A slip and fall injury can result in massive medical bills regardless of whether you are able to block your fall with your arms and legs or your head ends up striking the ground. When you have been injured due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity, you should receive compensation for your losses. Here are a few tips to help you get what you deserve.
- Go to the doctor – Without a diagnosis, you are unlikely to receive any compensation. Remember that the settlement should cover your medical bills, so don’t let the cost of medical care stop you from getting the help you need.
- Gather evidence – Photos of the scene and a copy of the accident report will help to build your case. Remember that you should track your medical bills, missed workdays, and other evidence that you experienced losses due to the injury.
- Contact a personal injury attorney – You are going to be dealing with an insurance company that wants to pay out as little as possible. They will try to get you to admit fault or may engage in other tactics to reduce or eliminate your settlement. A lawyer is necessary to maximize your compensation.
Get the Help You Need After a Slip and Fall Injury in California
Petrov Law Firm has experienced personal injury attorneys to help you with your case in southern California. Contact us today by calling our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 and let us help you get the settlement you deserve.Read More
Whether you are in a car accident or you slip and fall, a head injury can cause post-concussion syndrome (PCS). The insidious thing about PCS is that you may not feel that bad after the accident. In fact, you may not even get diagnosed with a concussion if you don’t seek medical attention right away. How can you identify post-concussion syndrome in the days or even weeks following an injury? Here are some of the most common symptoms.
- Headaches – usually tension headaches that could also be related to a neck injury
- Vertigo or dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
- Memory or concentration problems
- Tinnitus – ringing in your ears
- Sensory sensitivities – especially to bright lights or loud sounds
- Blurry vision
The good news is that the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases in California is two years. So even if you discover long-term effects from your accident in the months that follow, you still have time to begin your case and receive compensation.
Of course, you will need to be examined by a doctor to determine if your injuries and symptoms are related to the accident. You can’t just diagnose yourself from a symptoms list. Be sure to track things like medical expenses and missed days of work.
Get the Help You Need for a Personal Injury Case in Southern California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help if you have been injured in an accident in the state of California. Contact our San Diego offices today by calling 619.344.0360, and we will help you to receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
There are many ways in which the negligence of a person or entity can result in injury to someone. If you have experienced such a personal injury, you are far from alone. What types of injuries may result in a personal injury settlement? Here are a few of the most common situations that arise in southern California.
- Motor vehicle accidents – These can include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, accidents with trucks, and cyclist or pedestrian injuries. The car insurance of the at-fault party should handle the claim, although sometimes there is shared fault involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether it happens in a store or on the sidewalk, someone may be responsible for the situation that led to the slip or trip. If the injury was caused by a public entity (i.e., you were injured on government property), time is of the essence because you only have six months for the time of the injury to make your claim.
- Dog bites – Unless you were trespassing on private property or committing some other type of crime, a dog bite is just about always the fault of the owner. Fortunately, homeowners, renters, and other forms of insurance often cover this type of injury.
Of course, injuries can occur in many other ways. There are work injuries, product defects, medical malpractice, assault, and other common issues that lead to personal harm.
Get Help Making Your Personal Injury Claim in San Diego
There are varying personal injury laws from state to state. If you have been injured in southern California, Petrov Law Firm can help. Call 619.344.0360 today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the state of California, the responsible party should be providing due compensation. What are four factors that will impact the amount of compensation you receive? Here is what you need to know.
- Injuries – The extent of your injuries will play a major role in the amount of the final settlement. You can’t expect the receive the same compensation for a scraped knee as you would receive if you were left with a permanent disability.
- Medical Bills – All of your medical expenses should be covered, even if you had to go out of network to receive care and your health insurance won’t cover it.
- Lost Wages –If you missed days of work or if you are unable to continue at your job because of your injuries, all of your current and future lost wages should be considered.
- Personal Impact – A serious injury can have a bearing on your quality of life from here forward. You should also be compensated for the pain and suffering that will be ongoing. From chronic pain to loss of the ability to enjoy a hobby, there are many ways in which your life could be altered due to a slip and fall accident.
Getting the Help You Need in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to receive a fair settlement for your slip and fall case. Don’t deal with an insurance company on your own. Call 619.344.0360 today and get what you truly deserve.Read More
If you have been injured while in a store, you need to take the right steps in order to receive the proper medical care and to be fairly compensated.
- Call for immediate help if needed. If you don’t think a 911 call is warranted, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure there was no underlying damage that occurred.
- Collect evidence from the scene. This means taking pictures or videos of the site. You also want to get contact information for any eyewitnesses.
- Speak with an employee. You will likely have to fill out an accident report outlining what occurred. Be sure to ask for a copy.
- Track your medical expenses. You can also track lost workdays or other expenses that are related to the injury.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. When you experience an injury that occurs on a store’s property, you are likely going to be dealing with an insurance company. The insurance company’s goal is to pay out as little as possible, so don’t sign anything or accept a settlement without seeking counsel for yourself.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If your injury occurred in southern California, Petrov Law Firm is here to help. Call our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you get what you deserve from an insurance company. Don’t let the corporate suits push you around! Petrov Law Firm is here to help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.Read More
A slip and fall injury often results in a settlement covering medical costs and other losses. However, whether you receive a settlement (and how much) may depend on avoiding the two most common mistakes. Here they are so that you can handle your case the right way and get the compensation you deserve.
- Mistake 1: Letting the statute of limitations expire – In California, you get two years to make a personal injury claim. That gets cut down to six months if it happens on government property. Be sure to start your suit in time so that you don’t miss out on a potential claim.
- Mistake 2: Not hiring an experienced personal injury attorney – You don’t want to go up against an insurance company alone. They thrive on paying out as little as possible to get people to walk away from what they really deserve. You also want an attorney who specifically has experience in slip and fall cases. You can’t just walk into any legal office and get the assistance you need to maximize a settlement.
Get the Help You Need for Your California Slip and Fall Injury Claim
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have experienced an injury due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360. Once we discuss the particulars of the case, we can help you to receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
A slip and fall accident can cause injuries to the legs, arms, or even the face and head. How can you get the settlement you need in order to pay the tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, not to mention making up for any missed work? Here are three tips to help you maximize your payout.
- See a doctor – Without medically documented injuries, you are unlikely to receive anything in a settlement. You have to be able to prove that there are damages in connection with the injury.
- Gather proof – There are many things that can serve as proof in your personal injury case. Take pictures at the scene of the accident if possible. If they are time-stamped with the location embedded, that’s even better. Get a copy of the accident or injury report you filled out at the scene. Gather any medical bills or other expenses you have receipts for that relate to the injury.
- Call Petrov Law Firm – You want to an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner when dealing with an insurance company, which is just about always the case when a slip and fall injury occurs.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, you can find the help you need at Petrov Law Firm. Call 619.344.0360 to get in touch with our experienced team and get started on your personal injury case today. We’re here to help when you need it most!Read More
Imagine this scenario. You hurt your back at work years ago and have sought treatment from doctors and chiropractors. Now, you get into a car accident, and your back is worse than ever. What will this mean for your settlement? Is it going to be less because you had a preexisting condition?
That shouldn’t be the case, especially if the injury occurs in California. Here is a trick that insurance companies or lawyers try to pull along with the regulations that California has put in place to block it.
The “Eggshell Plaintiff” Approach
Eggshells are fragile and break easily. If you have a preexisting condition, the defense may claim you are an eggshell plaintiff. In other words, they argue your preexisting condition could be the real reason you got hurt or that you are just more prone to injury than others. Here’s an example.
Let’s say that you injured your neck skiing a few years ago. Now, you get whiplash in a car accident. The insurance company offers a lowball settlement claiming that you were already injured or that maybe you injure easily and that’s why your neck has been hurt multiple times.
California doesn’t allow this type of reasoning and has demonstrated this in previous rulings. Thus, a personal injury attorney can go to bat for you and remind the insurance company they can’t make claims based on preexisting conditions or the idea that certain people are just more susceptible to injury.
The San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys for You
Petrov Law Firm has the experience to help you maximize settlements or win your case in court if need be. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started right away.Read More
A personal injury case involves damages due to negligence or intent of an individual, property owner, dog owner, or the like. You may experience a car accident, a slip and fall, a bite, or some other type of injury that leads to material loss. Here are some crucial pieces of information that your personal injury attorney will need in order to maximize your settlement.
- How it happened – If the injury was your own fault, it is unlikely you are due any compensation. However, if an individual, business, or public entity was responsible, then you should be able to receive compensation.
- Proof of the damages – Did you fill out an accident report, take pictures of the scene, or are there any eyewitnesses to the event? The more evidence you have, the more likely it is that an appropriate settlement can be reached.
- Direct and indirect losses – You can’t sue if you didn’t lose anything. Losses include medical bills, missed days of work, lack of ability to work, emotional turmoil, and the like. Be sure to track all of your medical expenses, regardless of whether something was covered by insurance or not.
Finding the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here to help you with your California personal injury case. Contact us right away to get your settlement as soon as possible. Just call 619.344.0360 today and schedule a consultation to see if you are eligible to receive compensation.Read More
Injuries happen every day. If you have been injured in southern California, what are the first three things to consider?
- Get the medical assistance you require – In the wake of an injury, it is crucial to seek medical attention immediately. The doctors may notice damage that otherwise would not come to the surface until later on, but early treatment could be crucial to avoiding long-term damage. So even when the injuries do not seem life-threatening, you should still call your doctor right away for an exam.
- Determine who was at fault – How did the injury occur? Whether it was a car accident, a dog bite, or a slip and fall, there is usually a negligent party who needs to be held responsible for any losses that you experience as a result of the injury. Hopefully, you can get some photographic evidence at the scene, but if you were seriously injured, this might not have been possible. In this case, you will want to look for eyewitnesses or other forms of evidence of what happened.
- Get an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side – In most cases, an insurance company pays for a personal injury claim. So it is you against a big greedy corporation to get what you deserve. Therefore, you should get the help of a personal injury attorney so that you have someone fighting for you.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that can help you maximize your settlement. Get the compensation that you deserve from the insurance company. Call 619.344.0360 today to get started!Read More