Trip and fall injuries are very common and can easily occur if an unexpected obstacle appears in front of you suddenly and you don’t realize you will have to step higher than normal to clear it. What are some of the more common injuries a person will suffer in this sort of accident?
- Knees – Skinned or scrapped knees can easily occur during a trip. In a more serious fall, you may do structural damage to the knee that could require surgery.
- Hand and wrist fractures – Since the natural inclination is to throw your hands out to stop a fall, this is one of the most common injuries when someone trips. Unfortunately, the bones in the hands and arms may not be strong enough to support your full weight during a fall, and this can result in broken bones that need to be set.
- Facial injuries – If you are unable to catch yourself during a fall, facial injuries can be extensive. This can include damage to the mouth and teeth, nose, or even skull if you land hard enough to sustain a concussion.
What to Do After a Trip and Fall Injury
While waiting for medical attention, it may be a good idea to photograph what caused you to trip, and you can fill out any necessary paperwork at the place the injury occurred. Whether it is uneven pavement, old carpeting, or an item that has been left in a place it doesn’t belong, you may be due compensation for your medical bills and even missed work. Contact Petrov Law Firm today by calling 619-344-0360 to find the personal injury lawyers that San Diego residents can rely on.Read More
If you have fallen in a store or in a public place and suffered an injury, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses or missed work. However, there are a few things that you need to know. Here are two key factors to keep in mind if you are seeking a slip and fall settlement in California.
- The statute of limitations is two years – This means you should be seeking an attorney pretty much immediately after you receive any necessary medical care. As it gets closer to the two-year mark, insurance companies won’t want to pay out as much because they figure they might be able to delay things until you end up getting nothing.
- Don’t sign anything until you have a lawyer – An insurance company may offer a payout to get you to sign something that waives your right to any future compensation. You only get one chance to get a settlement, so it has to cover all of your current and expected future medical expenses as well as any lost wages or future lost wages. Yes, a lawyer gets a cut, be he or she can also get you a much larger settlement.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Southern California, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced lawyers to help you. Operating out of San Diego, North County, and Chula Vista, we provide convenient locations to our clients and can help to maximize your settlement. Call 619-344-0360 today to learn more.Read More
This is an important question to answer because you need to know if you are going to be responsible for your medical bills and any work you may miss or if you are eligible to receive some compensation to help you out financially while recovering from your injury. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Your safety is your own responsibility – That having been said, the store owner does have to provide reasonable care. The difference in opinion may be over what is considered reasonable.
- You need proof – Take photographic evidence at the scene, even if you aren’t sure anything will come from your injuries. If the store has injury report paperwork to fill out, do so. Get checked out by a doctor so you have a medical record of your injuries.
- Time usually has to pass to prove negligence – If the person walking in front of you drops a soda and you slip on it, that isn’t the store’s fault. If someone spilled a soda an hour ago and no one has bothered to clean it up, that makes a better case for you.
Get Legal Advice for Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
Before you sign any sort of settlement, be sure to contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. The insurance company is going to want to pay as little as possible. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side is the only way to ensure that you get the full compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation today.Read More
If you have been in a car accident, you may be tempted to assume your injuries are not that bad and there is no reason to go to the doctor. However, there are a few things you should watch out for in the weeks and months following an accident that could indicate an injury occurred.
- Vertigo – Vertigo is a false sensation of movement. Most people say it feels like the room is spinning. This can be an indicator that you are suffering from post-concussion syndrome.
- Headaches or migraines – Another indicator of post-concussion syndrome, this symptom usually means that you suffered either head or neck trauma.
- Brain fog – Confusion, inability to focus, and short-term memory loss are all indicators of head or neck trauma.
- Insomnia – Difficulty sleeping can indicate post-concussion syndrome, although it may also be linked to post-traumatic stress, especially if you are also having nightmares about the accident.
- Irritability and mood swings – If may be your coworkers or family members who alert you to this symptom. Take it seriously because it can be yet another indicator that an injury has occurred.
Whether it is a few days, weeks, or even months after your car accident, be sure to head to your doctor if these symptoms arise.
Personal Injury Attorneys in San Diego, CA
If you have suffered an injury in a car accident, even if the symptoms didn’t display right away, you deserve compensation from the party at fault. To deal with car insurance companies that want to pay out as little as possible, you need the help of the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Contact us today at 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
In the US, there are about 90 million dogs in peoples’ homes as pets. So with that many dogs around people all of the time, you may not be surprised to find out that there are about 4.5 million dog bites each year. While most people do not require medical attention following a bite, about 1 in 5 will.
If you are bitten by a dog, here is a quick guide to getting the proper help:
- Acquire contact info from the owner. If you cannot verify that the dog has received the proper vaccinations, you will require rabies inoculation.
- Use soap and water to clean the bite area thoroughly. This will help to prevent an infection from occurring.
- If a serious injury has occurred and you cannot care for your own injuries or reach a medical facility on your own, call 911. For less serious injuries, you may call your doctor and ask for advice on whether a trip to the ER is needed.
- Contact the veterinarian who treats the dog directly. Don’t take the owner’s word for it that the pet is up to date on immunizations.
- Keep track of any medical bills you accrue or work you may have missed due to the injury and bring this information with you to your personal injury lawyer.
Dog Bite Attorney in San Diego, California
The attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are experts in the law when it comes to injuries due to dog attacks. If you have been injured by a dog bite, contact us today at 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
If you have been hurt in a car accident or have suffered another type of injury due to negligence or intent, here are the types of compensation you may be eligible to receive:
- Medical bills – This is the most obvious. If you suffered an injury due to someone else’s fault, you shouldn’t get stuck with the medical expenses (even if you had to go to an out of network doctor).
- Property damage – The classic example would be a car accident. You should be able to receive compensation for the damage incurred by your car.
- Pain and suffering – This includes emotional damages that you may find it difficult to assign a specific numerical value to. As a result, this is often the largest portion of a settlement.
- Lost wages – If you miss work or are no longer able to work due to your injuries, you will need to be compensated for the present wages you have already lost and any future wages you may be unable to earn.
Compensation for Personal Injuries in California
If you have suffered a personal injury in California, Petrov Law Firm can help you to receive the full compensation that you deserve. Based in San Diego, our personal injury attorneys are the southern California compensation experts that you can trust. Don’t sign anything before you speak with an attorney. Insurance companies always want to get away with the minimum they can pay out. We can help you calculate what you really deserve for the ordeal you went through.Read More
When a person suffers an injury due to someone else’s intent or negligence, they may be able to receive compensation for losses that are suffered. This can include reimbursement for medical bills, property damage, and even general costs for pain and suffering that may have resulted from the experience. However, you only have a certain amount of time to bring your claim forward. Here is what you need to know about the statute of limitations in California.
Different Time Frames for Different Claims
Depending on the type of claim you wish to make, there are different amounts of time that you need to accomplish your claim during. Here are a few examples:
- Property damages – Let’s say someone damages your property along with the injury. For example, you are in a car accident. You have three years to make a claim on the damages to your car. Remember that you may not receive compensation on the day you make a claim, so you can’t wait until the end of the third year to report the damages.
- Personal injury – If you were to slip and fall due to negligence on the part of a business, you could make a claim for up to two years. However, because there are many steps involved, you will want to start the claim long before. And you should seek medical attention from day one of the injuries.
- Claims involving government agencies – If your claim involves damages caused by a government agency, you need to act fast. The statute of limitations is just six months.
Personal Injury Assistance in the San Diego Area
If you have experienced a personal injury in the San Diego area, contact Petrov Law Firm today to get your case started before time runs out. Call 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.Read More
One of the biggest dangers to runners are drivers who are distracted. We’re going to give you a few tips for sharing the road with people who may not be on the lookout for runners.
- Be alert – Don’t assume that a driver sees you. You can jog in place while you wait for a light to change or for a visibly distracted driver to make a turn in front of you.
- Find a safe route – You may be able to plan your route so that you can stay on the sidewalk and make minimal road crossings. Or you may choose to run on roads that are not as busy.
- Always try to make eye contact – If you do have to cross the street in front of a driver, always try to make eye contact so that you are confident the driver sees you, even if they are at a stop sign or light.
- Watch the weather – Wet or slick roads can make it tougher for drivers to stop, even if they see you. They can also lead to a slip and fall. If you were to fall in the middle of the road when crossing in front of a vehicle when you had plenty of time, the gap can be closed quickly.
Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego and the Surrounding Neighborhoods
If you have been injured while running, whether it is by a driver, a dog, a trip on a damaged sidewalk or any other cause, Petrov Law Firm can help. To see if you can recover losses in a personal injury suit, contact us today at 619-344-0360. We may be able to help you get compensation for medical bills, lost wages, or other expenses.Read More
When you suffer a personal injury, the first priority has to be getting medical assistance. However, there are concerns that people have when an ambulance is called at the scene of the injury. For example, what if the facility you are brought to or the doctor who examines you is not in network? This can result in a lot of extra expense, especially if you want to do your follow up with the same doctor or facility.
There is good news, however. Compensation for personal injury settlements should include coverage for your medical expenses regardless of whether you saw a doctor who was in network or not. In fact, there is a precedent for your expenses being covered, even if you decline to use your health insurance. You just have to be sure to get a settlement or win the case. Otherwise, you will be the one who is responsible for the medical bills that add up.
Proving fault or negligence is key when it comes to personal injury cases, so you want an experienced attorney on your side.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you are in San Diego or the surrounding areas, Petrov Law Firm has the experienced personal injury attorneys that you need when trying to maximize your settlement so as to get those expensive medical bills paid. Just call 619-344-0360 today to schedule a consultation, and we can help you to determine if you have everything you need for a case.Read More
You may be surprised to learn which careers carry the highest risk of a work injury claim. We’re going to take a closer look at some of California’s most dangerous jobs to see who is at greatest risk for an avoidable work injury according to the California Department of Labor.
- Nursing home staff and home care workers – Who knew it could be so dangerous working with the elderly and infirm? Workers at government-run facilities face the highest risk.
- Woodworking – Assembling wooden products requires a great deal of skill and knowledge of how to use a number of different machines. It also pays to be safety conscious based on the injury claim statistics.
- Messengers – Whether you are a private courier or work for a delivery service you are at risk. However, private messengers face the most injuries. Perhaps this is because private messenger services are often called upon for more dangerous deliveries that may involve adversarial situations.
- Animal workers – Whether you raise animals, slaughter them for food, or try to heal them when they are ill, you are working in one of the most dangerous industries in California. Animals can be unpredictable, and that becomes even more so when an animal is taken from its natural habitat.
Southern California’s Expert Personal Injury Attorneys
Residents of San Diego and the surrounding areas can turn to Petrov Law Firm when work injuries and other personal injuries occur. To get your case started, call our experienced personal injury lawyers today at 619.344.0360.Read More