When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses due to the injury. Because the laws regarding personal injuries are so specific, the best way to maximize your settlement is to find an attorney with experience in the precise type of personal injury case you are pursuing.
Here are some examples of personal injury cases so you can hire the right attorney to meet your personal circumstances.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – This doesn’t always mean that you were a driver or a passenger. You may be a pedestrian or a cyclist injured by a driver. Plus, a motor vehicle accident is not the same thing as just saying “car accident.” You could also be involved with a tractor-trailer or a motorcycle. There are many ways that motor vehicle accidents can lead to injuries.
- Animal attacks – Dog bites, in particular, are common in California. Each state has its own laws regarding animal attacks when a pet is involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether the accident occurred in a private home, at a business, or at a public entity (for example, a government building), you need an experienced attorney to help you build a case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in any of these ways in southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced attorneys that you want on your side. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started immediately.Read More
Car accidents often result in injuries as well as property damage. How can you be sure that you are getting a fair settlement from the auto insurance company? First of all, don’t fall for these three myths:
- Myth 1: The Insurance Company Will Offer You a Fair Settlement – Insurance companies are businesses, not philanthropists. They will offer you the bare minimum to get you to walk away, so they don’t have to pay what you really deserve. The first offer is never fair. It’s just business.
- Myth 2: I Don’t Need an Attorney – First of all, myth number one helped debunk the idea that the insurance company is on your side. If you also decide to forgo having a lawyer, then you are truly on your own and are unlikely to get a fair settlement.
- Myth 3: Any Attorney Can Help Me Get a Good Settlement – Traffic laws are always changing, so you need an attorney who is experienced with traffic law. You also want an attorney who is used to going up against insurance companies. Finally, you want a lawyer who knows the laws in your particular state since these regulations can vary greatly.
Southern California Car Accident Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a car accident in southern California, then you want the experience of Petrov Law Firm in your corner. Our personal injury attorneys can help you to maximize your settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started.Read More
Motor vehicle accidents are shockingly common and occur for many reasons. Driving too fast, being distracted, or getting behind the wheel while sleepy or under the influence can all lead to serious injuries or even loss of life. However, even when you are a safe driver, there are still conditions that can make a car accident more likely. Here are a few times to use extra caution.
- Driving in a construction zone – There is a good reason that speed limits are reduced in a construction zone. Workers are present, there are construction vehicles, there could be debris in the road – you have to be as careful as possible.
- Driving after dark – Switching between high and low beam headlights is an essential part of staying safe after dark. You need maximum visibility without blinding oncoming traffic. Depending on the area you are driving, you may also need to be on the lookout for wildlife, which tends to be more active at night.
- Driving in poor weather conditions – Fog, rain, and other poor weather conditions can make driving more difficult. You have to drive slower when you don’t have as much visibility or when the road conditions make it tougher to stop.
If You Have Been Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in southern California, you need the assistance of the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Call 619.344.0360 today to get the help you need when dealing with a car insurance company.Read More
Public service announcements regarding distracted driving are not new in the state of California. The latest initiative encourages motorists to “Put Down Your Phone. Just Drive.” The effects of distracted driving can change lives in an instant. From serious injuries to fatalities, it is difficult to imagine how anyone continues to drive while using a phone in an illegal manner.
However, for those who just haven’t gotten the point yet, they may soon start to get a different kind of point – the ones that go on your license and lead to increased insurance fees. That’s right, in 2021, California is going to start applying points to distracted driving infractions if more than one occurs in a 36-month period. Each infraction will add another point, and those can add up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year in insurance premiums.
Will hitting drivers in the wallet finally encourage them to put down the phone and just drive? Only time will tell. But for now, it is just a reminder of how dangerous distracted driving can be and how important it is to quit this bad habit.
If You Have Been Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident
Petrov Law Firm is here for you if you have been injured in an accident with a distracted driver. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started. We have the experience you need when going up against an auto insurance company to get the settlement that you deserve.Read More
Each state determines its own statute of limitations laws regarding personal injury claims. In California, how long do you have to make a claim if you want to receive compensation? Here are a few different answers based on the type of settlement you are trying to secure.
- Suing a government agency – Let’s say you experienced a slip and fall accident, and the negligent party was a government agency. This is when you have to take your case to a lawyer as soon as possible. California only gives you six months to go after a settlement when a government organization is the negligent party.
- Property damage settlements – If you are settling a property damage case, you get three years to make your claim. This is common in car accidents and cases of that nature. However, it is important to remember that this only applies to the property portion of your claim. The injury claim will have to be filed faster.
- Personal injury claims – In California, you get two years to file a personal injury claim. This should allow you to tabulate the medical bills and missed work. However, some injuries incur long-term care or the inability to continue a career. Therefore, the settlement may have to estimate your continued future losses.
Personal Injury Settlements in San Diego
If you have experienced loss in southern California due to someone else’s fault or neglect, now is the time to get your case started. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619.344.0360 and let us help you to maximize your settlement.Read More
From car accidents to dog bites and slip and fall accidents to medical malpractice, there are many ways in which a person can be injured due to someone else’s fault or negligence. When this happens, you may experience financial and other forms of loss. How does a personal injury suit seek to provide compensation? Here are several ways:
- Medical expenses – The responsible party should have to cover all of the medical bills that result from the injury.
- Damage to property – If the injury also causes damage to your property (a car, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.), the repair or replacement costs should be included in the settlement.
- Lost work – If you miss work due to the injury, you should receive compensation for the days of work that you missed. If you are no longer able to work, the compensation should include the money you would have made during the rest of your career.
- Pain and suffering – This may include emotional damages that come from the injury. Pain and suffering settlements can often be larger than other more tangible expenses because it is difficult to put a price tag on these types of damages.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
At Petrov Law Firm, we have the experienced attorneys you want in your corner when seeking a personal injury settlement. To get your case started, give us a call at 619.344.0360. Whether you live in San Diego, North County, or Chula Vista, we have local attorneys to provide the assistance you need.Read More
California drivers could get a ticket if they fall prey to certain driving distractions, like checking and replying to a text message. Other distractions may not necessarily be a violation but could certainly result in an accident. Here are a few tips to help you avoid distractions while behind the wheel.
- Put your phone on Do Not Disturb mode – Most phones or operating systems have a Do Not Disturb mode that you can easily set when you get in the car and turn off when you arrive at your destination. Some devices can even send an automated message to people who call or text while you are behind the wheel. Just remember that your phone can’t tell the difference between you being a driver or passenger.
- Let your passenger have control – If someone else is in the car with you, let them navigate and DJ for your trip. This will keep you from being distracted by the GPS or the radio.
- When you drive, just drive – From eating to applying makeup, there are so many things that people do behind the wheel that take away attention from the road. No matter how many times you may have done it in the past, don’t let this be the time it results in an accident.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident by a distracted driver, you deserve compensation for medical bills, lost work, and more. Let the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm help you to maximize your settlement. Just call 619.344.0360 today to get started.Read More
When a massive 18-wheeler gets into an accident with a much smaller motor vehicle, it never goes well for the other driver. Fortunately, there are governing organizations such as FMCSA that produce guidelines to help tractor-trailer drivers perform their duties as safely as possible. On the other hand, COVID-19 has placed a strain on the transport industry, with many deliveries falling behind schedule and many products being in short supply.
Therefore, the FMCSA has produced a waiver in response to the national health emergency. This allows drivers to take some liberties with the rules if they are transporting essential supplies. Unfortunately, that could lead to some potential dangers. The pros and cons of such an action have been weighed, and it was deemed necessary to make these temporary adjustments (which currently expire on September 30, 2020).
It is impossible to stop all truck accidents, no matter what rules are in place or how they are enforced. Thus, some drivers will need to take advantage of the compensation provided through insurance companies when accidents lead to injuries and other forms of loss. That is when you need the help of an experienced personal injury attorney from your state.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
The personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego are here to help if you have experienced an accident with a truck driver. Call 619.344.0360 today to get your case started, and let us help you to maximize your settlement.Read More
Over the past seven years, the number of drivers who are killed by drowsy driving has increased nearly ten times, according to the CDC. As much as 3% of all accidents may be related to a sleepy driver. It equates to tens of thousands of injuries on an annual basis. Why is it so dangerous to get or stay behind the wheel when your body needs sleep? Here are three reasons:
- Reaction Time – Being tired reduces how fast you can react to sudden changes in circumstances, a need that often arises when driving. In fact, being drowsey affects reaction time in a similar way to being under the influence of alcohol.
- Attention Span – Sleepiness affects attention span, and that is something that enough of us already have trouble with while driving. From talking with passengers to eating to smoking to checking a smartphone to putting on makeup, there are so many things that could potentially distract someone while driving a car (some less legal than others). You don’t need to shorten your attention span further by also being tired.
- Decision Making Ability – You can’t make good decisions when your body needs sleep. Sleeping is how the brain recovers. Since driving requires good decision making, being tired behind the wheel is extremely dangerous.
Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured by a drowsy driver or anyone else who is at fault, then you need to get the right help so that you can receive compensation from the person’s insurance company. Before you sign anything, call the professionals at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you get what you really deserve from an insurance settlement. Dial 619.344.0360 to get started today.Read More
The overwhelming majority of personal injury cases are settled out of court. This is because the insurance company realizes that money is owed. It is just a matter of agreeing on how much. If the insurance company can keep this number as low as possible, they are happy to settle. However, you have to prepare properly if you are going to maximize your settlement.
- Gather evidence of negligence – If you want to receive a settlement, you have to have some evidence that the insurance company’s client is in the wrong. This could take the form of a police report from the scene of a car accident or an accident report filled out at the scene of a slip and fall injury.
- Gather evidence of loss – Keep track of your medical expenses, missed work, and other losses that you experience as a direct or indirect result of the injury.
- Find a personal injury attorney – A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize your settlement by letting you know what types of losses should be included. Also, the insurance company will know that you are not willing to take the bare minimum settlement to walk away, but that you are seeking help to get what you really deserve.
San Diego’s Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have experienced a personal injury in the San Diego area, contact the attorneys at Petrov Law Firm by calling 619.344.0360. We can help to ensure that you receive the compensation that you are owed for your losses.Read More