If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, a slip and fall, a dog attack, or in some other preventable way, the most important thing to do is to get the proper medical care. However, you may find that the bills are starting to pile up. Maybe the injuries were more extensive than you thought at first, or perhaps you were taken to a facility that this not covered by your insurance due to the location of the accident.
So how can you handle the medical expenses? The number one thing is to track all of the expenses closely. These bills prove that you experienced damages as the result of the accident. Now, it is time to hire a personal injury attorney in the state where the injuries occurred. This is vital because you will most likely be dealing with an insurance company.
Insurance companies hire people who are very friendly and charismatic as their adjusters. This gives you the sense that they are working for you and trying to get you the best payout possible to cover your losses. But remember: the adjuster works for the insurance company. Their job is to pay out as little as possible, so you should have someone who knows the law helping you to get what you truly deserve.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
At Petrov Law Firm, we are committed to helping our clients receive the proper compensation for their losses. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to have an experienced attorney handle your settlement.Read More
If a cyclist is struck by a motor vehicle and injured, is it possible to receive compensation? The short answer is yes. In California, however, compensation is based on fault. Therefore, you will want to know the tips in this article for maximizing your settlement from the insurance company.
- Get a copy of the accident report – This is especially important if the report reveals that the driver was distracted or was breaking a traffic law when the accident occurred.
- Never admit guilt – Don’t apologize to anyone or admit to having done anything wrong. Hire a personal injury attorney and let your attorney handle all of the communication with the insurance company or anyone else who wants to discuss the accident.
- Gather your medical bills – You need to prove you experienced losses. Medical bills are the most obvious and tangible loss. Don’t forget to track missed workdays or sick days you had to use as a result of the injuries.
- You will want an attorney – Don’t let anyone convince you it is too expensive. The real expense is in accepting whatever the insurance company gives you instead of what you should really receive. Plus, an attorney can help ensure you receive partial compensation even if the accident was partly your fault.
Cycling Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in the San Diego area, contact Petrov Law Firm. Our experienced attorneys can help you to deal with the insurance company so that you get what you really deserve. Call 619.344.0360 today to learn more.
If you have walked away from a motor vehicle accident without any major injuries, you are very lucky. However, you should still see a doctor just to get checked out. This is true even after an accident that didn’t seem so bad. The fact is that you can end up with whiplash from a minor fender bender, and that neck soreness may be your only symptom for now, but things can change in the days, weeks, or even months after an accident.
You should be especially alert to changing symptoms if you hit your head or if your neck got whipped around fast enough to have caused a concussion. Go back to the doctor immediately if you begin to experience any of these symptoms:
- Chronic daily headaches or migraines
- Vertigo, dizziness, or lightheadedness
- Mood changes such as sudden irritability
- Concentration or memory issues
- Difficulty sleeping
- Blurry vision
- Ringing in the ears
- New sensitivity to light or sound
Fortunately, California allows you to file a case up to two years after most personal injuries, so you don’t have to worry your medical bills will pile up without compensation. You should, however, start your case as soon as you can by hiring a personal injury attorney in the state.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
Contact Petrov Law Firm today to get your case started if you have been injured in southern California. Just call 619.344.0360, and one of our experienced lawyers will help you to maximize the settlement you receive from the car insurance company.Read More
When an individual, business, or public entity causes harm to someone through negligence, compensation is due. This compensation can cover medical bills and other losses, both tangible and intangible. What are some things that you should know if you have been injured in this way?
- If you have experienced any damages at all, you should start a case – Don’t let anyone tell you that your injuries are not extensive enough. Even if your injuries are minor, you could have medical bills. Plus, if you missed any work, you need to be compensated for that. You may even be dealing with emotional trauma due to the accident, such as PTSD.
- Don’t rely on the insurance company to compensate you fairly – The insurance adjuster will be very friendly with you, but they are always on the side of their client. Their job is to pay you as little as possible.
- Don’t sign anything until you consult an attorney – Signing an agreement or accepting compensation may stop you from being able to receive any further compensation in the future, so you want your attorney to go over anything before you sign it.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
Petrov Law Firm has experienced attorneys you can trust if you have suffered an injury in southern California. Whether your injury is from a car accident, dog bite, or slip and fall, we can help you to obtain the compensation you are due. Contact us today by calling 619.344.0360 and let us help you maximize your settlement.Read More
If you have experienced an injury due to the negligence of an individual, business, or public entity, you need the support of a personal injury attorney. Here are some essential reasons to hire an attorney rather than trying to negotiate a settlement yourself.
- Your attorney can help you to understand your legal rights – Some things deserve compensation, and others do not. Your attorney can help you to know whether you have a legitimate case.
- A personal injury attorney can review the case with you – This will help you to understand what types of compensation you qualify for and what you will need in order to provide someone else was at fault.
- You don’t want to deal with the insurance company yourself – Personal injury settlements are usually paid out by an insurance company. No matter how friendly the insurance agent sounds, their job is to pay out as little as possible. Your lawyer will help you get what you really deserve.
- Your lawyer will help you review the settlement offer – This will allow you to determine if it is a reasonable offer that you should accept or whether you may want to pursue things in court. Additionally, the settlement may be able to be negotiated out of court.
The Right Personal Injury Attorney in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury lawyers you want in your corner when going up against an insurance company. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started, and let us help you to maximize your settlement.Read More
In the state of California, you never want to be the one at fault in a motor vehicle accident because this is a tort state. However, you have an even better reason to drive as safely as possible. You want to protect your family and others both in your vehicle and in others on the road. Here are a few safe driving tips.
- Follow the laws of the road – These laws are in place to protect drivers and passengers. One of the most vital laws to obey is the speed limit. The worst accidents and injuries occur when one or more drivers are moving at high speeds.
- Don’t drive angry – Road rage is responsible for many unsafe driving behaviors. Even if another driver cuts you off, drives too close, or flies by at high speeds, you need to think about what is best for the people in your car. That means remaining calm and continuing following the traffic laws to the best of your ability.
- Remove distractions – There are so many things that can distract a driver. The fewer distractions you allow for yourself, the more you can stay focused on the road. While your phone is the worst distraction, but there are many other things to avoid doing while driving.
When You Have Been Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident
Petrov Law Firm is here to help car accident injury victims in southern California. Contact our San Diego office today at 619.344.0360 and get in touch with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.Read More
If you have experienced a car accident in the state of California, you need to understand the rules that apply. This is true whether you are a resident or were on vacation. Here are three essentials when it comes to receiving proper compensation after a car accident in California.
- California is a tort state – This means that the insurance of the at-fault driver is on the hook for the settlement. If you are from out of state, this may be new to you since many US states are no-fault states (meaning that each driver’s insurance covers their own liability regardless of who was at fault).
- Any lawsuits filed must be in the state of California – Again, this means that all California state laws apply. You need to know what the statute of limitations is for your type of accident so that you don’t wait too long to make a claim.
- You need a California attorney – This is true in any state. You need an attorney who can practice in the state where your case is. And that makes sense because laws are different from state to state, so a local attorney is going to know best anyway.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
For experienced attorneys in southern California, car accident victims choose Petrov Law Firm. Our lawyers can help you to get what you really deserve from the insurance company. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started right away!Read More
When you are injured due to the negligence of an individual, corporation, or public entity, you are likely to be dealing with an insurance company to receive a settlement to recoup your losses. Unfortunately, as much as you would hope for the insurance company to treat you fairly, they are more likely to side with their client and try to protect their own money. That’s why you may need a personal injury attorney if you have been injured in any of the following ways.
- Car accidents – This is the most common cause of personal injury cases. Remember that California is a tort state, so if the other driver was at fault, their insurance should be paying. Even if the fault is split, they should be providing a settlement for half of your losses.
- Trip and fall injuries – If the trip or slip was due to negligence on the part of an owner or employee, you should be compensated for the damages.
- Dog attacks – Unless you were trespassing on private property, the owner is always at fault for dog attacks in California. Usually, homeowners’ or renters’ insurance covers liability in this case.
These aren’t the only ways you can end up needing to file a personal injury suit, but they are certainly some of the most common reasons.
San Diego Personal Injury Lawyers
If the accident, injury, or attack took place in southern California, contact Petrov Law Firm today. Just call 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney at our San Diego office today!Read More
In southern California, it is almost always the perfect weather for riding a bike. It is a great way to commute to work and beat the traffic. Cycling is also a healthy way to get some exercise. We want to provide some tips to help you ride safely, whether you live in a city or a suburb.
- Keep to the right – The only times a cyclist should move out toward the left part of the lane are when passing a fellow cyclist or when making a left-hand turn. Be sure to use proper hand signals to let drivers know you are turning.
- Use a bike lane if one is present – These are provided to protect you from drivers.
- Always wear proper protective gear – Even if you are over 18 and it is not a matter of the law, you still want to wear a helmet. In case of an accident, a helmet could save your life.
- Watch out for pedestrians – Cyclists have to follow the same laws as drivers. You should always yield the right of way to pedestrians, especially if there is a crosswalk.
- Have all the legal lighting and reflectors – Besides what is required by law, you may want to add even more lighting and reflective surfaces to increase your visibility.
If You Have Been Injured in a Cycling Accident
Petrov Law Firm can help cyclists who have been injured in southern California. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to learn how we can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from the insurance company.Read More
Riding a motorcycle is a great way to get around Californian cities, especially when there is a lot of traffic. Here are a few tips to help you get where you are going as safely as possible.
- Beware of drivers – Many drivers are not good at sharing the road with motorcycles. There are also a lot of distracted drivers. It’s not fair for the burden to be on you, but the fact is that when a car and a motorcycle get into an accident, it doesn’t matter who is right or wrong. The consequences will be far worse for the cyclist.
- Wear the proper protective equipment – In a minor accident, the right helmet and clothing can protect you from serious harm or even save your life.
- Be modest – If you are a new rider, don’t go beyond your limitations. Always follow traffic laws and don’t try to do anything you are not 100% sure you are able to handle.
- Stay visible – Whether it is keeping the lights on your vehicle in good order or wearing something reflective on your clothes/helmet, anything you can do to increase your visibility could be lifesaving.
- Never ride if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription medications that could affect your ability to ride safely).
Getting Help After a Motorcycle Accident in California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to get what you deserve from the insurance company. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to learn what we can do for you.Read More