When you experience an injury and it is someone else’s fault, you want help getting the compensation that you deserve. After all, compensation is usually going to come from an insurance company with an attorney whose one job is to make sure they pay out as little as possible. What are some of the more common personal injury cases in California, and why should you hire an experienced attorney?
- Slip and fall injuries – Getting your case going well before the statute of limitations is up is the first important step when it comes to a slip and fall accident. Now is the time to start gathering evidence so as to negotiate a settlement.
- Dog bites – Insurance companies payout money on a daily basis for dog bites that occur all across the country. If someone else’s dog has attacked you without provocation, you should at least receive compensation for any medical bills that you incur as a result of the attack.
- Car accidents – As more cars get back on the road, you can expect to see the number of accidents and injuries on the rise again. The COVID-19 pandemic didn’t stop people from driving recklessly, distracted, or just too fast. California is a fault state, so if it is the other driver’s fault, their insurance should be paying out.
Personal Injury Attorneys with Experience in San Diego
If you have sustained a personal injury in these or other ways, you need the help of experienced attorneys to maximize your settlement. Petrov Law Firm is here to help residents of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista. Call 619.344.0360 to get started right away.Read More
Depending on the state that you live in, there can be varying laws that determine the statute of limitations for a personal injury case. For example, here in California, the statute of limitations on personal injury depends on the damages you want to pursue, how they were caused, and by who. Here are a few examples:
- When you experience an injury – You have two years to make a personal injury claim to receive compensation for things like medical bills. So be sure to start your case as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve.
- When your property is damaged – If your claim involves property damage but no injury to yourself, then you get a third year. Remember, though, that you are likely to get better results if you start on your claim sooner rather than later.
- When the at-fault party is a government agency – Now time is really of the essence. You only have six months to bring a claim against a government agency. So be sure to hire a personal injury attorney to get started right away if a government agency is at fault for your losses.
Personal Injury Attorney in Southern California
If you have experienced a personal injury in California, the sooner you get the assistance of an attorney, the better. You can call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to get your case started now. Our experienced lawyers are here to help you get the compensation that you deserve.Read More
From car accidents to slip and fall injuries, there are many things that result in a personal injury claim. We are going to look at four types of compensation that you may be entitled to if you have been injured due to the fault or negligence of another person.
- Medical costs – Be sure to track all of your medical expenses. These should be covered by the responsible party.
- Property damage – The classic scenario would be a car accident. In this case, your car is the property that is damaged in the accident, and the repairs should be covered by the at-fault party.
- Lost wages – If you miss work due to the injury or you are no longer able to work, you may receive compensation both for present and future wages that have been lost.
- Pain and suffering – Any additional pain and suffering that you experience as a result of the injury is handled together in this category. It includes things like emotional damages that you have experienced as a result of the accident or injury. In general, the largest part of the settlement covers this category because these are factors that it is difficult to put a price tag on.
Southern California Personal Injury Attorneys
When working on a personal injury settlement, you are usually communicating with a stingy insurance company. Don’t sign anything without the help of a personal injury attorney. Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More
Depending on the type of personal injury settlement you are seeking, you may need to gather different information. Here’s a short guide to three of the most common types of personal injury cases in California.
- Slip and fall – Through negligence or fault, you need to show that the owner of the property caused your injury. If you have pictures of the site where the injury occurred, this can be beneficial. Be sure to get a copy of any injury report you filled out at the scene.
- Dog attack – Insurance companies pay out millions every year to people who get bit by someone else’s dog. Be sure to keep track of your medical bills or any missed work in connection with the injury.
- Motor vehicle accident – In California, the amount of compensation a person receives is congruent to the degree of fault. If the other driver is 100% at fault, you should be compensated for any and all losses you sustained. However, even if you are 20% at fault, you should still receive 80% from the other driver’s insurance company.
Southern California’s Premier Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured in any of the aforementioned ways, then Petrov Law Firm has an attorney who specializes in providing the help you need. To learn more, contact our offices today at 619.344.0360. We have convenient locations in San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista to schedule your appointments in person. Don’t battle an insurance company on your own – help is just a phone call away.Read More
Every year there are millions of Americans who get bit by dogs. Many of the bites that occur involve children. A few reminders on how to deal with strange dogs or even how to properly care for dogs at home may help protect your family.
- Get your family pets spayed or neutered – Most dog attacks are committed by animals that have not been spayed or neutered, so be sure to take care of this for your family pets.
- Avoid contact with dangerous breeds that are known for attacks – Most people recognize the dangers that are associated with pit bulls. German shepherds are another dog to watch out for when it is someone else’s dog. They are known to protect their own families.
- Don’t go near a chained dog – The dog is on a chain for a reason. Teach your children that they should not even approach a dog that is on a chain. One-quarter of fatal dog attacks involved animals that are chained up.
If you or a loved one has been bitten by someone else’s dog, be sure to get the contact information for the owner and the vet. Once any medical danger has passed, it is time to call a personal injury attorney to see if any compensation may be available.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills or other damages. In fact, in 2018 alone, insurance companies paid out approximately $675 million dollars in claims for dog bites. To get your case started, call 619.344.0360 today.Read More
When you suffer an injury due to someone else’s intent or negligence, you want a good personal injury lawyer on your side. How can you find someone with the right experience for you? Consider some of the following common personal injuries that we specialize in at Petrov Law Firm.
- Motor vehicle accidents – When you are in a car accident in California, the courts will want to determine fault in order to know whose insurance should be footing the bill. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to maximize an out of court settlement or help you win damages in the courtroom.
- Slip and fall injuries – When you slip and fall, you need to provide the right evidence that it was the fault of the owner or that there was sufficient time for the issue that caused the fall to have been corrected. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to gather the evidence you need.
- Dog attacks – Dog bites are shockingly common in California. If you have been attacked by someone else’s dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills. Since there are various factors in play, you will want an experienced dog attack attorney to review the case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, contact the personal injury professional at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side when you are dealing with difficult insurance companies to try and achieve the best possible settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to schedule an appointment now.Read More
Millions of dog bites occur every year across America. While there are many other more present dangers, you still want to remind your family of how to act around dogs to avert disaster. Here are a few important tips.
- Avoid dogs that are chained up – The owner has the dog chained for a reason. It is probably a watchdog and is very dangerous. In fact, 25% of dog attacks that turn fatal occur when a chained dog is provoked.
- Watch out for dangerous breeds – Pit bulls are the most well-known biters. However other breeds can also be very protective, especially German shepherds.
- Always neuter or spay family pets – It is far more common for animals that have not been neutered or spayed to bite.
- Compensation may be available – If a family member receives an injury from someone else’s dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills. Insurance companies paid out more than $500,000,000 in 2017 for dog bite claims. You just need help in order to receive the maximum settlement that you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyers in Southern California
If you or a member of your family has been injured by some else’s dog, give the dog bite lawyers at Petrov Law Firm a call at 619.344.0360. We can help keep the insurance company honest and make sure that they are offering everything that you deserve. From medical bills and missed wages to pain and suffering, we can help you calculate the right settlement.Read More
In the US, there are about 90 million dogs in peoples’ homes as pets. So with that many dogs around people all of the time, you may not be surprised to find out that there are about 4.5 million dog bites each year. While most people do not require medical attention following a bite, about 1 in 5 will.
If you are bitten by a dog, here is a quick guide to getting the proper help:
- Acquire contact info from the owner. If you cannot verify that the dog has received the proper vaccinations, you will require rabies inoculation.
- Use soap and water to clean the bite area thoroughly. This will help to prevent an infection from occurring.
- If a serious injury has occurred and you cannot care for your own injuries or reach a medical facility on your own, call 911. For less serious injuries, you may call your doctor and ask for advice on whether a trip to the ER is needed.
- Contact the veterinarian who treats the dog directly. Don’t take the owner’s word for it that the pet is up to date on immunizations.
- Keep track of any medical bills you accrue or work you may have missed due to the injury and bring this information with you to your personal injury lawyer.
Dog Bite Attorney in San Diego, California
The attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are experts in the law when it comes to injuries due to dog attacks. If you have been injured by a dog bite, contact us today at 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
If you have children, it is important to teach them safety around dogs, even if your family has a docile pet in the home. According to Canine Journal, Americans are twice as likely to be killed by a bee as a dog, and 20 times more likely to be killed by a gun, but that doesn’t mean you should be unprepared. Here are some facts about dog bites that can help you teach your children.
- In 25% of fatal dog attacks, the dog is chained up. That makes it vital to instruct your children not to approach chained dogs. The chain is there for a reason.
- While pit bulls have a terrible reputation as being the most dangerous breed, there are other dog breeds that are known to bite. Another common breed is German shepherds, which can be very protective.
- Most dogs that bite have not been neutered or spayed, so always have the family pet fixed to reduce the risks.
- Insurance companies paid out over half a billion dollars in claims due to dog bites in 2017 alone, so if you suffer an injury from someone else’s dog, you may be able to seek compensation.
If You or a Family Member Has Been Injured in a Dog Attack
If you or a loved one have been injured by a dog, you need the help of the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Medical bills can really add up after a dog bite, and the owner’s insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances. To see if you should pursue a settlement, contact us today at 619-344-0360.Read More
When someone is injured, you may wonder who should be held responsible for the medical bills and other losses the injured person may have experienced. Let’s see how this question applies to some of the more common ways in which individuals are injured in Southern California.
- Car Accidents – Automotive accident injuries are extremely common and often lead to major medical expenses. However, California is a fault state, so liability is determined by the percent of fault the various parties share.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Whether you slip on wet tile or trip over a run in the carpet, what needs to be determined is whether the property owner caused the issue, knew about the issue, and had enough time to respond to the issue.
- Dog Attacks – Dog bites are probably more common than you think. Children are the most likely to be bitten, so it is vital to monitor the interactions between children and animals. If a dog bite occurs, the owner may be culpable depending on the circumstances.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned in this article, the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have experience in helping the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and dog bites receive a proper settlement. To learn more, schedule a consultation with our conveniently located San Diego and Chula Vista offices today. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More