If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the state of California, the responsible party should be providing due compensation. What are four factors that will impact the amount of compensation you receive? Here is what you need to know.
- Injuries – The extent of your injuries will play a major role in the amount of the final settlement. You can’t expect the receive the same compensation for a scraped knee as you would receive if you were left with a permanent disability.
- Medical Bills – All of your medical expenses should be covered, even if you had to go out of network to receive care and your health insurance won’t cover it.
- Lost Wages –If you missed days of work or if you are unable to continue at your job because of your injuries, all of your current and future lost wages should be considered.
- Personal Impact – A serious injury can have a bearing on your quality of life from here forward. You should also be compensated for the pain and suffering that will be ongoing. From chronic pain to loss of the ability to enjoy a hobby, there are many ways in which your life could be altered due to a slip and fall accident.
Getting the Help You Need in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to receive a fair settlement for your slip and fall case. Don’t deal with an insurance company on your own. Call 619.344.0360 today and get what you truly deserve.Read More
If you have been injured while in a store, you need to take the right steps in order to receive the proper medical care and to be fairly compensated.
- Call for immediate help if needed. If you don’t think a 911 call is warranted, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure there was no underlying damage that occurred.
- Collect evidence from the scene. This means taking pictures or videos of the site. You also want to get contact information for any eyewitnesses.
- Speak with an employee. You will likely have to fill out an accident report outlining what occurred. Be sure to ask for a copy.
- Track your medical expenses. You can also track lost workdays or other expenses that are related to the injury.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. When you experience an injury that occurs on a store’s property, you are likely going to be dealing with an insurance company. The insurance company’s goal is to pay out as little as possible, so don’t sign anything or accept a settlement without seeking counsel for yourself.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If your injury occurred in southern California, Petrov Law Firm is here to help. Call our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you get what you deserve from an insurance company. Don’t let the corporate suits push you around! Petrov Law Firm is here to help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.Read More
A slip and fall injury often results in a settlement covering medical costs and other losses. However, whether you receive a settlement (and how much) may depend on avoiding the two most common mistakes. Here they are so that you can handle your case the right way and get the compensation you deserve.
- Mistake 1: Letting the statute of limitations expire – In California, you get two years to make a personal injury claim. That gets cut down to six months if it happens on government property. Be sure to start your suit in time so that you don’t miss out on a potential claim.
- Mistake 2: Not hiring an experienced personal injury attorney – You don’t want to go up against an insurance company alone. They thrive on paying out as little as possible to get people to walk away from what they really deserve. You also want an attorney who specifically has experience in slip and fall cases. You can’t just walk into any legal office and get the assistance you need to maximize a settlement.
Get the Help You Need for Your California Slip and Fall Injury Claim
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have experienced an injury due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360. Once we discuss the particulars of the case, we can help you to receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
A slip and fall accident can cause injuries to the legs, arms, or even the face and head. How can you get the settlement you need in order to pay the tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, not to mention making up for any missed work? Here are three tips to help you maximize your payout.
- See a doctor – Without medically documented injuries, you are unlikely to receive anything in a settlement. You have to be able to prove that there are damages in connection with the injury.
- Gather proof – There are many things that can serve as proof in your personal injury case. Take pictures at the scene of the accident if possible. If they are time-stamped with the location embedded, that’s even better. Get a copy of the accident or injury report you filled out at the scene. Gather any medical bills or other expenses you have receipts for that relate to the injury.
- Call Petrov Law Firm – You want to an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner when dealing with an insurance company, which is just about always the case when a slip and fall injury occurs.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, you can find the help you need at Petrov Law Firm. Call 619.344.0360 to get in touch with our experienced team and get started on your personal injury case today. We’re here to help when you need it most!Read More
Imagine this scenario. You hurt your back at work years ago and have sought treatment from doctors and chiropractors. Now, you get into a car accident, and your back is worse than ever. What will this mean for your settlement? Is it going to be less because you had a preexisting condition?
That shouldn’t be the case, especially if the injury occurs in California. Here is a trick that insurance companies or lawyers try to pull along with the regulations that California has put in place to block it.
The “Eggshell Plaintiff” Approach
Eggshells are fragile and break easily. If you have a preexisting condition, the defense may claim you are an eggshell plaintiff. In other words, they argue your preexisting condition could be the real reason you got hurt or that you are just more prone to injury than others. Here’s an example.
Let’s say that you injured your neck skiing a few years ago. Now, you get whiplash in a car accident. The insurance company offers a lowball settlement claiming that you were already injured or that maybe you injure easily and that’s why your neck has been hurt multiple times.
California doesn’t allow this type of reasoning and has demonstrated this in previous rulings. Thus, a personal injury attorney can go to bat for you and remind the insurance company they can’t make claims based on preexisting conditions or the idea that certain people are just more susceptible to injury.
The San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys for You
Petrov Law Firm has the experience to help you maximize settlements or win your case in court if need be. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started right away.Read More
A personal injury case involves damages due to negligence or intent of an individual, property owner, dog owner, or the like. You may experience a car accident, a slip and fall, a bite, or some other type of injury that leads to material loss. Here are some crucial pieces of information that your personal injury attorney will need in order to maximize your settlement.
- How it happened – If the injury was your own fault, it is unlikely you are due any compensation. However, if an individual, business, or public entity was responsible, then you should be able to receive compensation.
- Proof of the damages – Did you fill out an accident report, take pictures of the scene, or are there any eyewitnesses to the event? The more evidence you have, the more likely it is that an appropriate settlement can be reached.
- Direct and indirect losses – You can’t sue if you didn’t lose anything. Losses include medical bills, missed days of work, lack of ability to work, emotional turmoil, and the like. Be sure to track all of your medical expenses, regardless of whether something was covered by insurance or not.
Finding the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here to help you with your California personal injury case. Contact us right away to get your settlement as soon as possible. Just call 619.344.0360 today and schedule a consultation to see if you are eligible to receive compensation.Read More
Injuries happen every day. If you have been injured in southern California, what are the first three things to consider?
- Get the medical assistance you require – In the wake of an injury, it is crucial to seek medical attention immediately. The doctors may notice damage that otherwise would not come to the surface until later on, but early treatment could be crucial to avoiding long-term damage. So even when the injuries do not seem life-threatening, you should still call your doctor right away for an exam.
- Determine who was at fault – How did the injury occur? Whether it was a car accident, a dog bite, or a slip and fall, there is usually a negligent party who needs to be held responsible for any losses that you experience as a result of the injury. Hopefully, you can get some photographic evidence at the scene, but if you were seriously injured, this might not have been possible. In this case, you will want to look for eyewitnesses or other forms of evidence of what happened.
- Get an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side – In most cases, an insurance company pays for a personal injury claim. So it is you against a big greedy corporation to get what you deserve. Therefore, you should get the help of a personal injury attorney so that you have someone fighting for you.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that can help you maximize your settlement. Get the compensation that you deserve from the insurance company. Call 619.344.0360 today to get started!Read More
When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses due to the injury. Because the laws regarding personal injuries are so specific, the best way to maximize your settlement is to find an attorney with experience in the precise type of personal injury case you are pursuing.
Here are some examples of personal injury cases so you can hire the right attorney to meet your personal circumstances.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – This doesn’t always mean that you were a driver or a passenger. You may be a pedestrian or a cyclist injured by a driver. Plus, a motor vehicle accident is not the same thing as just saying “car accident.” You could also be involved with a tractor-trailer or a motorcycle. There are many ways that motor vehicle accidents can lead to injuries.
- Animal attacks – Dog bites, in particular, are common in California. Each state has its own laws regarding animal attacks when a pet is involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether the accident occurred in a private home, at a business, or at a public entity (for example, a government building), you need an experienced attorney to help you build a case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in any of these ways in southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced attorneys that you want on your side. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started immediately.Read More
If you trip and fall on the sidewalk, in a store, or anywhere else, there is always the potential for injury. The fact is that most people will put their arms out to protect themselves from a fall. Therefore, the first type of injury you should be on the lookout for is in your hands and arms.
While a broken bone will probably be immediately noticeable, sometimes a hairline fracture can occur. You may feel an ache in the injured bone following the accident. Don’t ignore the pain. It is worth it to get the injury checked out to make sure that there isn’t any severe damage. Remember that the property owner (likely by means of their insurance) should be expected to cover the medical expenses if the accident was due to negligence on the part of the owner, business, or an employee.
At other times, you may not fall hard enough to need to put your hands out. You may simply land on your knees. While scratches are going to be immediately noticeable, you may not identify underlying damage to the knee until later. Again, it is better to get checked out immediately so that unseen damage doesn’t have time to fester and grow worse.
Personal Injury Attorneys in California
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that you want in your corner if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident. Put our experience to work for you so you can maximize your settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to get started right away.Read More
Have you experienced an injury resulting from a public entity? Maybe you first would like a description of what a public entity is in order to be certain. Here are three examples of places or ways you may experience an injury that would qualify as a public entity.
- At a government building (federal, state, or local)
- On roadways operated by federal, state, or local governments
- In an accident involving a vehicle owned by a federal, state, or local government and operated by an employee of such governments
Does this mean you are out of luck because a government agency or employee is involved? Not at all. However, there are a few things that you should know when you seek compensation from a public entity.
- Your statute of limitations is cut to just six months if you are making such a claim in the state of California – the six months begins from the time of the injury
- Claims in California against public entities can include car or bus accidents, medical neglect, school injuries, slip and fall accidents, breach of contract, assault, and several other types of claims – just don’t expect to make a claim if you were injured while breaking the law
- Always hire an attorney before filing a claim with a public entity
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
For a case involving a public entity in southern California, contact Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. Our personal injury attorneys can help you to submit a claim properly and in a timely fashion so you can optimize your compensation. Call 619.344.0360 to get started.Read More