If you experience a slip and fall injury in the San Diego, how should you proceed? Here are three important steps to take.
#1 Get the Proper Medical Attention
If the situation is an emergency, you may need to call an ambulance. If not, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure the injuries are not worse than you initially thought. Also, if you later begin to experience symptoms like headaches, migraines, vertigo, insomnia, and other indicators of a head injury or whiplash, you should go to the doctor right away.
#2 Document What Happened
You need proof that the injury was the fault of the owner or company. This can be done by taking pictures or video of the scene where the accident happened. You also want to be sure to fill out an injury report if the store or other business has one. Make sure that you get a copy.
#3 Hire a Professional Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from an insurance company. If you have experienced your slip and fall in southern California, then call the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side.
To learn more, call 619.344.0360 today and schedule an appointment at one of our three convenient locations in the San Diego area. We look forward to helping you receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
A trip or a slip can quickly lead to an injury. Whether you just land on a knee or you hit the ground face first, there can be plenty of medical bills or even lost wages due to missed work. What type of information should you gather to help the settlement move along quickly? Here are a few tips:
- Keep track of medical bills, missed days of work, and other expenses that are directly related to the injury. You will need to provide all of these to your personal injury attorney to help the negotiations. Of course, there may also be compensation for indirect effects, which we usually refer to as “pain and suffering.”
- Keep track of the proof that the injury was the fault of the owner. Hopefully, you were able to take some photographic evidence at the scene. Even if you didn’t, be sure to get copies of any accident reports that you had to fill out – most businesses will require this if the accident happens on their property. If you can prove that someone who lives or works there caused the injury or that the owner or employees should have known about the problem and had time to fix it, that proves that at least a measure of negligence was involved.
If You Have Suffered a Personal Injury in the San Diego Area
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm have the experience and professionalism to help you get the settlement you deserve in a personal injury case. To schedule a consultation, call 619.344.0360 now.Read More
The main reason to hire a personal injury attorney is to get help in receiving compensation for your losses when your injury was due to someone else’s negligence. Usually, this means dealing with an insurance company that just wants to pay you the minimum amount that will get you to walk away and leave their client alone.
Here are some of the most common personal injury cases that we see here at Petrov Law Firm:
- Slip and fall injuries – In order to receive compensation in this type of case, it is important to show that the owner had sufficient time to clear the obstruction that caused the fall but failed to do so.
- Car accident injuries – Proving fault is important in California since the percentage of fault determines the percentage of your bills the other driver’s insurance should be on the hook for.
- Dog attack injuries – Dog bites are a surprisingly common personal injury, and if the owner was negligent in some way, you might be able to get compensation for the massive medical bills that can pile up due to a dog attack.
Getting the Right Help for Your Personal Injury Case in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have to try and seek compensation through an individual or insurance company. To get your case started now, call 619.344.0360 and schedule a consultation at one of our three convenient locations.Read More
It is easy to slip and all if you suddenly come upon a hazard that was not readily visible. When someone slips and falls, whether it is on a slippery liquid or due to some other cause, what are the most likely injuries? Here are a few things to look out for.
- Injuries to the face – Unfortunately, when you are caught off guard, it can be tough to get your hands out in front of you. Therefore, you may hit your face and do damage to your nose, mouth, or teeth. Even a concussion may occur.
- Hand and wrist injuries – The natural instinct is to stop your face from hitting the ground. That means throwing your hands or arms out in front of you. Of course, taking all your body weight at once and unexpectedly is not what the arms are designed for. Therefore, hand and wrist fractures often occur.
- Knee injuries – You may not fall all the way to the ground when you slip. If you just land on your knee, it may not be as bad as hitting your head, but it can still lead to injury. It may be something as simple as a scrape or as extensive as internal damage that requires surgical repair.
Slip and Fall Injury Advice from Southern California’s Pro Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to receive compensation. Call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to hire San Diego’s premier personal injury lawyers to help you maximize your settlement.Read More
A slip and fall settlement can be tricky. It’s not like what you see depicted on TV where anyone falls for any reason in a store, and suddenly there is a lawsuit. We have two really important pieces of advice for anyone who has been injured by a slip and fall.
- Don’t wait to start your case – There is a two-year statute of limitations on damages in this sort of case. As long as you have already received any emergency medical care that you required, it is time to get your case started. The longer you wait, the easier it is for a corporate lawyer or an insurance company to try and force you past the deadline.
- Don’t sign anything without going over it with a lawyer – There is usually high pressure for a settlement. The amount of money sounds nice, but you have to sign something right now. Don’t let them pressure you out of the money you deserve. Big companies, including insurance companies, are never being generous. They are trying to pay out as little as possible by enticing you with a fraction of what you should receive for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Southern California’s Trusted Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California as the result of a slip and fall, you may be able to receive compensation. Let Petrov Law Firm help you determine the right amount rather than relying on opposing counsel to cut you a fair deal. Call 619.344.0360 and get your case started today.Read More
We’ve all seen a movie or tv show where a person slips and falls in a store, and the next second, a lawyer is there with a business card saying, “I saw the whole thing. They’re going to pay big for this!” In real life, that’s not how it works. If you slip and fall in a store, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses, such as medical bills. However, there are a few things you should know.
- It has to be the store’s fault – If you are walking in a store and the shopper in front of you spills a coffee and you slip on it, that isn’t the company’s fault. If an employee drops the coffee and walks away and forgets to clean it up, that makes a better case.
- There has to be some kind of evidence – Smartphones are nice because you or someone who was with you can take photos or video proof of the problem that caused your injury while you wait for the medical services to arrive. Be sure to fill out any forms that the store has regarding accidents.
- You are responsible for your own safety – If you slip on mop water when there is a clearly marked wet floor sign, the question arises over whether the owner provided a sufficient amount of care. If the injury is due to your own personal negligence, that will make it tough to get anything in a settlement.
Slip and Fall Injury Legal Advice
If you have been injured in a slip and fall, you should at least get some legal advice to see if you may be able to recover your losses. The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm would be happy to help. Call us today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More
Trip and fall injuries are very common and can easily occur if an unexpected obstacle appears in front of you suddenly and you don’t realize you will have to step higher than normal to clear it. What are some of the more common injuries a person will suffer in this sort of accident?
- Knees – Skinned or scrapped knees can easily occur during a trip. In a more serious fall, you may do structural damage to the knee that could require surgery.
- Hand and wrist fractures – Since the natural inclination is to throw your hands out to stop a fall, this is one of the most common injuries when someone trips. Unfortunately, the bones in the hands and arms may not be strong enough to support your full weight during a fall, and this can result in broken bones that need to be set.
- Facial injuries – If you are unable to catch yourself during a fall, facial injuries can be extensive. This can include damage to the mouth and teeth, nose, or even skull if you land hard enough to sustain a concussion.
What to Do After a Trip and Fall Injury
While waiting for medical attention, it may be a good idea to photograph what caused you to trip, and you can fill out any necessary paperwork at the place the injury occurred. Whether it is uneven pavement, old carpeting, or an item that has been left in a place it doesn’t belong, you may be due compensation for your medical bills and even missed work. Contact Petrov Law Firm today by calling 619-344-0360 to find the personal injury lawyers that San Diego residents can rely on.Read More
Not all causes of personal injury are actionable, but there may be times when you can seek compensation for your losses. Here are 5 of the more common reasons for personal injury suits in California.
- Slip and fall accidents – In order for you to be able to make a claim, you have to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner. This means that the owner was negligent in caring for the circumstances that led to your slip and fall.
- Motor vehicle accidents – California is a fault state, so the amount of compensation will depend on whether or not you share some blame for the accident.
- Defective products – If you are injured while using a product properly, you may be able to receive compensation for damages, especially if the manufacturer should have known about the defect.
- Workplace injuries – Whether you perform manual labor or work in an office, accidents can happen. Unsafe work conditions can lead to a personal injury suit.
- Assault – Any time another human injures you on purpose, the results can be jail time for the assailant as well as compensation for the injury caused to you.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Rely On
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned above or in any other way where another person or business was responsible, contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
When someone is injured, you may wonder who should be held responsible for the medical bills and other losses the injured person may have experienced. Let’s see how this question applies to some of the more common ways in which individuals are injured in Southern California.
- Car Accidents – Automotive accident injuries are extremely common and often lead to major medical expenses. However, California is a fault state, so liability is determined by the percent of fault the various parties share.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Whether you slip on wet tile or trip over a run in the carpet, what needs to be determined is whether the property owner caused the issue, knew about the issue, and had enough time to respond to the issue.
- Dog Attacks – Dog bites are probably more common than you think. Children are the most likely to be bitten, so it is vital to monitor the interactions between children and animals. If a dog bite occurs, the owner may be culpable depending on the circumstances.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned in this article, the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have experience in helping the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and dog bites receive a proper settlement. To learn more, schedule a consultation with our conveniently located San Diego and Chula Vista offices today. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More
A trip and fall accident involves stumbling over something or perhaps not raising the foot high enough to get over the hazard. What types of injuries are common in this sort of accident and what are some of the most common causes in Southern California?
Trip and Fall Injuries
When a person trips and falls, certain parts of the body are more prone to injury. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Face – If caught completely unaware, you may not have the chance to stop yourself from going face first into the ground.
- Fractures in the hand, wrist, or arm – Your first instinct when tripping is probably to throw your arms in front of you stop yourself from hitting your head. This is how most people sustain hand and arm injuries.
- Knee injuries – In a less severe accident, you may not go all the way to the ground. However, landing on one or both knees can still do a lot of damage.
Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents
Here are a few of the common ways that trip and fall injuries occur:
- An item left where it doesn’t belong
- A high door jamb
- An unmarked step up or down
- Uneven concrete or pavement
- Bunched up carpet
What to Do if You Suffer an Injury Due to a Trip and Fall in Southern California
Trip and fall accidents can happen to anyone. If you have suffered an injury and need compensation for medical costs and other losses, please contact the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm by calling 619-344-0360.Read More