Millions of dog bites occur every year across America. While there are many other more present dangers, you still want to remind your family of how to act around dogs to avert disaster. Here are a few important tips.
- Avoid dogs that are chained up – The owner has the dog chained for a reason. It is probably a watchdog and is very dangerous. In fact, 25% of dog attacks that turn fatal occur when a chained dog is provoked.
- Watch out for dangerous breeds – Pit bulls are the most well-known biters. However other breeds can also be very protective, especially German shepherds.
- Always neuter or spay family pets – It is far more common for animals that have not been neutered or spayed to bite.
- Compensation may be available – If a family member receives an injury from someone else’s dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills. Insurance companies paid out more than $500,000,000 in 2017 for dog bite claims. You just need help in order to receive the maximum settlement that you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyers in Southern California
If you or a member of your family has been injured by some else’s dog, give the dog bite lawyers at Petrov Law Firm a call at 619.344.0360. We can help keep the insurance company honest and make sure that they are offering everything that you deserve. From medical bills and missed wages to pain and suffering, we can help you calculate the right settlement.Read More
If you have suffered an injury due to a slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries and missed work. However, you need to be able to prove that there is some measure of negligence involved. Here are three proofs to share with your personal injury attorney.
- Someone should reasonably have known about the situation that caused the fall – There are some circumstances that are just accidents. If someone spills a drink right in front of you and you slip on the ice, the owner isn’t responsible. But if the dangerous condition was preexisting and someone at the facility should have known about it, this leads to liability.
- Someone knew about the condition and didn’t fix it – Whether it is a spill, a dangerous break in the sidewalk, or some other situation, if someone knew it existed and failed to fix it, there is negligence involved.
- Someone at the facility caused the circumstances that led to the fall – If the owner or an employee caused the dangerous conditions, this also leads to fault on the part of the company or owner.
If You Have Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident in Southern California
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident in the San Diego area, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. To present the facts of the case to us, call 619-344-0360, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.Read More
If you have suffered a personal injury in southern California, then you may be in need of a personal injury attorney in San Diego. What are some of the more common causes of personal injuries due to someone else’s negligence? Here are three that we frequently see from our clients:
- Vehicular accident – Car accidents cause most of the injuries that result in a settlement. A car accident can result in major injuries, medical bills piling up, and even missed work.
- Dog bites – Dog bites are especially common among children. Of course, there may be some circumstances under which the owner is not at fault for the attack. However, it is worth it to consult a lawyer because dog bites can cause extensive injuries and big medical bills.
- Slip and fall accidents – Not every slip and fall accident is the fault of the property owner, but many are. The key is to be able to prove that the owner had time to clear the obstruction but failed to do so. This can allow you to seek compensation, including medical expenses and other losses.
Personal Injury Attorneys San Diego Residents Can Trust
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you need a trustworthy personal injury attorney to help you maximize your settlement. When insurance companies are involved, they are always looking to offer the lowest possible payout. The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm will fight to help you get what you deserve. Just call 619-344-0360 to learn more about how we can help.Read More
Car accidents can be the cause of serious injuries and even death. That is why it is particularly important to drive safely when there are dangerous road conditions. Here are several situations that call for extra caution on the part of a conscientious driver.
- Bad weather – Rain, snow, or ice can make roads extremely dangerous. Be sure to leave extra room between you and the car in front of you in any of these hazardous conditions.
- Nighttime – Driving at night can be particularly dangerous. Be sure to switch to your low beams when there are cars coming in the other direction and watch out for cyclists and pedestrians who may have forgotten to wear something reflective.
- Road work – Be sure to obey the traffic signs in construction areas. They are for the safety of both drivers and workers. Road work particularly requires caution when it is being performed at night.
- Road hazards – From potholes to debris in the road, there are plenty of obstructions that can damage your car. If you can’t swerve, slow down as much as you can. For potholes, your tires will absorb the hit the best if you are going straight ahead. The side walls of your tires are not as sturdy.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured in a car accident in the San Diego Area, call the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to receive the settlement you deserve, so call 619-344-0360 without delay.Read More
Whether you ride your bicycle around San Diego or the surrounding neighborhoods, for work, exercise, or fun, you need to use proper caution. Car accidents involving cyclists often result in serious injury to the person riding the bike. Here are a few tips to help keep you safe.
- Always wear a helmet – A helmet can’t guarantee that you will survive an accident with a motor vehicle, but it certainly improves your chances.
- Watch out for cars turning right – This is what puts you at the greatest risk, especially if the driver doesn’t check the bike lane before turning. At stoplights, wait to make sure drivers are not turning rather than trying to get a jumpstart on the light. It is legal to exit the bike lane and move into traffic when approaching a place where a driver may make a righthand turn. This will make you more visible. Once you are through the intersection, return to the bike lane as soon as you safely can.
- Have something reflective on your person and your bike – This will help make you more visible, especially at night but also during the day. For even more visibility, invest in head and taillights for your bike.
Bicycle Accident Injury Attorneys in Southern California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help if you have been injured by a motor vehicle driver. A settlement can help you recover damages from medical bills, missed work, and additional pain and suffering caused by the accident. To learn more, call 619-344-0360 today.Read More
Trip and fall injuries are very common and can easily occur if an unexpected obstacle appears in front of you suddenly and you don’t realize you will have to step higher than normal to clear it. What are some of the more common injuries a person will suffer in this sort of accident?
- Knees – Skinned or scrapped knees can easily occur during a trip. In a more serious fall, you may do structural damage to the knee that could require surgery.
- Hand and wrist fractures – Since the natural inclination is to throw your hands out to stop a fall, this is one of the most common injuries when someone trips. Unfortunately, the bones in the hands and arms may not be strong enough to support your full weight during a fall, and this can result in broken bones that need to be set.
- Facial injuries – If you are unable to catch yourself during a fall, facial injuries can be extensive. This can include damage to the mouth and teeth, nose, or even skull if you land hard enough to sustain a concussion.
What to Do After a Trip and Fall Injury
While waiting for medical attention, it may be a good idea to photograph what caused you to trip, and you can fill out any necessary paperwork at the place the injury occurred. Whether it is uneven pavement, old carpeting, or an item that has been left in a place it doesn’t belong, you may be due compensation for your medical bills and even missed work. Contact Petrov Law Firm today by calling 619-344-0360 to find the personal injury lawyers that San Diego residents can rely on.Read More
If your state isn’t hands-free yet, the laws are probably coming. Mobile device use while driving is resulting in many distracted driver accidents. In California, it is already illegal, and drivers under the age of 18 are not even allowed to use mobile phones in a hands-free manner. Here are some stats that show a shameless disregard for these laws.
- In 2015 approximately 2.2% of drivers were caught driving illegally using a handheld device.
- For the 18-24 age group, that figure is a shocking 4.9%, revealing that younger drivers seem more comfortable breaking this law to use a cell phone while driving.
- The biggest increase in handheld device usage occurred among drivers in rural areas.
- Drivers with children under the age of 8 were the least likely to break the law regarding hand-held devices.
The offenses ranged from making calls to reading and sending texts. In 2015, it was reported that 391,000 accidents occurred due to distraction and risky behaviors like those mentioned here. Distracted drivers were also to blame for 3,450 deaths during that calendar year.
Injuries Due to Distracted Drivers in California
California is a fault state, so the insurance of the distracted driver should be on the hook for medical bills, lost wages, and any pain and suffering that was caused, especially if the result was a wrongful death. The compassionate personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are in your corner to help you get what you deserve from the insurance company that will likely try to settle for as little as possible if you don’t have assistance. To get in touch about your case, please call us today at 619-344-0360 to schedule an appointment at any of our Southern California offices.Read More
If you have fallen in a store or in a public place and suffered an injury, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses or missed work. However, there are a few things that you need to know. Here are two key factors to keep in mind if you are seeking a slip and fall settlement in California.
- The statute of limitations is two years – This means you should be seeking an attorney pretty much immediately after you receive any necessary medical care. As it gets closer to the two-year mark, insurance companies won’t want to pay out as much because they figure they might be able to delay things until you end up getting nothing.
- Don’t sign anything until you have a lawyer – An insurance company may offer a payout to get you to sign something that waives your right to any future compensation. You only get one chance to get a settlement, so it has to cover all of your current and expected future medical expenses as well as any lost wages or future lost wages. Yes, a lawyer gets a cut, be he or she can also get you a much larger settlement.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced lawyers to help you. Operating out of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista, we provide convenient locations to our clients and can help to maximize your settlement. Call 619-344-0360 today to learn more.Read More
If you live in the state of California, there are laws in place to protect you from distracted drivers. Of course, to get the full benefits of that protection, you need to obey the laws yourself. Here are a few things you should know so that you are never distracted by your phone while in the car.
- Don’t hold your phone while driving. A hands-free law is in effect for drivers who are over the age of 18.
- Never text and drive. It is extremely distracting and illegal. It is not just the typing and sending that is restricted. You should never read a text while driving either. Some phones give you an option to have an automated response while driving so people know not to expect a return message until you arrive at your destination.
- If you are under 18, you are still learning to drive. Therefore, all cell phone use is illegal while driving, even hands-free use. This will allow you to get used to being on the road without any distraction at all.
San Diego Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in a car accident in the San Diego area, especially if the other driver was distracted, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. When an injury occurs in a car accident in the state of California, assigning fault plays a key role in maximizing compensation. To learn more, give us a call today at 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
This is an important question to answer because you need to know if you are going to be responsible for your medical bills and any work you may miss or if you are eligible to receive some compensation to help you out financially while recovering from your injury. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Your safety is your own responsibility – That having been said, the store owner does have to provide reasonable care. The difference in opinion may be over what is considered reasonable.
- You need proof – Take photographic evidence at the scene, even if you aren’t sure anything will come from your injuries. If the store has injury report paperwork to fill out, do so. Get checked out by a doctor so you have a medical record of your injuries.
- Time usually has to pass to prove negligence – If the person walking in front of you drops a soda and you slip on it, that isn’t the store’s fault. If someone spilled a soda an hour ago and no one has bothered to clean it up, that makes a better case for you.
Get Legal Advice for Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
Before you sign any sort of settlement, be sure to contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. The insurance company is going to want to pay as little as possible. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side is the only way to ensure that you get the full compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation today.Read More