Every year there are millions of Americans who get bit by dogs. Many of the bites that occur involve children. A few reminders on how to deal with strange dogs or even how to properly care for dogs at home may help protect your family.
- Get your family pets spayed or neutered – Most dog attacks are committed by animals that have not been spayed or neutered, so be sure to take care of this for your family pets.
- Avoid contact with dangerous breeds that are known for attacks – Most people recognize the dangers that are associated with pit bulls. German shepherds are another dog to watch out for when it is someone else’s dog. They are known to protect their own families.
- Don’t go near a chained dog – The dog is on a chain for a reason. Teach your children that they should not even approach a dog that is on a chain. One-quarter of fatal dog attacks involved animals that are chained up.
If you or a loved one has been bitten by someone else’s dog, be sure to get the contact information for the owner and the vet. Once any medical danger has passed, it is time to call a personal injury attorney to see if any compensation may be available.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills or other damages. In fact, in 2018 alone, insurance companies paid out approximately $675 million dollars in claims for dog bites. To get your case started, call 619.344.0360 today.Read More
You can’t account for what other people on the road are going to do, so the best way to protect your family is to avoid risky behaviors when driving. Here are three situations that cause most accidents on the road.
- Driving under the influence – Whether it is alcohol or a prescription medication, driving under the influence of any substance that can dull your senses is dangerous. Also, avoid driving while drowsy because this can have similarly dangerous effects.
- Distracted driving – California has laws regarding the use of handheld devices while driving for this very reason – it is dangerous. However, it can also be distracting to smoke, put on make-up, or eat while driving. Avoid anything that can take your eyes off the road or slow down your reaction time.
- Driving too fast – This is actually what is responsible for the highest percentage of car accidents that result in serious injuries or fatalities. Driving the speed limit (or even slower if circumstances dictate it) is the best way to keep your family safe on the road.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If another driver has caused an accident that has resulted in injury for you or a family member, consult the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. We have the experience that you want in your corner when dealing with car insurance companies to try and maximize your settlement and get what you really deserve. Call 619.344.0360 to see if you are eligible for compensation.Read More
If you experience a slip and fall injury in the San Diego, how should you proceed? Here are three important steps to take.
#1 Get the Proper Medical Attention
If the situation is an emergency, you may need to call an ambulance. If not, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure the injuries are not worse than you initially thought. Also, if you later begin to experience symptoms like headaches, migraines, vertigo, insomnia, and other indicators of a head injury or whiplash, you should go to the doctor right away.
#2 Document What Happened
You need proof that the injury was the fault of the owner or company. This can be done by taking pictures or video of the scene where the accident happened. You also want to be sure to fill out an injury report if the store or other business has one. Make sure that you get a copy.
#3 Hire a Professional Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from an insurance company. If you have experienced your slip and fall in southern California, then call the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side.
To learn more, call 619.344.0360 today and schedule an appointment at one of our three convenient locations in the San Diego area. We look forward to helping you receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
When you suffer an injury due to someone else’s intent or negligence, you want a good personal injury lawyer on your side. How can you find someone with the right experience for you? Consider some of the following common personal injuries that we specialize in at Petrov Law Firm.
- Motor vehicle accidents – When you are in a car accident in California, the courts will want to determine fault in order to know whose insurance should be footing the bill. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to maximize an out of court settlement or help you win damages in the courtroom.
- Slip and fall injuries – When you slip and fall, you need to provide the right evidence that it was the fault of the owner or that there was sufficient time for the issue that caused the fall to have been corrected. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to gather the evidence you need.
- Dog attacks – Dog bites are shockingly common in California. If you have been attacked by someone else’s dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills. Since there are various factors in play, you will want an experienced dog attack attorney to review the case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, contact the personal injury professional at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side when you are dealing with difficult insurance companies to try and achieve the best possible settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to schedule an appointment now.Read More
A trip or a slip can quickly lead to an injury. Whether you just land on a knee or you hit the ground face first, there can be plenty of medical bills or even lost wages due to missed work. What type of information should you gather to help the settlement move along quickly? Here are a few tips:
- Keep track of medical bills, missed days of work, and other expenses that are directly related to the injury. You will need to provide all of these to your personal injury attorney to help the negotiations. Of course, there may also be compensation for indirect effects, which we usually refer to as “pain and suffering.”
- Keep track of the proof that the injury was the fault of the owner. Hopefully, you were able to take some photographic evidence at the scene. Even if you didn’t, be sure to get copies of any accident reports that you had to fill out – most businesses will require this if the accident happens on their property. If you can prove that someone who lives or works there caused the injury or that the owner or employees should have known about the problem and had time to fix it, that proves that at least a measure of negligence was involved.
If You Have Suffered a Personal Injury in the San Diego Area
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm have the experience and professionalism to help you get the settlement you deserve in a personal injury case. To schedule a consultation, call 619.344.0360 now.Read More
The main reason to hire a personal injury attorney is to get help in receiving compensation for your losses when your injury was due to someone else’s negligence. Usually, this means dealing with an insurance company that just wants to pay you the minimum amount that will get you to walk away and leave their client alone.
Here are some of the most common personal injury cases that we see here at Petrov Law Firm:
- Slip and fall injuries – In order to receive compensation in this type of case, it is important to show that the owner had sufficient time to clear the obstruction that caused the fall but failed to do so.
- Car accident injuries – Proving fault is important in California since the percentage of fault determines the percentage of your bills the other driver’s insurance should be on the hook for.
- Dog attack injuries – Dog bites are a surprisingly common personal injury, and if the owner was negligent in some way, you might be able to get compensation for the massive medical bills that can pile up due to a dog attack.
Getting the Right Help for Your Personal Injury Case in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have to try and seek compensation through an individual or insurance company. To get your case started now, call 619.344.0360 and schedule a consultation at one of our three convenient locations.Read More
Riding a bicycle can be a fun pastime or a great way to get to the office without sitting in traffic and wasting gas. However, you have to be safe when you take to the streets, especially if you don’t have a car surrounding you to protect you from others on the road. Here are a few of the most important tips to keep you safe while riding your bike around San Diego.
- Wear the proper protective gear – A helmet may not always be a fashion statement, but it gives you much better odds of surviving if you are in an accident while riding your bike. Wearing something reflective is also important, especially if you are riding at night.
- Have lights on your bike – While only certain lights are required by California law, the more visible you are to drivers, the safer you will be. Lights on the front and back of your bike during the daytime and at night will increase your visibility.
- Watch for right-hand turns – Cars turning right will have to cut through the bike lane. Always assume that the driver doesn’t see you, even if you are sitting next to him at a red light. If you both start going the second the light turns green, it is going to go much worse for you than the car.
Personal Injury Attorneys for Bicycle Accidents in San Diego
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in southern California, call the attorneys at Petrov Law Firm to get the help you need seeking a settlement. Dial 619.344.0360 to schedule an appointment now.Read More
Driving a car always calls for exercising proper caution. However, there are some circumstances that make it even more important to protect yourself and your passengers, even if that means driving slower than the posted speed limit. Here are a few road conditions that cause problems for many drivers.
- Construction – Road work poses extra dangers both when it comes to road conditions as well as proximity to the workers. Be sure to follow the posted road signs, which should provide you with instructions for safe driving such as a lower speed limit or lane usage restrictions.
- Inclement weather – While California is known for beautiful weather, there are still rainstorms and other conditions that may make roadways slick. Remember that wet roads mean that you will need more time to stop, so leave extra room between you and the car in front of you.
- Driving at night – There are many hazards that are presented when driving after dark. Visibility is lower, you need to be sure to shut your high beams for oncoming traffic, and there is always that pedestrian crossing the street who isn’t wearing reflective clothing. Plus, road hazards, such as potholes, may not be visible until the last moment.
San Diego’s Trusted Personal Injury Attorneys
When a person is injured in a car accident, they need help from professionals who know what compensation is due. At Petrov Law Firm, you will meet trusted attorneys who are experienced with personal injury settlements. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started.Read More
It is easy to slip and all if you suddenly come upon a hazard that was not readily visible. When someone slips and falls, whether it is on a slippery liquid or due to some other cause, what are the most likely injuries? Here are a few things to look out for.
- Injuries to the face – Unfortunately, when you are caught off guard, it can be tough to get your hands out in front of you. Therefore, you may hit your face and do damage to your nose, mouth, or teeth. Even a concussion may occur.
- Hand and wrist injuries – The natural instinct is to stop your face from hitting the ground. That means throwing your hands or arms out in front of you. Of course, taking all your body weight at once and unexpectedly is not what the arms are designed for. Therefore, hand and wrist fractures often occur.
- Knee injuries – You may not fall all the way to the ground when you slip. If you just land on your knee, it may not be as bad as hitting your head, but it can still lead to injury. It may be something as simple as a scrape or as extensive as internal damage that requires surgical repair.
Slip and Fall Injury Advice from Southern California’s Pro Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to receive compensation. Call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to hire San Diego’s premier personal injury lawyers to help you maximize your settlement.Read More
California has had hands-free laws in place for several years now. The restrictions are even more stringent for those under the age of 18. So why are there continued campaigns to try and get people to put their phones down while they drive? Here are some telling stats.
- In just one year, about 2.2% of drivers were busted breaking hands-free laws.
- The younger a driver is, the more likely they are to violate hands-free legislation. The same study showed that 4.9% of drivers between the ages of 18 and 24 were guilty.
- In rural areas, people are far more likely to try and get away with using a phone while driving. While there may be fewer cars, there is also often less visibility on old country roads, thereby increasing the danger.
- At least parents are driving safe. The category of drivers that had the fewest infractions in the study were those who had a passenger age 8 or younger.
During the same year that these statistics were taken, 391,000 accidents occurred as a result of distracted driving. These accidents caused numerous injuries and ended 3,450 lives. Distracted driving is a serious matter, and no one should think they are immune to having an accident, regardless of their age or where they live.
If You Have Been Hurt by a Distracted Driver
In Southern California, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help if a distracted driver causes you harm. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started.Read More