There are three important things that you have to do if you have been injured by a slip and fall accident. Taking these crucial steps will help you to get the settlement you need to cover your losses due to the injury.
- Step 1: Get the medical help you need – Your health should be your top priority after an injury. While step two is important, if you are seriously injured, getting care has to come before gathering evidence.
- Step 2: Document the incident – Hopefully, you or someone who was with you at the scene of the accident was able to take some pictures as evidence. Also, the place where you were injured should have had you fill out some sort of accident report. You should have received a copy of that.
- Step 3: Hire an experienced personal injury attorney right away – The fact is that companies will use the statute of limitations to their advantage to try and force you into taking a settlement that is way less than what you deserve. Going to a professional right away can give you the leverage you need when trying to get a fair settlement to cover your medical expenses and other direct and indirect losses.
Hire the Personal Injury Attorneys Southern California Can Rely On
Petrov Law Firm has the experience you want in your corner when working toward a personal injury settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started today!Read More
When you experience an injury and it is someone else’s fault, you want help getting the compensation that you deserve. After all, compensation is usually going to come from an insurance company with an attorney whose one job is to make sure they pay out as little as possible. What are some of the more common personal injury cases in California, and why should you hire an experienced attorney?
- Slip and fall injuries – Getting your case going well before the statute of limitations is up is the first important step when it comes to a slip and fall accident. Now is the time to start gathering evidence so as to negotiate a settlement.
- Dog bites – Insurance companies payout money on a daily basis for dog bites that occur all across the country. If someone else’s dog has attacked you without provocation, you should at least receive compensation for any medical bills that you incur as a result of the attack.
- Car accidents – As more cars get back on the road, you can expect to see the number of accidents and injuries on the rise again. The COVID-19 pandemic didn’t stop people from driving recklessly, distracted, or just too fast. California is a fault state, so if it is the other driver’s fault, their insurance should be paying out.
Personal Injury Attorneys with Experience in San Diego
If you have sustained a personal injury in these or other ways, you need the help of experienced attorneys to maximize your settlement. Petrov Law Firm is here to help residents of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista. Call 619.344.0360 to get started right away.Read More
Riding your bike can be a great way to get exercise or even to beat traffic on your way to work. However, if you are riding your bike around southern California, there are a couple of things that you will want to do to improve your chances at avoiding an injury, especially when so many drivers are distracted and fail to pay attention to other drivers, let alone cyclists. Besides wearing a helmet and other protective gear, here are two more things to consider.
- Be especially careful of cars making right-hand turns – When a driver is turning right, they usually have the right of way. However, it also means crossing a bike lane in many cases. Some drivers fail to check for cyclists before turning. This can be particularly true when waiting at a red light. If you both start to go when the light changes, that would be especially dangerous.
- Proper lighting makes you visible – California law requires certain lights or reflectors on all bikes in the state. However, you can increase your visibility to drivers and improve your safety by going beyond what the law requires. Front and rear lights in the daytime and at night, along with signal lights, can help you alert drivers to your presence.
Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in an accident with a motor vehicle while riding your bike, call 619.344.0360 to get in touch with the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We help California residents get the settlements they deserve.Read More
The dangers of traffic accidents make driving a risky, albeit necessary, activity. What are some road conditions that increase the risk of injury, and how can you navigate these circumstances safely? Here are a few tips.
- Bad weather – Rain can make the road slippery, and fog can reduce visibility. When you are driving in inclement weather, be sure to drive slower than usual. Use the correct setting for your car’s headlights. Also, while you should never tailgate, you need to leave extra room between you and the driver ahead if the weather is bad.
- Construction zones – You need to stay alert to protect the lives of workers in construction areas. That includes following all posted signs that may indicate reduced speeds or restricted lane usage. You also need to be careful when it comes to the potential for tire damage.
- Night driving – Darkness reduces visibility. Headlights can light your way, but you need to be sure to switch to the low beams when traffic is coming toward you. Remember that it will be more difficult to see hazards in the road and drive accordingly.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you have experienced an injury in a car accident, you need the assistance of experienced personal injury attorneys. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619.344.0360 to speak with experienced lawyers in the San Diego area. We can help you get the compensation that you deserve to receive from tightfisted insurance companies. Get your settlement started today!Read More
A slip and fall injury can take place at any time when there is a hazard or negligence involved. What are the most common injuries a person will sustain in this type of accident, and how do the injuries occur?
- Hand and arm injuries – From scrapped palms to a fractured wrist, the hands and arms are locations for some of the most common slip and fall injuries. It is only natural to put your hands out to catch yourself if you suddenly fall, and this can prevent even more serious injuries. Unfortunately, setting a bone isn’t cheaper just because it is in the hand or arm.
- Injured knees – A slight trip may just result in falling down on one or both knees. However, this can still do a lot of damage. While the exterior results may be no more than a skinned knee, on the inside, there may be damage to bones, cartilage, or even connective tissue like ligaments and tendons.
- Facial injuries – The worst injuries often occur when a fall happens out of the blue, and the person can’t get their hands out in front of them in time. Face injuries may include a broken nose, lost or chipped teeth, broken bones, and other damage.
Southern California’s Slip and Fall Injury Experts
Petrov Law Firm is here to help if you have been injured in this way. Get in touch with our experienced personal injury attorneys today by calling 619.344.0360 to start working on a settlement right away.Read More
In one recent year, 391,000 motor vehicle accidents occurred due to distracted driving. This resulted in a tremendous number of injuries, and 3,450 individuals wrongfully lost their lives. So why do people keep using their phones while driving? Consider the following stats from the same year that reveal just how serious the problem is:
- The results showed that people were more likely to use a phone while driving in rural areas. Perhaps the perception is that fewer cars on the road make it safer to drive while distracted. This is particularly concerning right now. People may be tempted to use their phone more since road traffic is down due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- According to the study, more than 2% of drivers have been caught breaking rules that restrict the use of smartphones while driving to handsfree methods. If 2% are caught, how many more are getting away with it?
- The research also showed that younger drivers are more likely to break the rules, especially those between the ages of 18 and 24.
- The safest group of drivers are parents who have children under the age of nine. Unfortunately, those kids are only as safe as the other drivers on the road allow them to be.
Distracted Driving and Fault in California
California is a fault state as far as damages from a car accident is concerned. If you have been injured in an accident with a distracted driver, you deserve compensation from the other driver’s insurance. Contact Petrov Law Firm today at 619.344.0360 to get started on your settlement right away.Read More
Vehicles on the road are down 60% according to one recent survey regarding the coronavirus shutdown in California. However, that doesn’t mean you can ignore laws regarding the use of your smartphone. Driving distracted can still result in a serious accident, especially if your guard is down due to the reduced traffic.
Here are a couple of important reminders about smartphone use while driving in California.
- If you are 18 or older – Mobile phone use must be kept hands-free while driving. Never text and drive. If your phone connects to your car via Bluetooth, you can use it to play music, get directions, or even to make phone calls. Some phones may even allow you to dictate messages to reply to texts. Just keep in mind that if your phone misunderstands what you say, the message will go out like that. You shouldn’t be looking at your phone to check the message before sending it.
- If you are under 18 – It is better just to turn your phone off while in the car. There is no situation in which it is okay to be on the phone while driving if you are under 18 in California. Even hands-free use is not allowed for minors.
Car Accident Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in a car accident, especially one involving a distracted driver, give Petrov Law Firm a call at 619.344.0360. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you to maximize the settlement that you receive from the insurance company.Read More
You may be leaving the house less often than usual, but that doesn’t make you immune to a slip and fall injury. Employees are busy. Stores are taking extra precautions with cleaning. We encourage that. However, it’s not an excuse for negligent practices.
For example, if a floor is freshly mopped and left soapy and wet without a warning sign, it could easily lead to an injury. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that is due to negligence on the store owner or employees, here are a couple of important tips.
- You need a lawyer – Insurance companies will sometimes offer a settlement when they know their client is in the wrong. Hopefully, you realize that 99 times out of 100, the offer is dreadfully low and just an attempt to keep you from seeking legal counsel. Don’t sign anything before speaking with an experienced attorney.
- There is a statute of limitations – Coronavirus may lead to putting things off. That’s a bad idea when it comes to a personal injury suit. As the statute of limitations gets closer, the insurance company will have more leverage. You want to begin the procedure as soon as possible to encourage a larger settlement.
San Diego’s Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers
If you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to help with your slip and fall case, Petrov Law Firm is here for you. Call 619.344.0360 to speak with an attorney and get the help you need.Read More
Depending on the state that you live in, there can be varying laws that determine the statute of limitations for a personal injury case. For example, here in California, the statute of limitations on personal injury depends on the damages you want to pursue, how they were caused, and by who. Here are a few examples:
- When you experience an injury – You have two years to make a personal injury claim to receive compensation for things like medical bills. So be sure to start your case as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve.
- When your property is damaged – If your claim involves property damage but no injury to yourself, then you get a third year. Remember, though, that you are likely to get better results if you start on your claim sooner rather than later.
- When the at-fault party is a government agency – Now time is really of the essence. You only have six months to bring a claim against a government agency. So be sure to hire a personal injury attorney to get started right away if a government agency is at fault for your losses.
Personal Injury Attorney in Southern California
If you have experienced a personal injury in California, the sooner you get the assistance of an attorney, the better. You can call Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to get your case started now. Our experienced lawyers are here to help you get the compensation that you deserve.Read More
From car accidents to slip and fall injuries, there are many things that result in a personal injury claim. We are going to look at four types of compensation that you may be entitled to if you have been injured due to the fault or negligence of another person.
- Medical costs – Be sure to track all of your medical expenses. These should be covered by the responsible party.
- Property damage – The classic scenario would be a car accident. In this case, your car is the property that is damaged in the accident, and the repairs should be covered by the at-fault party.
- Lost wages – If you miss work due to the injury or you are no longer able to work, you may receive compensation both for present and future wages that have been lost.
- Pain and suffering – Any additional pain and suffering that you experience as a result of the injury is handled together in this category. It includes things like emotional damages that you have experienced as a result of the accident or injury. In general, the largest part of the settlement covers this category because these are factors that it is difficult to put a price tag on.
Southern California Personal Injury Attorneys
When working on a personal injury settlement, you are usually communicating with a stingy insurance company. Don’t sign anything without the help of a personal injury attorney. Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to learn more.Read More