When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses due to the injury. Because the laws regarding personal injuries are so specific, the best way to maximize your settlement is to find an attorney with experience in the precise type of personal injury case you are pursuing.
Here are some examples of personal injury cases so you can hire the right attorney to meet your personal circumstances.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – This doesn’t always mean that you were a driver or a passenger. You may be a pedestrian or a cyclist injured by a driver. Plus, a motor vehicle accident is not the same thing as just saying “car accident.” You could also be involved with a tractor-trailer or a motorcycle. There are many ways that motor vehicle accidents can lead to injuries.
- Animal attacks – Dog bites, in particular, are common in California. Each state has its own laws regarding animal attacks when a pet is involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether the accident occurred in a private home, at a business, or at a public entity (for example, a government building), you need an experienced attorney to help you build a case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in any of these ways in southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced attorneys that you want on your side. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started immediately.Read More
If you trip and fall on the sidewalk, in a store, or anywhere else, there is always the potential for injury. The fact is that most people will put their arms out to protect themselves from a fall. Therefore, the first type of injury you should be on the lookout for is in your hands and arms.
While a broken bone will probably be immediately noticeable, sometimes a hairline fracture can occur. You may feel an ache in the injured bone following the accident. Don’t ignore the pain. It is worth it to get the injury checked out to make sure that there isn’t any severe damage. Remember that the property owner (likely by means of their insurance) should be expected to cover the medical expenses if the accident was due to negligence on the part of the owner, business, or an employee.
At other times, you may not fall hard enough to need to put your hands out. You may simply land on your knees. While scratches are going to be immediately noticeable, you may not identify underlying damage to the knee until later. Again, it is better to get checked out immediately so that unseen damage doesn’t have time to fester and grow worse.
Personal Injury Attorneys in California
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that you want in your corner if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident. Put our experience to work for you so you can maximize your settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to get started right away.Read More
Have you experienced an injury resulting from a public entity? Maybe you first would like a description of what a public entity is in order to be certain. Here are three examples of places or ways you may experience an injury that would qualify as a public entity.
- At a government building (federal, state, or local)
- On roadways operated by federal, state, or local governments
- In an accident involving a vehicle owned by a federal, state, or local government and operated by an employee of such governments
Does this mean you are out of luck because a government agency or employee is involved? Not at all. However, there are a few things that you should know when you seek compensation from a public entity.
- Your statute of limitations is cut to just six months if you are making such a claim in the state of California – the six months begins from the time of the injury
- Claims in California against public entities can include car or bus accidents, medical neglect, school injuries, slip and fall accidents, breach of contract, assault, and several other types of claims – just don’t expect to make a claim if you were injured while breaking the law
- Always hire an attorney before filing a claim with a public entity
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
For a case involving a public entity in southern California, contact Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. Our personal injury attorneys can help you to submit a claim properly and in a timely fashion so you can optimize your compensation. Call 619.344.0360 to get started.Read More
One common location for slip and fall injuries is at a hotel. Whether you slip on a wet floor in the lobby or get caught up on bunched carpeting in a hallway, you may be able to seek compensation for medical expenses and other losses. Here are a few things that you need to remember.
- You have to prove you belonged there – If you sneak onto hotel property and slip by the pool, that’s your fault. But if you have proof that you were staying at the hotel, then the duty of care to keep you safe is on them.
- File a report – The hotel manager can help you submit an incident or accident report (the title may be different depending on the hotel chain, but the idea is the same). Make sure you get a copy of the report.
- Don’t wait to see a doctor – If you are hurt, don’t put off medical care. Get the help you need first and worry about seeking compensation later. Sometimes you may not realize just how injured you are because of the shock, so don’t think you can just walk it off.
- See if there are any witnesses – If so, get contact information from them so you can get in touch later if the case requires it.
- Take pictures – Just about everyone has a smartphone nowadays, so use yours to take some pictures of the scene and what caused the slip and fall.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in or near San Diego, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to get the compensation that you deserve. Call 619.344.0360 to get started today.Read More
A slip and fall injury can be caused in many different ways. When it is due to negligence on the part of a business, organization, or individual, you may be eligible for compensation. This can help you to offset medical bills, missed workdays, or other losses that are related to the injury.
We are going to address a couple of misconceptions that people have about slip and fall claims. This will help you to receive the compensation that you deserve.
- You can take your time making a claim – The fact is that there is a statute of limitations on claims. This limitation on when you can make a claim relates to what you are seeking compensation for as well as who you are seeking it from. The best way to handle a slip and fall injury is to begin your claim as soon as possible.
- You don’t want a lawyer taking a cut – Yes, it will cost you some money to get assistance in making your claim. However, signing off on a lowball settlement is a lot more costly. An insurance company, corporation, or government agency is never going to offer you what you truly deserve. They pick a number that is just high enough to entice you to walk away. You need professional assistance to get what you deserve.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in the San Diego area, choose Petrov Law Firm to represent you. Our experienced attorneys can help you to maximize your settlement. Get started right away by calling 619.344.0360 now!Read More
Each state determines its own statute of limitations laws regarding personal injury claims. In California, how long do you have to make a claim if you want to receive compensation? Here are a few different answers based on the type of settlement you are trying to secure.
- Suing a government agency – Let’s say you experienced a slip and fall accident, and the negligent party was a government agency. This is when you have to take your case to a lawyer as soon as possible. California only gives you six months to go after a settlement when a government organization is the negligent party.
- Property damage settlements – If you are settling a property damage case, you get three years to make your claim. This is common in car accidents and cases of that nature. However, it is important to remember that this only applies to the property portion of your claim. The injury claim will have to be filed faster.
- Personal injury claims – In California, you get two years to file a personal injury claim. This should allow you to tabulate the medical bills and missed work. However, some injuries incur long-term care or the inability to continue a career. Therefore, the settlement may have to estimate your continued future losses.
Personal Injury Settlements in San Diego
If you have experienced loss in southern California due to someone else’s fault or neglect, now is the time to get your case started. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619.344.0360 and let us help you to maximize your settlement.Read More
From car accidents to dog bites and slip and fall accidents to medical malpractice, there are many ways in which a person can be injured due to someone else’s fault or negligence. When this happens, you may experience financial and other forms of loss. How does a personal injury suit seek to provide compensation? Here are several ways:
- Medical expenses – The responsible party should have to cover all of the medical bills that result from the injury.
- Damage to property – If the injury also causes damage to your property (a car, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.), the repair or replacement costs should be included in the settlement.
- Lost work – If you miss work due to the injury, you should receive compensation for the days of work that you missed. If you are no longer able to work, the compensation should include the money you would have made during the rest of your career.
- Pain and suffering – This may include emotional damages that come from the injury. Pain and suffering settlements can often be larger than other more tangible expenses because it is difficult to put a price tag on these types of damages.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
At Petrov Law Firm, we have the experienced attorneys you want in your corner when seeking a personal injury settlement. To get your case started, give us a call at 619.344.0360. Whether you live in San Diego, North County, or Chula Vista, we have local attorneys to provide the assistance you need.Read More
The overwhelming majority of personal injury cases are settled out of court. This is because the insurance company realizes that money is owed. It is just a matter of agreeing on how much. If the insurance company can keep this number as low as possible, they are happy to settle. However, you have to prepare properly if you are going to maximize your settlement.
- Gather evidence of negligence – If you want to receive a settlement, you have to have some evidence that the insurance company’s client is in the wrong. This could take the form of a police report from the scene of a car accident or an accident report filled out at the scene of a slip and fall injury.
- Gather evidence of loss – Keep track of your medical expenses, missed work, and other losses that you experience as a direct or indirect result of the injury.
- Find a personal injury attorney – A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize your settlement by letting you know what types of losses should be included. Also, the insurance company will know that you are not willing to take the bare minimum settlement to walk away, but that you are seeking help to get what you really deserve.
San Diego’s Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have experienced a personal injury in the San Diego area, contact the attorneys at Petrov Law Firm by calling 619.344.0360. We can help to ensure that you receive the compensation that you are owed for your losses.Read More
You may think of a preexisting condition as something that would hurt your personal injury case. For example, if you get whiplash in a car accident but already have a history of neck problems, won’t that affect your ability to get a settlement? Not if you handle it the right way. Here are a few important tips:
- Don’t keep it a secret – If it looks like you have something to hide, then you turn your asset into a liability. If you have a preexisting condition, make it known, but use the info in the right way.
- Have your doctor compare your records – A preexisting condition means test results, x-rays, and the like. Have your doctor compare the progress you were making with your condition to where you stand now following the injury. This can show that your new medical bills are resulting from the injury and not from the preexisting condition.
- Hire the right attorney – If your attorney is telling you to do something shady like hiding your condition, then you are with the wrong guy. Getting caught is a sure way to lose out on the settlement you deserve.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
The personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm have the experience you want on your side when dealing with stingy insurance companies to get a personal injury settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you receive the compensation that is owed.Read More
If you have been injured in a car accident, slip and fall, dog attack, or in any other way that involves the fault of someone else, you need the assistance of a personal injury attorney. Having a lawyer on your side can help you to maximize a settlement, especially when an insurance company is involved. However, your attorney is going to need to understand the case well to go to bat for you, so here are a few questions you can expect.
- How did the injury occur? – This is important because if the injury was due to your own fault or negligence, you might not be due any compensation. However, if the fault is with someone else, or even shared, you may be able to receive a settlement.
- Do you have any proof? – Evidence that the injury was the result of someone’s negligence will help ensure that the case settles faster and for a greater amount.
- What losses have you experienced as a result of the injury? – Losses are usually more than just medical bills. Did you experience material loss? Have you missed work or even lost your job? Will you now have a long-term disability? Was there emotional stress added to the physical pain or damage caused?
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm is here to help if you have experienced a personal injury in southern California. Call 619.344.0360 today to get started on your case so you can receive the compensation you deserve.Read More