When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intent, you deserve full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses due to the injury. Because the laws regarding personal injuries are so specific, the best way to maximize your settlement is to find an attorney with experience in the precise type of personal injury case you are pursuing.
Here are some examples of personal injury cases so you can hire the right attorney to meet your personal circumstances.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – This doesn’t always mean that you were a driver or a passenger. You may be a pedestrian or a cyclist injured by a driver. Plus, a motor vehicle accident is not the same thing as just saying “car accident.” You could also be involved with a tractor-trailer or a motorcycle. There are many ways that motor vehicle accidents can lead to injuries.
- Animal attacks – Dog bites, in particular, are common in California. Each state has its own laws regarding animal attacks when a pet is involved.
- Slip and fall accidents – Whether the accident occurred in a private home, at a business, or at a public entity (for example, a government building), you need an experienced attorney to help you build a case.
San Diego’s Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in any of these ways in southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced attorneys that you want on your side. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started immediately.Read More
First of all, if you have found this article because you have tragically lost a loved one in death due to someone else’s negligence, you have our sincerest condolences. This is a terrible time for your family, and we want you to find the compassionate help that you need. With that in mind, we will keep this brief.
Here are the crucial steps in a wrongful death suit and how to get yours started.
- Identify the responsible party – Depending on how the death was caused, the responsible party could be a criminal, a driver, a manufacturing company, an employer, or even a medical professional.
- Determine if you can legally start a case – In California, to bring a wrongful death case, you must be either the spouse (including domestic partners) or child of the deceased. If no one matches that description, then another family member may be able to pursue legal action.
- Hire a wrongful death attorney – Don’t hire just any lawyer. You need someone who is experienced in wrongful death cases to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
Once you hire a competent wrongful death attorney, you can rest assured that the investigation, demand for compensation, lawsuit, or any other necessary steps will be handled within the deadlines given by the state.
Compassionate Wrongful Death Suit Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is here when your family needs us the most. Call 619.344.0360 to get your case started today, and let our experienced attorneys go to work for you to ensure you receive the maximum settlement.Read More
Riding your bicycle around the San Diego area is a great way to get some exercise. It can also help you to beat the traffic during your daily commute to work or even on a short trip to the store. However, you need to be careful out there when sharing the road with drivers. People are more distracted than ever before. How can you stay safe? Here are two essential tips to avoid accidents when sharing the road with motor vehicles.
- Make yourself as visible to drivers as possible with bicycle lights – California law does require some reflectors and lighting for all cyclists. However, if you really want to be as safe as possible, you should outfit your bike with a complete accompaniment of lights, including front and rear lighting, as well as turn signals.
- Remember that a car making a right-hand turn can be dangerous – We often think of turning to the right as the safest thing you can do in a car. And that is exactly why it becomes so dangerous for a cyclist. A driver may not be looking for someone on a bike passing in the bicycle lane while they try to make that right-hand turn. Or, they may punch it as soon as the light turns green at a stoplight without looking to see if a bike is next to them and preparing to go straight.
San Diego’s Trusted Bicycle Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in an accident by a driver in the state of California, you want an experienced attorney on your side. Petrov Law Firm has just the lawyers you need to get the settlement you deserve. Call us today at 619.344.0360.Read More
There is more to safe cycling than just paying attention to drivers. Here are some of the things that a cyclist needs to pay attention to in order to protect yourself and others. There are also California state laws, so be sure you don’t end up with a citation.
- Always wear your helmet – For adults, this is strictly for safety, but for those under the age of 18, it’s the law (even if you’re just a passenger).
- Don’t use your cell phone while riding – There are no laws against this like there are when driving a car. However, you can just as easily get into an accident if you are distracted while riding your bike.
- Don’t wear headsets or earbuds – You need to be able to hear what is going on around you. For example, a driver may honk to warn you if you start to drift out of the bike lane. If you want to listen to music, that’s okay. But you can only have one earpiece in legally.
- Watch out for pedestrians – Make sure you always yield the right of way to pedestrians, especially in a crosswalk when it is the law. You also have to be on the lookout for blind pedestrians who may be using a white cane or being led by a canine.
- Don’t block pedestrian walkways when you park
Cyclist and Pedestrian Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
At Petrov Law Firm, we have experience representing pedestrians and cyclists when it comes to accidents and injuries. Call 619.344.0360, so we can help you to maximize the settlement you receive from the insurance company.Read More
Car accidents often result in injuries as well as property damage. How can you be sure that you are getting a fair settlement from the auto insurance company? First of all, don’t fall for these three myths:
- Myth 1: The Insurance Company Will Offer You a Fair Settlement – Insurance companies are businesses, not philanthropists. They will offer you the bare minimum to get you to walk away, so they don’t have to pay what you really deserve. The first offer is never fair. It’s just business.
- Myth 2: I Don’t Need an Attorney – First of all, myth number one helped debunk the idea that the insurance company is on your side. If you also decide to forgo having a lawyer, then you are truly on your own and are unlikely to get a fair settlement.
- Myth 3: Any Attorney Can Help Me Get a Good Settlement – Traffic laws are always changing, so you need an attorney who is experienced with traffic law. You also want an attorney who is used to going up against insurance companies. Finally, you want a lawyer who knows the laws in your particular state since these regulations can vary greatly.
Southern California Car Accident Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in a car accident in southern California, then you want the experience of Petrov Law Firm in your corner. Our personal injury attorneys can help you to maximize your settlement. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started.Read More
Motor vehicle accidents are shockingly common and occur for many reasons. Driving too fast, being distracted, or getting behind the wheel while sleepy or under the influence can all lead to serious injuries or even loss of life. However, even when you are a safe driver, there are still conditions that can make a car accident more likely. Here are a few times to use extra caution.
- Driving in a construction zone – There is a good reason that speed limits are reduced in a construction zone. Workers are present, there are construction vehicles, there could be debris in the road – you have to be as careful as possible.
- Driving after dark – Switching between high and low beam headlights is an essential part of staying safe after dark. You need maximum visibility without blinding oncoming traffic. Depending on the area you are driving, you may also need to be on the lookout for wildlife, which tends to be more active at night.
- Driving in poor weather conditions – Fog, rain, and other poor weather conditions can make driving more difficult. You have to drive slower when you don’t have as much visibility or when the road conditions make it tougher to stop.
If You Have Been Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in southern California, you need the assistance of the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Call 619.344.0360 today to get the help you need when dealing with a car insurance company.Read More
One thing you will come across when researching estate planning is the ability to use a living trust to control your assets while you are alive and then leave them to your family later. Is this really a beneficial method of estate planning? Yes! However, there are some misconceptions that cause people to shy away. Let’s debunk a few.
- Myth: It’s too expensive – While it is true that an attorney will charge more to draft a living trust than a standard will, the savings will come for your family. Rapid transfer of assets without the costs of probate court makes an initial fee more than worth it.
- Myth: My estate isn’t large enough – If your estate isn’t huge, that is all the more reason to leave it all to your family and not to the court system. Probate court will absorb a larger percentage of a smaller estate, and it will waste valuable time.
- Myth: I will lose control of my assets – Not with a living or revocable trust. You are free to do whatever you want with your things while you are still alive. An irrevocable trust is a different story, but the tax advantages are beneficial if you do have an extremely large estate.
Preparing an Effective Estate Plan in Southern California
Petrov Law Firm has the estate planning attorneys to help you prepare for the future of your loved ones. Let us assist you in finding the most efficient way to leave behind an estate of any size. Call 619.344.0360 to get started today.Read More
After an accident that results in property damage or personal injury, an insurance adjuster will need to evaluate your claim. Even if the adjuster is from your insurance company or if they seem very friendly, don’t make the mistake of thinking this person is on your side. Their career depends on paying out as little as possible. Here are three things an insurance adjuster may do to try and reduce the compensation you receive.
- Delay your case – The longer you go without compensation, the more desperate you may become. When the adjuster comes back with a low-ball settlement, you may take it, thinking that you simply can’t wait any longer.
- Ask for ridiculous information – Sometimes, an adjuster may request things that are not even necessary just to make it as difficult as possible for you. If you give up, then the payout is zero, and that makes the insurance company very happy.
- Requesting a recorded statement – Don’t do this. Once you’re on record, the adjuster can twist your words any way they see fit to cheat you out of what you deserve. If your adjuster is acting sneaky, don’t talk with them at all. Leave all the communications up to your lawyer.
Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust in San Diego
Hiring a personal injury attorney lets the insurance company know that you mean business about getting a legitimate settlement. Petrov Law Firm in San Diego is here to help with your injury settlement in southern California. Call 619.344.0360 to get started today.03Read More
If you trip and fall on the sidewalk, in a store, or anywhere else, there is always the potential for injury. The fact is that most people will put their arms out to protect themselves from a fall. Therefore, the first type of injury you should be on the lookout for is in your hands and arms.
While a broken bone will probably be immediately noticeable, sometimes a hairline fracture can occur. You may feel an ache in the injured bone following the accident. Don’t ignore the pain. It is worth it to get the injury checked out to make sure that there isn’t any severe damage. Remember that the property owner (likely by means of their insurance) should be expected to cover the medical expenses if the accident was due to negligence on the part of the owner, business, or an employee.
At other times, you may not fall hard enough to need to put your hands out. You may simply land on your knees. While scratches are going to be immediately noticeable, you may not identify underlying damage to the knee until later. Again, it is better to get checked out immediately so that unseen damage doesn’t have time to fester and grow worse.
Personal Injury Attorneys in California
Petrov Law Firm has the personal injury attorneys that you want in your corner if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident. Put our experience to work for you so you can maximize your settlement. Call 619.344.0360 to get started right away.Read More
According to a 2019 Report by Smart Growth America, traffic deaths from motor vehicles are down more than 6%, despite the fact that the number of miles traveled is up over 8%. If we are driving more than ever and seeing fewer road fatalities in general, then you may be shocked to learn that the same study reveals a 35.4% increase in pedestrian fatalities between 2008 and 2017.
Why are pedestrian fatalities on the rise? The title of the study, Dangerous By Design, gives away what the researchers believe. The fact is that roads were built and designed with driving in mind, not walking. And many cities across the country have seen few programs developed to help keep pedestrians safe.
Where are the worst offenses? Of the 20 most dangerous cities for pedestrians, nine are in Florida. While there is only one city here in California, our state was the 16th most dangerous state to walk in, according to the research. From 2008-2017, California saw 7,127 pedestrian fatalities. That is nearly 2 per 100,000 people in the state.
What to Do if You Have Been Injured While Walking
While it is important to be careful when you are walking, the responsibility also lies with drivers to pay attention. If you have been injured in a traffic accident due to a negligent driver, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills, missed workdays, and more. Call the experienced personal injury attorneys of Petrov Law Firm at 619.344.0360 to learn how we can help you to maximize your settlement in California.Read More