6 Categories that Qualify as Wrongful Death
There is nothing more tragic than losing a loved one prematurely due to someone else’s negligence. We’re going to list 6 broad categories of circumstances that constitute wrongful death. If your family has faced one of these situations, you need to find a compassionate lawyer to help you through this difficult time.
- Medical malpractice – Doctors and their staff need to perform the right medical procedures and provide the proper doses of medication to avoid culpability in a patient’s death.
- Auto accidents – Whether the other driver was under the influence of something, driving recklessly, or just plain negligent in driving practices or in maintaining the vehicle, it may qualify as wrongful
- Transportation accidents – Cars are not the only place where a wrongful death can occur. The same holds true when a person travels via plane, train, or bus.
- Product defects – Whether there is something wrong with the product itself or the instructions on how to use it safely, this may qualify as wrongful
- Failure to properly train employees – If an employee is killed on the job because he or she received insufficient safety training regarding a foreseeable danger, the incident may have been preventable.
- Unsafe roadways – Road hazards happen, but what if the hazard is fixable and has been in place for weeks or even months with no warning to drivers. This may qualify as a wrongful death case as well.
Legal Assistance When You Need It Most
If your family is dealing with a tragedy due to one of the circumstances noted above, contact Petrov Law Firm. We provide the compassionate legal assistance that families in Southern California need when calamity strikes. Call 619-344-0360 to speak to someone about your circumstances today.