If you experience a slip and fall injury in the San Diego, how should you proceed? Here are three important steps to take.
#1 Get the Proper Medical Attention
If the situation is an emergency, you may need to call an ambulance. If not, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure the injuries are not worse than you initially thought. Also, if you later begin to experience symptoms like headaches, migraines, vertigo, insomnia, and other indicators of a head injury or whiplash, you should go to the doctor right away.
#2 Document What Happened
You need proof that the injury was the fault of the owner or company. This can be done by taking pictures or video of the scene where the accident happened. You also want to be sure to fill out an injury report if the store or other business has one. Make sure that you get a copy.
#3 Hire a Professional Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from an insurance company. If you have experienced your slip and fall in southern California, then call the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side.
To learn more, call 619.344.0360 today and schedule an appointment at one of our three convenient locations in the San Diego area. We look forward to helping you receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
A trip or a slip can quickly lead to an injury. Whether you just land on a knee or you hit the ground face first, there can be plenty of medical bills or even lost wages due to missed work. What type of information should you gather to help the settlement move along quickly? Here are a few tips:
- Keep track of medical bills, missed days of work, and other expenses that are directly related to the injury. You will need to provide all of these to your personal injury attorney to help the negotiations. Of course, there may also be compensation for indirect effects, which we usually refer to as “pain and suffering.”
- Keep track of the proof that the injury was the fault of the owner. Hopefully, you were able to take some photographic evidence at the scene. Even if you didn’t, be sure to get copies of any accident reports that you had to fill out – most businesses will require this if the accident happens on their property. If you can prove that someone who lives or works there caused the injury or that the owner or employees should have known about the problem and had time to fix it, that proves that at least a measure of negligence was involved.
If You Have Suffered a Personal Injury in the San Diego Area
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm have the experience and professionalism to help you get the settlement you deserve in a personal injury case. To schedule a consultation, call 619.344.0360 now.Read More
The main reason to hire a personal injury attorney is to get help in receiving compensation for your losses when your injury was due to someone else’s negligence. Usually, this means dealing with an insurance company that just wants to pay you the minimum amount that will get you to walk away and leave their client alone.
Here are some of the most common personal injury cases that we see here at Petrov Law Firm:
- Slip and fall injuries – In order to receive compensation in this type of case, it is important to show that the owner had sufficient time to clear the obstruction that caused the fall but failed to do so.
- Car accident injuries – Proving fault is important in California since the percentage of fault determines the percentage of your bills the other driver’s insurance should be on the hook for.
- Dog attack injuries – Dog bites are a surprisingly common personal injury, and if the owner was negligent in some way, you might be able to get compensation for the massive medical bills that can pile up due to a dog attack.
Getting the Right Help for Your Personal Injury Case in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have to try and seek compensation through an individual or insurance company. To get your case started now, call 619.344.0360 and schedule a consultation at one of our three convenient locations.Read More
It is easy to slip and all if you suddenly come upon a hazard that was not readily visible. When someone slips and falls, whether it is on a slippery liquid or due to some other cause, what are the most likely injuries? Here are a few things to look out for.
- Injuries to the face – Unfortunately, when you are caught off guard, it can be tough to get your hands out in front of you. Therefore, you may hit your face and do damage to your nose, mouth, or teeth. Even a concussion may occur.
- Hand and wrist injuries – The natural instinct is to stop your face from hitting the ground. That means throwing your hands or arms out in front of you. Of course, taking all your body weight at once and unexpectedly is not what the arms are designed for. Therefore, hand and wrist fractures often occur.
- Knee injuries – You may not fall all the way to the ground when you slip. If you just land on your knee, it may not be as bad as hitting your head, but it can still lead to injury. It may be something as simple as a scrape or as extensive as internal damage that requires surgical repair.
Slip and Fall Injury Advice from Southern California’s Pro Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to receive compensation. Call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to hire San Diego’s premier personal injury lawyers to help you maximize your settlement.Read More
A slip and fall settlement can be tricky. It’s not like what you see depicted on TV where anyone falls for any reason in a store, and suddenly there is a lawsuit. We have two really important pieces of advice for anyone who has been injured by a slip and fall.
- Don’t wait to start your case – There is a two-year statute of limitations on damages in this sort of case. As long as you have already received any emergency medical care that you required, it is time to get your case started. The longer you wait, the easier it is for a corporate lawyer or an insurance company to try and force you past the deadline.
- Don’t sign anything without going over it with a lawyer – There is usually high pressure for a settlement. The amount of money sounds nice, but you have to sign something right now. Don’t let them pressure you out of the money you deserve. Big companies, including insurance companies, are never being generous. They are trying to pay out as little as possible by enticing you with a fraction of what you should receive for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Southern California’s Trusted Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California as the result of a slip and fall, you may be able to receive compensation. Let Petrov Law Firm help you determine the right amount rather than relying on opposing counsel to cut you a fair deal. Call 619.344.0360 and get your case started today.Read More
We’ve all seen a movie or tv show where a person slips and falls in a store, and the next second, a lawyer is there with a business card saying, “I saw the whole thing. They’re going to pay big for this!” In real life, that’s not how it works. If you slip and fall in a store, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses, such as medical bills. However, there are a few things you should know.
- It has to be the store’s fault – If you are walking in a store and the shopper in front of you spills a coffee and you slip on it, that isn’t the company’s fault. If an employee drops the coffee and walks away and forgets to clean it up, that makes a better case.
- There has to be some kind of evidence – Smartphones are nice because you or someone who was with you can take photos or video proof of the problem that caused your injury while you wait for the medical services to arrive. Be sure to fill out any forms that the store has regarding accidents.
- You are responsible for your own safety – If you slip on mop water when there is a clearly marked wet floor sign, the question arises over whether the owner provided a sufficient amount of care. If the injury is due to your own personal negligence, that will make it tough to get anything in a settlement.
Slip and Fall Injury Legal Advice
If you have been injured in a slip and fall, you should at least get some legal advice to see if you may be able to recover your losses. The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm would be happy to help. Call us today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More
If you have suffered an injury due to a slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries and missed work. However, you need to be able to prove that there is some measure of negligence involved. Here are three proofs to share with your personal injury attorney.
- Someone should reasonably have known about the situation that caused the fall – There are some circumstances that are just accidents. If someone spills a drink right in front of you and you slip on the ice, the owner isn’t responsible. But if the dangerous condition was preexisting and someone at the facility should have known about it, this leads to liability.
- Someone knew about the condition and didn’t fix it – Whether it is a spill, a dangerous break in the sidewalk, or some other situation, if someone knew it existed and failed to fix it, there is negligence involved.
- Someone at the facility caused the circumstances that led to the fall – If the owner or an employee caused the dangerous conditions, this also leads to fault on the part of the company or owner.
If You Have Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident in Southern California
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident in the San Diego area, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. To present the facts of the case to us, call 619-344-0360, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.Read More
If you have fallen in a store or in a public place and suffered an injury, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses or missed work. However, there are a few things that you need to know. Here are two key factors to keep in mind if you are seeking a slip and fall settlement in California.
- The statute of limitations is two years – This means you should be seeking an attorney pretty much immediately after you receive any necessary medical care. As it gets closer to the two-year mark, insurance companies won’t want to pay out as much because they figure they might be able to delay things until you end up getting nothing.
- Don’t sign anything until you have a lawyer – An insurance company may offer a payout to get you to sign something that waives your right to any future compensation. You only get one chance to get a settlement, so it has to cover all of your current and expected future medical expenses as well as any lost wages or future lost wages. Yes, a lawyer gets a cut, be he or she can also get you a much larger settlement.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced lawyers to help you. Operating out of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista, we provide convenient locations to our clients and can help to maximize your settlement. Call 619-344-0360 today to learn more.Read More
This is an important question to answer because you need to know if you are going to be responsible for your medical bills and any work you may miss or if you are eligible to receive some compensation to help you out financially while recovering from your injury. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Your safety is your own responsibility – That having been said, the store owner does have to provide reasonable care. The difference in opinion may be over what is considered reasonable.
- You need proof – Take photographic evidence at the scene, even if you aren’t sure anything will come from your injuries. If the store has injury report paperwork to fill out, do so. Get checked out by a doctor so you have a medical record of your injuries.
- Time usually has to pass to prove negligence – If the person walking in front of you drops a soda and you slip on it, that isn’t the store’s fault. If someone spilled a soda an hour ago and no one has bothered to clean it up, that makes a better case for you.
Get Legal Advice for Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
Before you sign any sort of settlement, be sure to contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. The insurance company is going to want to pay as little as possible. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side is the only way to ensure that you get the full compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation today.Read More
Not all causes of personal injury are actionable, but there may be times when you can seek compensation for your losses. Here are 5 of the more common reasons for personal injury suits in California.
- Slip and fall accidents – In order for you to be able to make a claim, you have to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner. This means that the owner was negligent in caring for the circumstances that led to your slip and fall.
- Motor vehicle accidents – California is a fault state, so the amount of compensation will depend on whether or not you share some blame for the accident.
- Defective products – If you are injured while using a product properly, you may be able to receive compensation for damages, especially if the manufacturer should have known about the defect.
- Workplace injuries – Whether you perform manual labor or work in an office, accidents can happen. Unsafe work conditions can lead to a personal injury suit.
- Assault – Any time another human injures you on purpose, the results can be jail time for the assailant as well as compensation for the injury caused to you.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Rely On
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned above or in any other way where another person or business was responsible, contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.Read More