5 Essential Steps to Winning Your Retail Store Injury Case
If you fall and get hurt in a store, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries. However, before you skip to the settlement, there are a few essential things to do. Here is a 5-step plan if you are ever injured in a retail store.
- Seek medical attention – If you have been injured by a slip and fall, call an ambulance. This is especially true if you have hit your head or think your neck or back may have experienced damage.
- Report the injury to the business – You will likely have to fill out an injury report. You can do this right away if your injuries are not life-threatening. Make sure you get a copy.
- Take photo or video evidence – Most of us carry a smartphone nowadays, so you should be able to document the scene of the injury and what caused the fall.
- Get follow-up medical care – Even if you don’t end up in the ER because your injuries are not life-threatening, you could still experience long-term health issues. Be sure to get the care you need in the coming days, weeks, or even months after the accident.
- Hire a personal injury attorney who practices in the state where your injury occurred.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm can help if you have experienced a slip and fall injury in southern California. Call us today at 619.344.0360 to get your case started. We can help to maximize your settlement from the insurance company.