You have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s fault or negligence. Now you see medical bills adding up. This can ruin you financially. What can you do about it? Here are some tips to help you seek the compensation that you deserve for your losses.
- Keep track of all medical bills related to the incident. If someone else was at fault, you might be able to receive compensation through their insurance.
- Don’t sign anything without a lawyer. You may be taking a settlement that won’t even cover your basic expenses. A personal injury attorney can help you understand what you actually deserve.
- Medical bills are not your only loss, so don’t settle for the exact amount of your healthcare costs alone. You may have missed time from work, experienced material loss, or endured additional pain and suffering that you should be compensated for.
- Remember that you can see any doctor you want. You don’t have to stick to in-network doctors to receive compensation. Get the best care you can.
- Be prepared to go to court. While the best option is to seek a settlement, some insurance companies can be unreasonable. In such situations, you may need to go to court to get the compensation you truly deserve. Fortunately, most insurance companies are reasonable once they see you have taken the step of hiring an attorney.
Trustworthy Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego
To get your case started today, call 619.344.0360 and speak with a personal injury lawyer at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to know the next step to take to receive the reimbursement you need and deserve.Read More
Depending on the type of personal injury settlement you are seeking, you may need to gather different information. Here’s a short guide to three of the most common types of personal injury cases in California.
- Slip and fall – Through negligence or fault, you need to show that the owner of the property caused your injury. If you have pictures of the site where the injury occurred, this can be beneficial. Be sure to get a copy of any injury report you filled out at the scene.
- Dog attack – Insurance companies pay out millions every year to people who get bit by someone else’s dog. Be sure to keep track of your medical bills or any missed work in connection with the injury.
- Motor vehicle accident – In California, the amount of compensation a person receives is congruent to the degree of fault. If the other driver is 100% at fault, you should be compensated for any and all losses you sustained. However, even if you are 20% at fault, you should still receive 80% from the other driver’s insurance company.
Southern California’s Premier Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured in any of the aforementioned ways, then Petrov Law Firm has an attorney who specializes in providing the help you need. To learn more, contact our offices today at 619.344.0360. We have convenient locations in San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista to schedule your appointments in person. Don’t battle an insurance company on your own – help is just a phone call away.Read More
If you are preparing for a personal injury suit, you may wonder how your pre-existing health problems may affect your case. For example, what if you were in a car accident and hurt your neck, but you’ve already been seeing a chiropractor for neck pain? Will that reduce the size of your settlement? It doesn’t have to! Here are a couple of helpful tips:
- Don’t hide your condition – If it is discovered (and it will be), that will definitely affect your case. You just have to reveal your pre-existing condition in the right way so that it helps your case instead of hindering it.
- Do compare your medical records – Your doctor can show that your condition has grown worse or that something new has developed since your injury. This will show that your current medical bills, missed work, and other losses are related to the accident and not your health condition.
- Do hire a personal injury attorney – An insurance company is going to try to use your condition as an excuse for a lowball settlement. Don’t sign anything without consulting an experienced attorney. Insurance companies rely on the fact that you will be tempted to take a quick handout and go away.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Law Experts
The more factors that can complicate your case, the more important a personal injury attorney becomes. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619.344.0360 to set up a consultation. We can help you to prepare so that you receive the best settlement possible.Read More
A personal injury attorney can help you to reach a better settlement with a corporation or insurance company. However, you have to share the right information with your lawyer to help the case move along quickly and favorably for you. Here are some important questions to answer:
- How were you injured? – From dog attacks to motor vehicle accidents, people suffer injuries in all sorts of ways that entitle them to compensation. The cause of the injury is necessary in order to understand what information will be required to make your case.
- When did it happen? – There are also matters of statute of limitations to consider. Depending on how the injury occurred or even where it happened, you may have a different length of time to make your case. The smart thing to do is always to consult a lawyer right away.
- Was negligence involved? – Whether it was a car accident or a slip and fall, determining fault or negligence is a key to receiving compensation. If it was your mistake, you can’t expect someone else to payout (although in some cases, your insurance will cover your own injuries).
San Diego’s Premier Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in southern California, contact the professionals at Petrov Law Firm to get the assistance you require. Just call 619.344.0360 to schedule a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you to learn if you have a valid cause for compensation and help you gather the needed evidence for your case.Read More
If you experience a slip and fall injury in the San Diego, how should you proceed? Here are three important steps to take.
#1 Get the Proper Medical Attention
If the situation is an emergency, you may need to call an ambulance. If not, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure the injuries are not worse than you initially thought. Also, if you later begin to experience symptoms like headaches, migraines, vertigo, insomnia, and other indicators of a head injury or whiplash, you should go to the doctor right away.
#2 Document What Happened
You need proof that the injury was the fault of the owner or company. This can be done by taking pictures or video of the scene where the accident happened. You also want to be sure to fill out an injury report if the store or other business has one. Make sure that you get a copy.
#3 Hire a Professional Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from an insurance company. If you have experienced your slip and fall in southern California, then call the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side.
To learn more, call 619.344.0360 today and schedule an appointment at one of our three convenient locations in the San Diego area. We look forward to helping you receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
A trip or a slip can quickly lead to an injury. Whether you just land on a knee or you hit the ground face first, there can be plenty of medical bills or even lost wages due to missed work. What type of information should you gather to help the settlement move along quickly? Here are a few tips:
- Keep track of medical bills, missed days of work, and other expenses that are directly related to the injury. You will need to provide all of these to your personal injury attorney to help the negotiations. Of course, there may also be compensation for indirect effects, which we usually refer to as “pain and suffering.”
- Keep track of the proof that the injury was the fault of the owner. Hopefully, you were able to take some photographic evidence at the scene. Even if you didn’t, be sure to get copies of any accident reports that you had to fill out – most businesses will require this if the accident happens on their property. If you can prove that someone who lives or works there caused the injury or that the owner or employees should have known about the problem and had time to fix it, that proves that at least a measure of negligence was involved.
If You Have Suffered a Personal Injury in the San Diego Area
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm have the experience and professionalism to help you get the settlement you deserve in a personal injury case. To schedule a consultation, call 619.344.0360 now.Read More
The main reason to hire a personal injury attorney is to get help in receiving compensation for your losses when your injury was due to someone else’s negligence. Usually, this means dealing with an insurance company that just wants to pay you the minimum amount that will get you to walk away and leave their client alone.
Here are some of the most common personal injury cases that we see here at Petrov Law Firm:
- Slip and fall injuries – In order to receive compensation in this type of case, it is important to show that the owner had sufficient time to clear the obstruction that caused the fall but failed to do so.
- Car accident injuries – Proving fault is important in California since the percentage of fault determines the percentage of your bills the other driver’s insurance should be on the hook for.
- Dog attack injuries – Dog bites are a surprisingly common personal injury, and if the owner was negligent in some way, you might be able to get compensation for the massive medical bills that can pile up due to a dog attack.
Getting the Right Help for Your Personal Injury Case in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have to try and seek compensation through an individual or insurance company. To get your case started now, call 619.344.0360 and schedule a consultation at one of our three convenient locations.Read More
It is easy to slip and all if you suddenly come upon a hazard that was not readily visible. When someone slips and falls, whether it is on a slippery liquid or due to some other cause, what are the most likely injuries? Here are a few things to look out for.
- Injuries to the face – Unfortunately, when you are caught off guard, it can be tough to get your hands out in front of you. Therefore, you may hit your face and do damage to your nose, mouth, or teeth. Even a concussion may occur.
- Hand and wrist injuries – The natural instinct is to stop your face from hitting the ground. That means throwing your hands or arms out in front of you. Of course, taking all your body weight at once and unexpectedly is not what the arms are designed for. Therefore, hand and wrist fractures often occur.
- Knee injuries – You may not fall all the way to the ground when you slip. If you just land on your knee, it may not be as bad as hitting your head, but it can still lead to injury. It may be something as simple as a scrape or as extensive as internal damage that requires surgical repair.
Slip and Fall Injury Advice from Southern California’s Pro Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to receive compensation. Call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to hire San Diego’s premier personal injury lawyers to help you maximize your settlement.Read More
A slip and fall settlement can be tricky. It’s not like what you see depicted on TV where anyone falls for any reason in a store, and suddenly there is a lawsuit. We have two really important pieces of advice for anyone who has been injured by a slip and fall.
- Don’t wait to start your case – There is a two-year statute of limitations on damages in this sort of case. As long as you have already received any emergency medical care that you required, it is time to get your case started. The longer you wait, the easier it is for a corporate lawyer or an insurance company to try and force you past the deadline.
- Don’t sign anything without going over it with a lawyer – There is usually high pressure for a settlement. The amount of money sounds nice, but you have to sign something right now. Don’t let them pressure you out of the money you deserve. Big companies, including insurance companies, are never being generous. They are trying to pay out as little as possible by enticing you with a fraction of what you should receive for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Southern California’s Trusted Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California as the result of a slip and fall, you may be able to receive compensation. Let Petrov Law Firm help you determine the right amount rather than relying on opposing counsel to cut you a fair deal. Call 619.344.0360 and get your case started today.Read More
We’ve all seen a movie or tv show where a person slips and falls in a store, and the next second, a lawyer is there with a business card saying, “I saw the whole thing. They’re going to pay big for this!” In real life, that’s not how it works. If you slip and fall in a store, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses, such as medical bills. However, there are a few things you should know.
- It has to be the store’s fault – If you are walking in a store and the shopper in front of you spills a coffee and you slip on it, that isn’t the company’s fault. If an employee drops the coffee and walks away and forgets to clean it up, that makes a better case.
- There has to be some kind of evidence – Smartphones are nice because you or someone who was with you can take photos or video proof of the problem that caused your injury while you wait for the medical services to arrive. Be sure to fill out any forms that the store has regarding accidents.
- You are responsible for your own safety – If you slip on mop water when there is a clearly marked wet floor sign, the question arises over whether the owner provided a sufficient amount of care. If the injury is due to your own personal negligence, that will make it tough to get anything in a settlement.
Slip and Fall Injury Legal Advice
If you have been injured in a slip and fall, you should at least get some legal advice to see if you may be able to recover your losses. The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm would be happy to help. Call us today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More