help surviving family members receive financial compensation for your loss.
- Car accidents – If the other driver is to blame, you may be able to file for a wrongful death suit.
- Industrial accidents – Whether the death was caused by unsafe working conditions or a lack of proper training, you may be able to receive compensation.
- Product defects – If there was a known defect with a product that was sold or if the instructions for the product failed to explain safe usage, this may lead to a wrongful death case.
- Medical malpractice – From incorrect dispensation of medication to missing an obvious diagnosis, there are plenty of ways that your loss can be directly linked to malpractice on the part of a healthcare professional.
Compassionate Assistance for Grieving Families in Southern California
Of course, there could also be other situations where a company or individual is at fault in a fatality due to negligence or other reasons. Therefore, the best thing to do is to speak to a professional attorney who is experienced with wrongful death cases. To go over your situation with one of the compassionate lawyers at Petrov Law Firm, call 619.344.0360 today.Read More
If you have lost a loved one due to the actions or negligence of another person or company, you have our sincerest condolences. There is nothing more tragic than a life being cut short due to something that should have been avoidable. Here are the most common causes of wrongful death suits:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Whether the offending driver was driving recklessly, distracted, sleepy, or under the influence, many car accident fatalities qualify as a wrongful
- Medical malpractice – Whether medication is dispensed incorrectly, a procedure is performed improperly, or an obvious diagnosis is missed or provided incorrectly, the doctor or medical facility may be at fault.
- Defective products – If a company knew about the defect and failed to provide a recall in time, or the defect was due to negligence in some way, this can qualify as a wrongful death case. It can also be something like a failure on the manufacturer’s part to inform the user of safe practices for the use of the product.
- Work accidents – Whether the accident was avoidable due to poor safety protocols or the company failed to train their employees properly, these foreseeable incidents qualify as a wrongful
Legal Assistance for Grieving Family Members
When you are grieving a loss, you need compassionate assistance from an experienced wrongful death attorney. Petrov Law Firm is southern California’s source for the care you need when tragedy strikes. Call 619.344.0360 to learn how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.Read More
There is nothing more tragic than losing a loved one prematurely due to someone else’s negligence. We’re going to list 6 broad categories of circumstances that constitute wrongful death. If your family has faced one of these situations, you need to find a compassionate lawyer to help you through this difficult time.
- Medical malpractice – Doctors and their staff need to perform the right medical procedures and provide the proper doses of medication to avoid culpability in a patient’s death.
- Auto accidents – Whether the other driver was under the influence of something, driving recklessly, or just plain negligent in driving practices or in maintaining the vehicle, it may qualify as wrongful
- Transportation accidents – Cars are not the only place where a wrongful death can occur. The same holds true when a person travels via plane, train, or bus.
- Product defects – Whether there is something wrong with the product itself or the instructions on how to use it safely, this may qualify as wrongful
- Failure to properly train employees – If an employee is killed on the job because he or she received insufficient safety training regarding a foreseeable danger, the incident may have been preventable.
- Unsafe roadways – Road hazards happen, but what if the hazard is fixable and has been in place for weeks or even months with no warning to drivers. This may qualify as a wrongful death case as well.
Legal Assistance When You Need It Most
If your family is dealing with a tragedy due to one of the circumstances noted above, contact Petrov Law Firm. We provide the compassionate legal assistance that families in Southern California need when calamity strikes. Call 619-344-0360 to speak to someone about your circumstances today.Read More