Trip and fall injuries are very common and can easily occur if an unexpected obstacle appears in front of you suddenly and you don’t realize you will have to step higher than normal to clear it. What are some of the more common injuries a person will suffer in this sort of accident?
- Knees – Skinned or scrapped knees can easily occur during a trip. In a more serious fall, you may do structural damage to the knee that could require surgery.
- Hand and wrist fractures – Since the natural inclination is to throw your hands out to stop a fall, this is one of the most common injuries when someone trips. Unfortunately, the bones in the hands and arms may not be strong enough to support your full weight during a fall, and this can result in broken bones that need to be set.
- Facial injuries – If you are unable to catch yourself during a fall, facial injuries can be extensive. This can include damage to the mouth and teeth, nose, or even skull if you land hard enough to sustain a concussion.
What to Do After a Trip and Fall Injury
While waiting for medical attention, it may be a good idea to photograph what caused you to trip, and you can fill out any necessary paperwork at the place the injury occurred. Whether it is uneven pavement, old carpeting, or an item that has been left in a place it doesn’t belong, you may be due compensation for your medical bills and even missed work. Contact Petrov Law Firm today by calling 619-344-0360 to find the personal injury lawyers that San Diego residents can rely on.Read More
Not all causes of personal injury are actionable, but there may be times when you can seek compensation for your losses. Here are 5 of the more common reasons for personal injury suits in California.
- Slip and fall accidents – In order for you to be able to make a claim, you have to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner. This means that the owner was negligent in caring for the circumstances that led to your slip and fall.
- Motor vehicle accidents – California is a fault state, so the amount of compensation will depend on whether or not you share some blame for the accident.
- Defective products – If you are injured while using a product properly, you may be able to receive compensation for damages, especially if the manufacturer should have known about the defect.
- Workplace injuries – Whether you perform manual labor or work in an office, accidents can happen. Unsafe work conditions can lead to a personal injury suit.
- Assault – Any time another human injures you on purpose, the results can be jail time for the assailant as well as compensation for the injury caused to you.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Rely On
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned above or in any other way where another person or business was responsible, contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
When someone is injured, you may wonder who should be held responsible for the medical bills and other losses the injured person may have experienced. Let’s see how this question applies to some of the more common ways in which individuals are injured in Southern California.
- Car Accidents – Automotive accident injuries are extremely common and often lead to major medical expenses. However, California is a fault state, so liability is determined by the percent of fault the various parties share.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Whether you slip on wet tile or trip over a run in the carpet, what needs to be determined is whether the property owner caused the issue, knew about the issue, and had enough time to respond to the issue.
- Dog Attacks – Dog bites are probably more common than you think. Children are the most likely to be bitten, so it is vital to monitor the interactions between children and animals. If a dog bite occurs, the owner may be culpable depending on the circumstances.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned in this article, the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have experience in helping the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and dog bites receive a proper settlement. To learn more, schedule a consultation with our conveniently located San Diego and Chula Vista offices today. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More
A trip and fall accident involves stumbling over something or perhaps not raising the foot high enough to get over the hazard. What types of injuries are common in this sort of accident and what are some of the most common causes in Southern California?
Trip and Fall Injuries
When a person trips and falls, certain parts of the body are more prone to injury. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Face – If caught completely unaware, you may not have the chance to stop yourself from going face first into the ground.
- Fractures in the hand, wrist, or arm – Your first instinct when tripping is probably to throw your arms in front of you stop yourself from hitting your head. This is how most people sustain hand and arm injuries.
- Knee injuries – In a less severe accident, you may not go all the way to the ground. However, landing on one or both knees can still do a lot of damage.
Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents
Here are a few of the common ways that trip and fall injuries occur:
- An item left where it doesn’t belong
- A high door jamb
- An unmarked step up or down
- Uneven concrete or pavement
- Bunched up carpet
What to Do if You Suffer an Injury Due to a Trip and Fall in Southern California
Trip and fall accidents can happen to anyone. If you have suffered an injury and need compensation for medical costs and other losses, please contact the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm by calling 619-344-0360.Read More