From car accidents to slip and fall injuries, there are many things that result in a personal injury claim. We are going to look at four types of compensation that you may be entitled to if you have been injured due to the fault or negligence of another person.
- Medical costs – Be sure to track all of your medical expenses. These should be covered by the responsible party.
- Property damage – The classic scenario would be a car accident. In this case, your car is the property that is damaged in the accident, and the repairs should be covered by the at-fault party.
- Lost wages – If you miss work due to the injury or you are no longer able to work, you may receive compensation both for present and future wages that have been lost.
- Pain and suffering – Any additional pain and suffering that you experience as a result of the injury is handled together in this category. It includes things like emotional damages that you have experienced as a result of the accident or injury. In general, the largest part of the settlement covers this category because these are factors that it is difficult to put a price tag on.
Southern California Personal Injury Attorneys
When working on a personal injury settlement, you are usually communicating with a stingy insurance company. Don’t sign anything without the help of a personal injury attorney. Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More
You have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s fault or negligence. Now you see medical bills adding up. This can ruin you financially. What can you do about it? Here are some tips to help you seek the compensation that you deserve for your losses.
- Keep track of all medical bills related to the incident. If someone else was at fault, you might be able to receive compensation through their insurance.
- Don’t sign anything without a lawyer. You may be taking a settlement that won’t even cover your basic expenses. A personal injury attorney can help you understand what you actually deserve.
- Medical bills are not your only loss, so don’t settle for the exact amount of your healthcare costs alone. You may have missed time from work, experienced material loss, or endured additional pain and suffering that you should be compensated for.
- Remember that you can see any doctor you want. You don’t have to stick to in-network doctors to receive compensation. Get the best care you can.
- Be prepared to go to court. While the best option is to seek a settlement, some insurance companies can be unreasonable. In such situations, you may need to go to court to get the compensation you truly deserve. Fortunately, most insurance companies are reasonable once they see you have taken the step of hiring an attorney.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego
To get your case started today, call 619.344.0360 and speak with a personal injury lawyer at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to know the next step to take to receive the reimbursement you need and deserve.Read More
One of the places that personal injuries are likely to occur is in the workplace. If you did not receive the proper training or safety equipment from your company, they might need to compensate you for losses, including your medical bills and missed work. What are some of the jobs that lead to the most injury claims in California?
- Animal handling – Whether you work for a vet or walk the dogs of other people, you need to use extra caution because these are some of the highest risk jobs in the state.
- Private courier – From watchdogs to people receiving documents they are not happy about, being a private courier can come with its challenges.
- Wooden item assembly – Using power tools without the proper instruction or safety equipment can be extremely dangerous. Assembling wooden items comes with much greater risks than getting a splinter.
- Caregiving for the elderly – Whether it is in a nursing home or a private residence, caring for older ones can lead to many dangerous situations. In fact, caregivers are at a higher risk for on the job injury than any other part of the workforce in California.
Workplace Accidents and Compensation in California
If you have experienced an injury at one of these or any other type of job in southern California, then contact the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side and when trying to reach a settlement regarding employment injuries. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced lawyer today.Read More
If you are preparing for a personal injury suit, you may wonder how your pre-existing health problems may affect your case. For example, what if you were in a car accident and hurt your neck, but you’ve already been seeing a chiropractor for neck pain? Will that reduce the size of your settlement? It doesn’t have to! Here are a couple of helpful tips:
- Don’t hide your condition – If it is discovered (and it will be), that will definitely affect your case. You just have to reveal your pre-existing condition in the right way so that it helps your case instead of hindering it.
- Do compare your medical records – Your doctor can show that your condition has grown worse or that something new has developed since your injury. This will show that your current medical bills, missed work, and other losses are related to the accident and not your health condition.
- Do hire a personal injury attorney – An insurance company is going to try to use your condition as an excuse for a lowball settlement. Don’t sign anything without consulting an experienced attorney. Insurance companies rely on the fact that you will be tempted to take a quick handout and go away.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Law Experts
The more factors that can complicate your case, the more important a personal injury attorney becomes. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619.344.0360 to set up a consultation. We can help you to prepare so that you receive the best settlement possible.Read More
A personal injury attorney can help you to reach a better settlement with a corporation or insurance company. However, you have to share the right information with your lawyer to help the case move along quickly and favorably for you. Here are some important questions to answer:
- How were you injured? – From dog attacks to motor vehicle accidents, people suffer injuries in all sorts of ways that entitle them to compensation. The cause of the injury is necessary in order to understand what information will be required to make your case.
- When did it happen? – There are also matters of statute of limitations to consider. Depending on how the injury occurred or even where it happened, you may have a different length of time to make your case. The smart thing to do is always to consult a lawyer right away.
- Was negligence involved? – Whether it was a car accident or a slip and fall, determining fault or negligence is a key to receiving compensation. If it was your mistake, you can’t expect someone else to payout (although in some cases, your insurance will cover your own injuries).
San Diego’s Premier Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in southern California, contact the professionals at Petrov Law Firm to get the assistance you require. Just call 619.344.0360 to schedule a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you to learn if you have a valid cause for compensation and help you gather the needed evidence for your case.Read More
If you are looking for a safe way to provide financially for your family, there may be a few jobs that you want to avoid due to the high-risk. If you’ve already been injured in one of these or other jobs, then you may need assistance to get the compensation you deserve. Let’s look at California’s most dangerous jobs, and then we will tell you where to turn if you do suffer an injury.
- Assembling wooden products – Woodworking results in the use of a lot of high-powered tools. You need proper training, safety guidelines, and equipment that is well-maintained if you are going to avoid injury.
- Animal handlers – From raising animals to taking care of sick animals, one of the most dangerous jobs in the state is working with animals. Especially when sick or injured, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable.
- Courier – From private messengers to delivery services, it can be easy to suffer an injury when you are always around new locations, dogs you don’t know, and have to deal with adversarial situations.
- Working with the elderly – Home care workers and nursing home staff are actually at the highest risk for injury among California’s workforce.
If You Have Been Injured in a Work-Related Accident
If you have been injured on the job, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. We can help you to understand how compensation works and whether your case qualifies. Call 619.344.0360 to get started now.Read More
You may be surprised to learn which careers carry the highest risk of a work injury claim. We’re going to take a closer look at some of California’s most dangerous jobs to see who is at greatest risk for an avoidable work injury according to the California Department of Labor.
- Nursing home staff and home care workers – Who knew it could be so dangerous working with the elderly and infirm? Workers at government-run facilities face the highest risk.
- Woodworking – Assembling wooden products requires a great deal of skill and knowledge of how to use a number of different machines. It also pays to be safety conscious based on the injury claim statistics.
- Messengers – Whether you are a private courier or work for a delivery service you are at risk. However, private messengers face the most injuries. Perhaps this is because private messenger services are often called upon for more dangerous deliveries that may involve adversarial situations.
- Animal workers – Whether you raise animals, slaughter them for food, or try to heal them when they are ill, you are working in one of the most dangerous industries in California. Animals can be unpredictable, and that becomes even more so when an animal is taken from its natural habitat.
Southern California’s Expert Personal Injury Attorneys
Residents of San Diego and the surrounding areas can turn to Petrov Law Firm when work injuries and other personal injuries occur. To get your case started, call our experienced personal injury lawyers today at 619.344.0360.Read More
Not all causes of personal injury are actionable, but there may be times when you can seek compensation for your losses. Here are 5 of the more common reasons for personal injury suits in California.
- Slip and fall accidents – In order for you to be able to make a claim, you have to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner. This means that the owner was negligent in caring for the circumstances that led to your slip and fall.
- Motor vehicle accidents – California is a fault state, so the amount of compensation will depend on whether or not you share some blame for the accident.
- Defective products – If you are injured while using a product properly, you may be able to receive compensation for damages, especially if the manufacturer should have known about the defect.
- Workplace injuries – Whether you perform manual labor or work in an office, accidents can happen. Unsafe work conditions can lead to a personal injury suit.
- Assault – Any time another human injures you on purpose, the results can be jail time for the assailant as well as compensation for the injury caused to you.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Rely On
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned above or in any other way where another person or business was responsible, contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
When someone is injured, you may wonder who should be held responsible for the medical bills and other losses the injured person may have experienced. Let’s see how this question applies to some of the more common ways in which individuals are injured in Southern California.
- Car Accidents – Automotive accident injuries are extremely common and often lead to major medical expenses. However, California is a fault state, so liability is determined by the percent of fault the various parties share.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Whether you slip on wet tile or trip over a run in the carpet, what needs to be determined is whether the property owner caused the issue, knew about the issue, and had enough time to respond to the issue.
- Dog Attacks – Dog bites are probably more common than you think. Children are the most likely to be bitten, so it is vital to monitor the interactions between children and animals. If a dog bite occurs, the owner may be culpable depending on the circumstances.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned in this article, the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have experience in helping the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and dog bites receive a proper settlement. To learn more, schedule a consultation with our conveniently located San Diego and Chula Vista offices today. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More
The NHTSA has released the numbers for 2016 traffic accidents and fatalities. What is the verdict for the state of California? It is officially the most dangerous state to drive in. How bad is it? What are the leading causes of traffic fatalities in California? What is your recourse if you have lost a loved on to such a terrible tragedy?
There are 50 states in the US, which makes California 2% of the nation. However, more than 10% of the fatal accidents in the country take place here. Now it is true that California makes up about 12% of the US population, so that skews the numbers a little. But driving is still one of the most dangerous things you can do in California. Why?
The two biggest dangers for drivers are speeding and distractions. One or both of these elements play into almost every fatal traffic accident in the state. Despite laws banning texting and driving, many still insist they know better. Others have been involved in fatal accidents while using social media and taking photos or videos while behind the wheel.
Compassionate Assistance for Those Who Have Lost a Loved One
If you have lost a family member in such a tragic way, our hearts go out to you. Please call 619-344-0360 to let the compassionate attorneys at Petrov Law Firm help you with your wrongful death suit. Our experienced team can help you to maximize a settlement. We know it won’t bring your loved one back, but we still want to help you to get what you need during your time of loss.Read More