Every year there are millions of Americans who get bit by dogs. Many of the bites that occur involve children. A few reminders on how to deal with strange dogs or even how to properly care for dogs at home may help protect your family.
- Get your family pets spayed or neutered – Most dog attacks are committed by animals that have not been spayed or neutered, so be sure to take care of this for your family pets.
- Avoid contact with dangerous breeds that are known for attacks – Most people recognize the dangers that are associated with pit bulls. German shepherds are another dog to watch out for when it is someone else’s dog. They are known to protect their own families.
- Don’t go near a chained dog – The dog is on a chain for a reason. Teach your children that they should not even approach a dog that is on a chain. One-quarter of fatal dog attacks involved animals that are chained up.
If you or a loved one has been bitten by someone else’s dog, be sure to get the contact information for the owner and the vet. Once any medical danger has passed, it is time to call a personal injury attorney to see if any compensation may be available.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills or other damages. In fact, in 2018 alone, insurance companies paid out approximately $675 million dollars in claims for dog bites. To get your case started, call 619.344.0360 today.Read More
You can’t account for what other people on the road are going to do, so the best way to protect your family is to avoid risky behaviors when driving. Here are three situations that cause most accidents on the road.
- Driving under the influence – Whether it is alcohol or a prescription medication, driving under the influence of any substance that can dull your senses is dangerous. Also, avoid driving while drowsy because this can have similarly dangerous effects.
- Distracted driving – California has laws regarding the use of handheld devices while driving for this very reason – it is dangerous. However, it can also be distracting to smoke, put on make-up, or eat while driving. Avoid anything that can take your eyes off the road or slow down your reaction time.
- Driving too fast – This is actually what is responsible for the highest percentage of car accidents that result in serious injuries or fatalities. Driving the speed limit (or even slower if circumstances dictate it) is the best way to keep your family safe on the road.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If another driver has caused an accident that has resulted in injury for you or a family member, consult the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. We have the experience that you want in your corner when dealing with car insurance companies to try and maximize your settlement and get what you really deserve. Call 619.344.0360 to see if you are eligible for compensation.Read More
Making end of life decisions while you still have a lot of time ahead of you isn’t easy, but it is the smart and loving thing to do for your family. How can you ensure that your estate ends up where it belongs? Here are a few tips to help you plan your estate properly:
- Don’t leave it to chance – You may think you understand the laws of succession in your state, but the only way to know who is getting your estate for sure is to have a well-documented estate plan in place. This is especially true when it comes to non-traditional families.
- Review your existing documents – If you can’t remember the last time you reviewed your estate plan, then it has been way too long. You need to check the beneficiaries on your life insurance policies, retirement accounts, POD bank accounts, and other funds that will pass directly to beneficiaries without going through probate. This is especially true if you have gone through a divorce, have a new family member, or have experienced any other major life change that can affect your estate plan.
San Diego’s Estate Planning Experts
Whether you need to execute a new estate planning document or update an existing plan in the state of California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced estate planning attorneys for you. Call our San Diego offices today at 619.344.0360 and schedule an appointment with an experienced attorney at one of our three convenient locations.Read More
Nowadays, it is easy to find a last will and testament template online, plug in your name and the date, print it, sign it, and feel like you’ve completed what you need to do in regard to your estate planning. While there are many problems with this approach, including everything from the need for planning medical care to paying attention to variance in state laws, there is also something else missing from the cookie-cutter approach – you.
How can you add a personal touch to your estate plan? Here are a few things that may not get unless you seek out the personal attention of an estate planning attorney to help you complete your documents.
- Pass on family heirlooms – Whether you have something that has been passed to you from previous generations or you want to turn one of your possessions into a family heirloom, your estate planning is the time to do it. Explain why the item means so much to your family and share it with someone who will cherish it and save it for the next generation.
- Charitable donations – Donating a portion of your estate to charity can show what is important to you and encourage others to give back in return. Choose a charity that has deep meaning to you or your family and create a legacy.
Personalized Estate Planning in San Diego
If one size fits all doesn’t work for you, then the expert estate planners at Petrov Law Firm can help you to put your personal stamp on your estate plan. Call us today at 619.344.0360 to schedule an appointment now.Read More
If you experience a slip and fall injury in the San Diego, how should you proceed? Here are three important steps to take.
#1 Get the Proper Medical Attention
If the situation is an emergency, you may need to call an ambulance. If not, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure the injuries are not worse than you initially thought. Also, if you later begin to experience symptoms like headaches, migraines, vertigo, insomnia, and other indicators of a head injury or whiplash, you should go to the doctor right away.
#2 Document What Happened
You need proof that the injury was the fault of the owner or company. This can be done by taking pictures or video of the scene where the accident happened. You also want to be sure to fill out an injury report if the store or other business has one. Make sure that you get a copy.
#3 Hire a Professional Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury attorney can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from an insurance company. If you have experienced your slip and fall in southern California, then call the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side.
To learn more, call 619.344.0360 today and schedule an appointment at one of our three convenient locations in the San Diego area. We look forward to helping you receive the compensation that you deserve.Read More
When you suffer an injury due to someone else’s intent or negligence, you want a good personal injury lawyer on your side. How can you find someone with the right experience for you? Consider some of the following common personal injuries that we specialize in at Petrov Law Firm.
- Motor vehicle accidents – When you are in a car accident in California, the courts will want to determine fault in order to know whose insurance should be footing the bill. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to maximize an out of court settlement or help you win damages in the courtroom.
- Slip and fall injuries – When you slip and fall, you need to provide the right evidence that it was the fault of the owner or that there was sufficient time for the issue that caused the fall to have been corrected. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to gather the evidence you need.
- Dog attacks – Dog bites are shockingly common in California. If you have been attacked by someone else’s dog, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills. Since there are various factors in play, you will want an experienced dog attack attorney to review the case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in Southern California, contact the personal injury professional at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience that you want on your side when you are dealing with difficult insurance companies to try and achieve the best possible settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to schedule an appointment now.Read More
Estate planning is different from state to state, and there are federal laws as well, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a hassle to pass on your belongings to the next generation and to make medical decisions in advance. Here are a few reminders to simplify the process for you.
- Start today – Estate planning is easy to leave for another day when you have more time. However, if your time were to suddenly run out, perhaps in a tragic accident, where would your family be if you don’t take care of these matters in advance?
- Events that require a review – If you experience a life-altering event, then it is time to reconsider your estate plan. Some positive events may include an interstate move, a new family member (birth, adoption, marriage, etc.), or a sudden increase in assets (i.e., you win the lotto). Negative events such as a divorce or the death of a beneficiary also call for a review.
- Plan for future health needs – If you ever become incapacitated, you want to have someone in place to make medical decisions for you. Be sure to outline as many of those decisions as possible in advance so that your surrogate doesn’t have to guess what your wishes are.
California’s Premier Estate Planning Attorneys
At Petrov Law Firm, we love to help people plan for the future of their family and other loved ones. Whether your estate is worth thousands or millions, we can provide assistance to make sure you maximize the benefits now and in the future. Call 619.344.0360 today to schedule an appointment.Read More
Your estate can do so much more than just distribute your material assets and make plans for your future healthcare. You can also plan wisely to create a lasting legacy for your family. Here are a few things to consider:
- Leaving a conditional trust – Want to encourage your grandkids to start their own company? Leave a conditional trust that can only be dispensed as business capital for a new startup. You can also leave conditional trusts for when a family member gets married, buys their first home, or has their first child. It allows you to have a hand in the future of your family, even if you are not there to enjoy the special moments with them.
- Letters and pictures – While we are in the age of emails and digital images, you can make an impact by providing special photos and letters for family members to cherish personally or proudly display.
- Recorded messages or videos – Since we do live in the digital age, it also gives you the unique opportunity to leave audiovisual messages for family members. This can introduce you to future generations and provide a cherished keepsake for your loved ones that allows them to benefit from your wisdom for years to come.
Create Something More Than an Estate Plan
Petrov Law Firm wants to help you leave behind a legacy for your family. Contact us today to speak with an estate planning lawyer who can help you to navigate the California legal system. Just call 619.344.0360 and schedule an appointment to begin.Read More
A trip or a slip can quickly lead to an injury. Whether you just land on a knee or you hit the ground face first, there can be plenty of medical bills or even lost wages due to missed work. What type of information should you gather to help the settlement move along quickly? Here are a few tips:
- Keep track of medical bills, missed days of work, and other expenses that are directly related to the injury. You will need to provide all of these to your personal injury attorney to help the negotiations. Of course, there may also be compensation for indirect effects, which we usually refer to as “pain and suffering.”
- Keep track of the proof that the injury was the fault of the owner. Hopefully, you were able to take some photographic evidence at the scene. Even if you didn’t, be sure to get copies of any accident reports that you had to fill out – most businesses will require this if the accident happens on their property. If you can prove that someone who lives or works there caused the injury or that the owner or employees should have known about the problem and had time to fix it, that proves that at least a measure of negligence was involved.
If You Have Suffered a Personal Injury in the San Diego Area
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm have the experience and professionalism to help you get the settlement you deserve in a personal injury case. To schedule a consultation, call 619.344.0360 now.Read More
The main reason to hire a personal injury attorney is to get help in receiving compensation for your losses when your injury was due to someone else’s negligence. Usually, this means dealing with an insurance company that just wants to pay you the minimum amount that will get you to walk away and leave their client alone.
Here are some of the most common personal injury cases that we see here at Petrov Law Firm:
- Slip and fall injuries – In order to receive compensation in this type of case, it is important to show that the owner had sufficient time to clear the obstruction that caused the fall but failed to do so.
- Car accident injuries – Proving fault is important in California since the percentage of fault determines the percentage of your bills the other driver’s insurance should be on the hook for.
- Dog attack injuries – Dog bites are a surprisingly common personal injury, and if the owner was negligent in some way, you might be able to get compensation for the massive medical bills that can pile up due to a dog attack.
Getting the Right Help for Your Personal Injury Case in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have to try and seek compensation through an individual or insurance company. To get your case started now, call 619.344.0360 and schedule a consultation at one of our three convenient locations.Read More