If a loved one has died due to the fault or negligence of another person, we are so sorry for your loss. If you have found your way to this article, you realize that the negligent party should compensate your family for losses. Before accepting any settlement, be sure that compensation is included for the following:
- Direct expenses – Burial, funeral, and any medical expenses incurred should be covered by the defendant.
- Loss of support – If the person provided financial support for a household, the family might be losing out on years of future earnings (besides other financial losses).
- Emotional losses – There is the loss of love and companionship as well as the emotional distress that could result if you were a witness to the tragic loss of your loved one.
- Intangible damages – Some damages it is difficult to put a price tag on. For example, your family has lost the moral support of the decedent as well as any future guidance they would have provided. There is also the loss of marital relations for the surviving spouse. Additionally, if the decedent experienced pain and suffering prior to death, this should be compensated for as well.
- Property damages – Besides the wrongful death, any property that was damaged in the accident should also be considered.
Compassionate Attorneys for your Wrongful Death Case in Southern California
If you have lost a loved one in a tragic manner, the experienced attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Call 619.344.0360 to get the assistance you need.Read More
Every year, motorcyclists lose their lives on California roads, and many more are injured. To protect yourself, please follow these vital safety recommendations.
- Never get on your bike under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Focus on visibility – Many motorcycle accidents involve vehicle drivers who claim to have not seen the cyclist. Use your lights, wear something reflective, and use extreme caution when lane splitting.
- Know your limits – Even the most experienced motorcyclist can be involved in an accident. The odds increase exponentially when a rider is doing something beyond their ability level. Follow the laws of the road (especially the speed limit), and never attempt to perform tricks at high speeds or in traffic.
- Wear the right gear – If you are involved in an accident, a helmet can save your life. Make sure you are wearing long sleeves and pants. Use fabrics that can protect you from the road if you are knocked from the bike at high speeds.
- Don’t trust drivers – Always assume that they are too distracted to see you. The fact of the matter is that when a motorcycle gets into an accident with a car or another vehicle – regardless of who was at fault – the person on the motorcycle is going to be on the losing end of the crash.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident Injury
The most important thing is to get the medical assistance you require. Next, call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you to maximize the settlement you receive so that you can pay those expensive medical bills and receive other compensation that you are due.Read More
Car accidents can lead to expensive medical bills and auto repairs. You need to be compensated for your losses. In the aftermath of a car accident, here are three things to keep in mind.
- Keep track of your losses – This includes your medical bills, the damages to your vehicle, missed workdays, and any long-term damages you may have experienced. Additional pain and suffering should also be added on to compensate you for emotional pain and other less tangible damages.
- Don’t sign anything without a lawyer reviewing it – Agreeing to the initial settlement is rarely in the best interests of the injured party. The insurance company tries to come up with the minimal amount that they think you will accept in order to make things go away as quickly and cheaply as possible. Remember that insurance companies are big businesses. They are not your friend or a wealthy benefactor, regardless of whether it is the other driver’s insurance company or your own.
- Hire a personal injury attorney – You want an experienced lawyer on your side who knows how to deal with insurance companies. This will ensure that you receive a fair settlement in a reasonable amount of time.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Lawyers
At Petrov Law Firm, we have the experienced personal injury lawyers you want in your corner when trying to reach a settlement with an insurance company. Contact us today at 619.344.0360 to go over the particulars of your case. We look forward to helping you get the settlement that you deserve!Read More
There are many myths surrounding driving and owning a car, and believing those falsehoods could be potentially dangerous. Here are a few things that you need to be able to recognize as being untrue.
- Myth 1: If pot is legal in your state, you can smoke and drive – Driving under the influence is driving under the influence. Prescription drugs and alcohol are legal as well, but you still have to be sober when you drive. Pot and driving do not mix – ever.
- Myth 2: Male drivers are safer than female drivers – Insurance companies settle this falsehood very quickly. They wouldn’t offer cheaper premiums to women if they were the more dangerous drivers.
- Myth 3: You should warm up your car in winter – This actually has no benefit for modern vehicles. In fact, cars are designed to warm up rapidly while being driven. So your car may run cold longer if you just sit in the driveway.
- Myth 4: My driving record only impacts my car insurance – Actually, there is another insurance provider who is going to care about your driving record – your life insurance. Bad drivers are more likely to be involved in a fatal accident, so your life insurance may go up as well if you have a poor driving record.
If You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm can help you seek a reasonable settlement from an insurance company. Before you sign anything, call 619.344.0360. We’re on your side and want to help you get what you truly deserve.Read More
The fact of the matter is that insurance adjusters are always going to be nice to your face or on the phone. It’s part of their job, and many of them are decent people. However, another part of their job is to pay out as little as possible so that the insurance company is profitable.
Therefore, you can’t trust an insurance company to make you a fair offer. Here are a few tricks an insurance company may use to reduce how much they pay out.
- Delays – If the insurance company stalls, you may see the medical bills and other expenses increase and become desperate. Then you will be tempted to accept a lower settlement. Remember that delaying tactics and low first offers are all part of the game insurance companies play to hold onto their money.
- Requests – If the insurance company is asking you to do things that seem like their job, you’re probably right. The idea is to make things so difficult on the person trying to make a claim that a percentage of people will just give up. Every payout that doesn’t happen is a big win for the insurance company.
- Pressure – Telling you this is the only offer you are going to get, it’s a good offer, they are taking care of you, and you’ll end up with nothing if you don’t sign this right now are high-pressure tactics to make you take less than you deserve.
Don’t Sign Anything Until You Speak with a Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in California, Petrov Law Firm can be an ally in seeking compensation from an insurance company. Get in touch with an experienced personal injury lawyer now by calling 619.344.0360.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the state of California, the responsible party should be providing due compensation. What are four factors that will impact the amount of compensation you receive? Here is what you need to know.
- Injuries – The extent of your injuries will play a major role in the amount of the final settlement. You can’t expect the receive the same compensation for a scraped knee as you would receive if you were left with a permanent disability.
- Medical Bills – All of your medical expenses should be covered, even if you had to go out of network to receive care and your health insurance won’t cover it.
- Lost Wages –If you missed days of work or if you are unable to continue at your job because of your injuries, all of your current and future lost wages should be considered.
- Personal Impact – A serious injury can have a bearing on your quality of life from here forward. You should also be compensated for the pain and suffering that will be ongoing. From chronic pain to loss of the ability to enjoy a hobby, there are many ways in which your life could be altered due to a slip and fall accident.
Getting the Help You Need in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to receive a fair settlement for your slip and fall case. Don’t deal with an insurance company on your own. Call 619.344.0360 today and get what you truly deserve.Read More
When a pedestrian is knocked down by a moving vehicle, the results can be quite serious. What are some of the contributing factors to this type of accident? Here are five of the most common reasons that a pedestrian is involved in an accident with a motor vehicle.
- Reduced visibility – Dawn, dusk, night, rain, or any other conditions that reduce visibility can make it more difficult for a driver to see a pedestrian.
- Driving distracted – Between phones and the many other distractions that are available to drivers, you are probably not surprised to see this on the list.
- Poor infrastructure – A lack of crosswalks, pedestrian lights, and other safety features may lead to more accidents and injuries. In general, poorly laid out roadways can lead to more danger for walkers.
- Drug and alcohol abuse – Drivers who are under the influence are far more likely to strike a pedestrian with their vehicle. A DUI is a common occurrence when a pedestrian accident occurs.
- Quieter vehicles – Hybrid and electric vehicles make far less noise. As a result, a pedestrian who is not constantly aware of their surroundings may step in front of a car without noticing it.
If You Have Been Injured in a Pedestrian Accident in California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego have the experience you want in your corner when trying to reach a settlement in a pedestrian accident case. Don’t expect an insurance company to give you a fair shake, no matter how nice they may seem on the phone. Call 619.344.0360 today to get the assistance you need.Read More
If you have been injured by a dog in the state of California, you are likely to receive compensation. This should be covered by the owner’s home or rental insurance. Either way, there are only a few requirements that you have to meet in order to seek compensation for your losses.
- A dog bite caused the damages
- And you were bitten while in public
- Or you were bitten on private property, but you were there legally
Really, the only time an owner would not be liable for the damages caused by their dog biting a person would be for an unlawful trespasser. Whether you are a welcome guest, a delivery person, or just someone passing by on the street, it is up to the owner to have their dog under control.
What recourse do you have if you have been injured by a dog and the expenses are piling up? If you live in southern California, we can help!
Southern California’s Dog Bite Attorneys
At Petrov Law Firm in San Diego, we specialize in helping dog bite victims to receive just compensation. Don’t let the insurance company tell you what you deserve. They are just trying to run a business – they don’t care about your losses. We are here to help ensure you are compensated for medical bills, missed days of work, and other damages like these. Just call 619.344.0360 today and speak with a personal injury lawyer to get your case started.Read More
Did you know that the number one killer of adolescents in America is also 100% preventable? Teens driving distracted or in a reckless manner results in numerous car accidents each year, many of which are fatal. Here are a few shocking statistics to encourage your teen to drive safely.
- 4,000 teenagers die each year due to distracted driving.
- 50% of deaths due to distracted teen drivers are passengers.
- 400,000 are injured every year by distracted teenage drivers.
Clearly, this has become a part of teenage culture in America. Whether it is driving while using the phone or performing other activities, such as eating – teens need to be educated on how dangerous it is to be distracted while behind the wheel.
It is no wonder that California has enacted additional regulations for drivers under 18 when it comes to phone use. For example, if a driver is 18 or over, they can use a mobile device in a hands-free manner. However, drivers under the age of 18 cannot use a phone at all while on the road, even with voice commands.
What can you do if you or a loved one has been injured by a distracted or reckless driver in the state of California?
Personal Injury Law Firm in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here to help! Don’t try and go up against an insurance company alone, and don’t accept an offer without seeking counsel first. Call 619.344.0360 today so we can help you to get what you really deserve as compensation for your losses.Read More
If you have been injured while in a store, you need to take the right steps in order to receive the proper medical care and to be fairly compensated.
- Call for immediate help if needed. If you don’t think a 911 call is warranted, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure there was no underlying damage that occurred.
- Collect evidence from the scene. This means taking pictures or videos of the site. You also want to get contact information for any eyewitnesses.
- Speak with an employee. You will likely have to fill out an accident report outlining what occurred. Be sure to ask for a copy.
- Track your medical expenses. You can also track lost workdays or other expenses that are related to the injury.
- Hire a personal injury attorney. When you experience an injury that occurs on a store’s property, you are likely going to be dealing with an insurance company. The insurance company’s goal is to pay out as little as possible, so don’t sign anything or accept a settlement without seeking counsel for yourself.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If your injury occurred in southern California, Petrov Law Firm is here to help. Call our San Diego office at 619.344.0360 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can help you get what you deserve from an insurance company. Don’t let the corporate suits push you around! Petrov Law Firm is here to help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.Read More