5 Tips to Help You Cycle Safely in California
Do you love to ride your bicycle in the beautiful southern California weather? It is essential to know how to share the road with drivers in order to protect yourself. Here are some tips for safe cycling based on existing state laws in California.
- Stay to the right – Unless you are making a left-hand turn, are traveling at the same speed as traffic, or are passing another cyclist, you should stay as far to the right side of the road as possible.
- Use the bike lane – You should always signal, by hand or with lights if you have them, when leaving the bike lane.
- Wear your helmet – It’s the law if you are under 18, but it is a necessary safety precaution for everyone.
- Stop for pedestrians – This is especially true when it comes to crosswalks. Remember that bicycles basically have to follow the same traffic laws as anyone driving a car.
- Use sufficient lighting – This is especially true at night. Know the state requirements, but don’t be afraid to go above and beyond. The more visible you are to drivers, the better.
Getting Help if You Have Been Injured in a Cycling Accident
If you have been injured by a driver in southern California, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. We are experienced at helping cyclists to receive the settlement they deserve from an insurance company following an accident that leads to injury. Call us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started right away.