5 Forms of Reckless Driving that Cause Car Accidents
When a car accident occurs, the priority is to care for the injured. Then it is time to assign blame. This can determine if someone gets ticketed, whose insurance is responsible for the bill, and even if a lawsuit will occur. Here are five reckless things that people do behind the wheel that lead to accidents.
- Alcohol – Don’t drink and drive is a slogan even children know by heart, but that doesn’t stop people from getting behind the wheel after they’ve had a few.
- Speeding – This is what is behind just about every accident on the road. Even if there are also other factors like poor road conditions or being distracted, many accidents could still be avoided if people just obeyed the speed limit.
- Smartphones – Texting while driving is illegal in almost every state (get with the program Arizona, Missouri, and Montana), but really any smartphone use is going to distract a driver. In California, any handheld use of a smartphone is banned while driving.
- Distractions – Besides just smartphones, there are a lot of other things people do while driving that distracts them. Everything from eating and drinking to smoking and applying makeup can lead to a motor vehicle accident.
- Red Lights – Red means stop. It doesn’t get any clearer. Whether a person is distracted, driving too fast, or trying to “squeeze the lemon” on a yellow light that is long gone, running a red light can turn into a serious accident in a hurry.
If You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident in California
If you have been injured in a car accident in California, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help you to receive the proper compensation for your losses. Before you sign anything from an insurance company accepting a settlement, give us a call at 619-344-0360. We can help you to maximize your settlement and avoid being cheated by a lowball insurance settlement.