5 Common Reasons for Pedestrian Accidents
When a pedestrian is knocked down by a moving vehicle, the results can be quite serious. What are some of the contributing factors to this type of accident? Here are five of the most common reasons that a pedestrian is involved in an accident with a motor vehicle.
- Reduced visibility – Dawn, dusk, night, rain, or any other conditions that reduce visibility can make it more difficult for a driver to see a pedestrian.
- Driving distracted – Between phones and the many other distractions that are available to drivers, you are probably not surprised to see this on the list.
- Poor infrastructure – A lack of crosswalks, pedestrian lights, and other safety features may lead to more accidents and injuries. In general, poorly laid out roadways can lead to more danger for walkers.
- Drug and alcohol abuse – Drivers who are under the influence are far more likely to strike a pedestrian with their vehicle. A DUI is a common occurrence when a pedestrian accident occurs.
- Quieter vehicles – Hybrid and electric vehicles make far less noise. As a result, a pedestrian who is not constantly aware of their surroundings may step in front of a car without noticing it.
If You Have Been Injured in a Pedestrian Accident in California
The personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego have the experience you want in your corner when trying to reach a settlement in a pedestrian accident case. Don’t expect an insurance company to give you a fair shake, no matter how nice they may seem on the phone. Call 619.344.0360 today to get the assistance you need.