5 Motorcycle Riding Tips That Can Save a Life
Riding a motorcycle is a great way to get around Californian cities, especially when there is a lot of traffic. Here are a few tips to help you get where you are going as safely as possible.
- Beware of drivers – Many drivers are not good at sharing the road with motorcycles. There are also a lot of distracted drivers. It’s not fair for the burden to be on you, but the fact is that when a car and a motorcycle get into an accident, it doesn’t matter who is right or wrong. The consequences will be far worse for the cyclist.
- Wear the proper protective equipment – In a minor accident, the right helmet and clothing can protect you from serious harm or even save your life.
- Be modest – If you are a new rider, don’t go beyond your limitations. Always follow traffic laws and don’t try to do anything you are not 100% sure you are able to handle.
- Stay visible – Whether it is keeping the lights on your vehicle in good order or wearing something reflective on your clothes/helmet, anything you can do to increase your visibility could be lifesaving.
- Never ride if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription medications that could affect your ability to ride safely).
Getting Help After a Motorcycle Accident in California
Petrov Law Firm in San Diego can help you to get what you deserve from the insurance company. Give us a call today at 619.344.0360 to learn what we can do for you.