Whether you are in a car accident or you slip and fall, a head injury can cause post-concussion syndrome (PCS). The insidious thing about PCS is that you may not feel that bad after the accident. In fact, you may not even get diagnosed with a concussion if you don’t seek medical attention right away. How can you identify post-concussion syndrome in the days or even weeks following an injury? Here are some of the most common symptoms.
- Headaches – usually tension headaches that could also be related to a neck injury
- Vertigo or dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
- Memory or concentration problems
- Tinnitus – ringing in your ears
- Sensory sensitivities – especially to bright lights or loud sounds
- Blurry vision
The good news is that the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases in California is two years. So even if you discover long-term effects from your accident in the months that follow, you still have time to begin your case and receive compensation.
Of course, you will need to be examined by a doctor to determine if your injuries and symptoms are related to the accident. You can’t just diagnose yourself from a symptoms list. Be sure to track things like medical expenses and missed days of work.
Get the Help You Need for a Personal Injury Case in Southern California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help if you have been injured in an accident in the state of California. Contact our San Diego offices today by calling 619.344.0360, and we will help you to receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
One of the places that personal injuries are likely to occur is in the workplace. If you did not receive the proper training or safety equipment from your company, they might need to compensate you for losses, including your medical bills and missed work. What are some of the jobs that lead to the most injury claims in California?
- Animal handling – Whether you work for a vet or walk the dogs of other people, you need to use extra caution because these are some of the highest risk jobs in the state.
- Private courier – From watchdogs to people receiving documents they are not happy about, being a private courier can come with its challenges.
- Wooden item assembly – Using power tools without the proper instruction or safety equipment can be extremely dangerous. Assembling wooden items comes with much greater risks than getting a splinter.
- Caregiving for the elderly – Whether it is in a nursing home or a private residence, caring for older ones can lead to many dangerous situations. In fact, caregivers are at a higher risk for on the job injury than any other part of the workforce in California.
Workplace Accidents and Compensation in California
If you have experienced an injury at one of these or any other type of job in southern California, then contact the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side and when trying to reach a settlement regarding employment injuries. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced lawyer today.Read More